• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing World Of Buying & Selling Art

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
In the news....
Italian Artist Salvatore Garau Has Just Sold an Invisible Sculpture for $18,000 USD
Excerpted....
Italian artist Salvatore Garau has just sold an invisible sculpture for $18,000 USD. The Io Sono (I am) sculpture, as the artist explains, exists but just not in material form, and is actually more like a “vacuum.”

The 67-year-old went on to elaborate that, “the vacuum is nothing more than a space full of energy, and even if we empty it and there is nothing left, according to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, that ‘nothing’ has a weight. Therefore, it has energy that is condensed and transformed into particles, that is, into us.” Much like how we “shape a god we’ve never seen.”

The “sculpture” is intended to be displayed in a 5×5-foot square and must be displayed in a private space free from obstructions where lighting and climate control are not required. Reiterating that even if you can’t see it, it does exist, Garau included a certificate of authentication to the purchaser.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
In the news....
Italian Artist Salvatore Garau Has Just Sold an Invisible Sculpture for $18,000 USD
Excerpted....
Italian artist Salvatore Garau has just sold an invisible sculpture for $18,000 USD. The Io Sono (I am) sculpture, as the artist explains, exists but just not in material form, and is actually more like a “vacuum.”

The 67-year-old went on to elaborate that, “the vacuum is nothing more than a space full of energy, and even if we empty it and there is nothing left, according to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, that ‘nothing’ has a weight. Therefore, it has energy that is condensed and transformed into particles, that is, into us.” Much like how we “shape a god we’ve never seen.”

The “sculpture” is intended to be displayed in a 5×5-foot square and must be displayed in a private space free from obstructions where lighting and climate control are not required. Reiterating that even if you can’t see it, it does exist, Garau included a certificate of authentication to the purchaser.

Better than religion...

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
In the news....
Excerpted....

Best viewed whilst listening to John Cage's 4min 33sec on headphones. :D

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In the news....
Excerpted....

Who knows what shape those pheromones take as they go wafting across a room? Somebody needs to invent a pheromone camera, and sell the pictures of their shapes.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Who knows what shape those pheromones take as they go wafting across a room? Somebody needs to invent a pheromone camera, and sell the pictures of their shapes.
I plan to sell a 1000 page book of my philosophy.
The text will be invisible.
Many varied deep meanings could be read into it.
Signed 1st editions are available for the bargain
price of $10,000 (plus shipping & handling).

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
-

Okay you need some work on your understanding of marketing. Now this man is a genius. Please note that he did manage to sell his work. Now he can sell limited edition reproductions, at a lower price of course, but along with some sort of certification. Once that catches on you lower the price even more. The real money is when one mass produces the work and sells the piece for just $10.00 or so. If he sells ten million copes at that price he will net a cool hundred million dollars, minus minor expenses.

The hard part would be keeping that serious look on his face long enough.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
-

Okay you need some work on your understanding of marketing. Now this man is a genius. Please note that he did manage to sell his work. Now he can sell limited edition reproductions, at a lower price of course, but along with some sort of certification. Once that catches on you lower the price even more. The real money is when one mass produces the work and sells the piece for just $10.00 or so. If he sells ten million copes at that price he will net a cool hundred million dollars, minus minor expenses.

The hard part would be keeping that serious look on his face long enough.
I've already forged a copy of his sculpture.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Someone said: "" conceptual art will become more and more radical, until there will be no need of selling material things as works of arts, any more. Concepts will be sold instead"".
LOL

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Finally the secret of the "somebody else's problem field" first revealed to us in the Hitchhiker's Guide has been applied to making money not just to avoiding problems.

It's capitalism on the march and all capitalists should jump up and applaud wildly at the triumph of greed.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Finally the secret of the "somebody else's problem field" first revealed to us in the Hitchhiker's Guide has been applied to making money not just to avoiding problems.

It's capitalism on the march and all capitalists should jump up and applaud wildly at the triumph of greed.
Willing seller & willing buyer of something
that entertains art lovers, & harms no one.
That must really offend you.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member

Only 1000 pages? Jeepers yur lazy.