• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Amazing World Of Buying & Selling Art

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
In the news....
Italian Artist Salvatore Garau Has Just Sold an Invisible Sculpture for $18,000 USD
Excerpted....
Italian artist Salvatore Garau has just sold an invisible sculpture for $18,000 USD. The Io Sono (I am) sculpture, as the artist explains, exists but just not in material form, and is actually more like a “vacuum.”

The 67-year-old went on to elaborate that, “the vacuum is nothing more than a space full of energy, and even if we empty it and there is nothing left, according to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, that ‘nothing’ has a weight. Therefore, it has energy that is condensed and transformed into particles, that is, into us.” Much like how we “shape a god we’ve never seen.”

The “sculpture” is intended to be displayed in a 5×5-foot square and must be displayed in a private space free from obstructions where lighting and climate control are not required. Reiterating that even if you can’t see it, it does exist, Garau included a certificate of authentication to the purchaser.

Gonna be hard to determine a counterfeit piece.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Hire a ghost writer then. Doesn't sound too hard to stick with the original intent. Your outline is coherent and excellent. Heck, I'll volunteer.
I hired an invisible ghost writer.
And paid with invisible money.
I'm up to 1500 pages now.
But if I make it too long, people won't read it.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I hired an invisible ghost writer.
And paid with invisible money.
I'm up to 1500 pages now.
But if I make it too long, people won't read it.

Excellent point, although it seems skimming might draw out the meaning as well as a full fledged study would.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It's a very faithful reproduction.
Even experts would be fooled.

They'd be compelled to study the certificate of authenticity rather than the artwork itself. The artist may have been wiser to make said certificate invisible as well. His loss.

PureX

Veteran Member
The art market is a lot like a flea market in that there are only a few real gems buried in an ocean of junk. But even the junk can be a 'gem' to someone. So you just have to keep looking.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
In the news....
Italian Artist Salvatore Garau Has Just Sold an Invisible Sculpture for $18,000 USD
Excerpted....
Italian artist Salvatore Garau has just sold an invisible sculpture for $18,000 USD. The Io Sono (I am) sculpture, as the artist explains, exists but just not in material form, and is actually more like a “vacuum.”

The 67-year-old went on to elaborate that, “the vacuum is nothing more than a space full of energy, and even if we empty it and there is nothing left, according to the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, that ‘nothing’ has a weight. Therefore, it has energy that is condensed and transformed into particles, that is, into us.” Much like how we “shape a god we’ve never seen.”

The “sculpture” is intended to be displayed in a 5×5-foot square and must be displayed in a private space free from obstructions where lighting and climate control are not required. Reiterating that even if you can’t see it, it does exist, Garau included a certificate of authentication to the purchaser.
If this world were sane, such an obvious fraud would be illegal. Think of all the good that money could've gone to. There's people struggling and destitute all over the US. This is shameful and corrupt. Salvatore Garau is a con man making a mockery of art. I want to go to a gallery and spit on his "invisible art".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If this world were sane, such an obvious fraud would be illegal. Think of all the good that money could've gone to. There's people struggling and destitute all over the US. This is shameful and corrupt. Salvatore Garau is a con man making a mockery of art. I want to go to a gallery and spit on his "invisible art".
I don't see any fraud....just a really strange idea of value
placed upon things with no tangible value. The Soviets
tried making socially damaging art illegal, eg, jazz.
Such law never works out well.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I don't see any fraud....just a really strange idea of value
placed upon things with no tangible value. The Soviets
tried making socially damaging art illegal, eg, jazz.
Such law never works out well.
It is a fraud because there is nothing he is actually selling. He's a hack. I see this a lot with people who fancy themselves "very important artists" but who have zero talent, so they pull stunts like that to fool the rubes (who think it is so profound as they buy or muse about literally nothing, garbage, human waste, and so on believing it is "high art"). Modern art is full of losers like that.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
It is a fraud because there is nothing he is actually selling. He's a hack. I see this a lot with people who fancy themselves "very important artists" but who have zero talent, so they pull stunts like that to fool the rubes. Modern art is full of losers like that.
The buyer is no doubt fully aware that there's nothing
other than a concept & a certificate of authenticity.
This differs from frauds like priests selling indulgences
to believers.