• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thanks, US women, for making sure Romney did not get elected.

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony
Yeah and Paul Broun (R-Ga.) is on the House Science Committee, too. Forget evolution ... he doesn't even accept embryology! And no, I'm not taking him out of context, [youtube]ZBy3MbP4WDo[/youtube]
watch for yourself.

And the man is a medical doctor! (Though he's not a scientist, as he claims in the video.) Not a good sign for women.

Yea..he was the guy I was talking about. Some people in this country wonder why we rank so low compared to other nations....

These people remind me of this movie right here....

[youtube]-Vw2CrY9Igs[/youtube]
Idiocracy - Brawndo - YouTube

If you haven't seen this movie then I highly recommend it....

MoonWater

Warrior Bard
Premium Member
You know... The guy who said it apologized, and has been properly castigated for his stupidity within the Republican party. I can't think of one human being who actually agrees with that line.

Mitt Romney has said that he doesn't agree with that nonsense. Rape is rape, and rape is evil.

Are all Republicans okay with rape because one member of Congress was terminally stupid?

That's a rather interesting brush to use against all Republicans.

Not what I was reffering to but he is just one of many

Court Requires Disabled Rape Victim To Prove She Resisted, Calls For Evidence Of 'Biting, Kicking, Scratching' | ThinkProgress

Ryan backed more than one 'forcible rape' abortion bill - First Read

PolitiFact | Obama and Romney on women's issues

Dirty Penguin

Master Of Ceremony

Alceste

Vagabond
I thought this was a joke reading the title but the story is no laughing matter. I'm amazed at the judges and the decision they came to. This truly sends a message to would be rapist seeking to wield their power over the powerless......:facepalm:

Yeah, "make sure you use a gun or a knife so she's too scared to fight you, and it's not rape as far as we're concerned, wink wink". That's the message it sends.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
I wish I had your confidence... like some other people have mentioned, I've become nearly totally disillusioned with the American population after watching them support some truly horrific things over time.

In any case, I think the nation is still in deep trouble even if Romney is defeated solely due to the fact that Romney will still have gained >45% of the vote. Even if he loses, that's absolutely terrifying. That indicates something is horribly, grotesquely wrong with America.

dust1n

Zindīq
I wish I had your confidence... like some other people have mentioned, I've become nearly totally disillusioned with the American population after watching them support some truly horrific things over time.

In any case, I think the nation is still in deep trouble even if Romney is defeated solely due to the fact that Romney will still have gained >45% of the vote. Even if he loses, that's absolutely terrifying. That indicates something is horribly, grotesquely wrong with America.

Take solace in the fact that the overwhelming majority of those people will be dead in 20-30 years.

Lady B

noob
Well, don't forget that Prop 8 also had a lot of monetary backing supporting it, more than was in favor of it, in addition to people against it not voting for it under the false mindset of "There's no way something this stupid could pass!"

I'm not seeing the same thing this time.
I tried looking up prop 8 to see exactly what it entails and maybe I am reading this wrong, Isn't it still waiting to be ruled on by the supreme court?:shrug:

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm sorry that you find it dismissive that I assume two adults have more control of their choices than rutting animals.

I believe in human dignity, and that even as humans are animals, I believe we are higher than simple animals.
I'm sorry you feel the need to hide behind a strawman, so I guess we're even.

dust1n

Zindīq
I'm sorry that you find it dismissive that I assume two adults have more control of their choices than rutting animals.

I believe in human dignity, and that even as humans are animals, I believe we are higher than simple animals.

What animals have no control and get abortions?

The Shadow

I just checked google news. As the polls start to close, it's showing Romney having a lead over Obama. It's far from over, since the deciding states results have yet to be tallied, but still it's worrying. :(

dust1n

Zindīq
Obama has basically won. My predictions were correct... except the Senate has appeared to have fell to the left as well. Glad to see we got a new independent in the Senate, though one has left, leaving the independents as 1/50th relevant, both leaning left and Sanders super-left! Surprised Romney did as well as he did.

Alceste

Vagabond
I just checked google news. As the polls start to close, it's showing Romney having a lead over Obama. It's far from over, since the deciding states results have yet to be tallied, but still it's worrying. :(

The West coast is still voting. :)

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Prepare for 4 more years of whining and conspiracy theories from Fox News.

Hopefully the GOP takes this opportunity to shift away from the EXTREME right and maybe start contributing to help America more while wasting time on ballots about abortion and "reaffirming" the "under god" motto a little less.

dust1n

Zindīq
Prepare for 4 more years of whining and conspiracy theories from Fox News.

Hopefully the GOP takes this opportunity to shift away from the EXTREME right and maybe start contributing to help America more while wasting time on ballots about abortion and "reaffirming" the "under god" motto a little less.

It's pretty obvious that if the Republican party simply stopped repressing gays and hating on abortion, they would have killed.