• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thank You Donald Trump

tempogain

Woman's explanation in the second video sounds totally plausible. What the hell, I might call the cops if I saw strange people coming out of a neighbors house. Maybe they should try to get all the facts before they try to "hold her accountable" blah blah. Pretty sickening really.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
I've had police called on me because they thought I was suspicious, I also had a cop draw his gun on me when I was trying to get in my own house at 2:30 in the morning, got off overtime work early moved very slow to get my I.D. To show I lived there.

Still trying to figure out how this is somehow Trumps fault.

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
I've had police called on me because they thought I was suspicious, I also had a cop draw his gun on me when I was trying to get in my own house at 2:30 in the morning, got off overtime work early moved very slow to get my I.D. To show I lived there.

Cool story bro

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
Woman's explanation in the second video sounds totally plausible. What the hell, I might call the cops if I saw strange people coming out of a neighbors house. Maybe they should try to get all the facts before they try to "hold her accountable" blah blah. Pretty sickening really.

Wait so you'll call the cops if you saw "strange people" that didn't wave at you?

Daemon Sophic

I saw that story this morning. Actually if I saw strangers coming and going out of the neighbors house with luggage I would call the cops too.
It seems the real problem here was that the owners of the Airbnb did not inform their neighbors that strangers might be coming and going. These sound like good neighbors who are just trying to keep the Airbnb owner‘s house and property safe.
The fact that the renters were black is a complete red herring in this particular case. Sorry.

All that said, yes, often times police are called against black people for no good reason......But in this case they’re clearly was a good reason.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I saw that story this morning. Actually if I saw strangers coming and going out of the neighbors house with luggage I would call the cops too.
It seems the real problem here was that the owners of the Airbnb did not inform their neighbors that strangers might be coming and going. These sound like good neighbors who are just trying to keep the Airbnb owner‘s house and property safe.
The fact that the renters were black is a complete red herring in this particular case. Sorry.

All that said, yes, often times police are called against black people for no good reason......But in this case they’re clearly was a good reason.
^ you just can't make this stuff up ... :rolleyes:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Trump has emboldened the majority . Now, it is not safe even being a student

@Revoltingest I'm tagging you because I think you need a healthy lesson in stereotypes and implicit racial biases.

When one keeps carping about my age, race
& bias, yet claiming that one has no bias
I think there is something one should face also.
hypocrisy-meter.gif~c200

Let it be a discussion of the issues.
Not about personal & racial enmity.

Last edited:

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
hypocrisy-meter.gif~c200

Well, you are white.
Everyone knows what those people are like.
Tom

idav

Being
Premium Member
hypocrisy-meter.gif~c200

Your just supposed to admit racial profiling is all Trumps fault! No way it existed for hundreds of years that would be crazy.

Amani_Bhava

Not my country, not my problem but my 2 cents ..

Bob Dylan (Mr Dylan is a famous folk/rock singer) was in same situation back in 2009 .. whites did not create a hullabaloo. Many of us were left scratching our heads at how a young police officer did not recognise the name and face of Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan stopped by Long Branch police, asked for ID

Esquire interview of the police officer who arrested Dylan When Bob Dylan Met Officer Buble

namaste

amani_bhava

Last edited:

Spiderman

Veteran Member
I've been arrested for uploading a song on YouTube and been arrested for calling my foster mom a b****, neither of which are illegal.

I've also wound up in the back of a highway patrol car for walking down a freeway.

I've been interrogated by the police for creating shrines to dead people in the woods.

Which isn't illegal.

I've also been interrogated by the police for a burglary I never committed, and had the police interrogate me for swimming in an area that was flooded.

Stanyon

WWMRD?
Cool story bro

Well it is true and I assume that there are quite a number of other non-minorities here that have had some of the same things happen to them at one time or another whether it fits into your chosen narrative or not. I find it interesting that some of even the smallest and most ridiculous things are being reported on weekly, things you would never hear about nor do they represent much. The Starbucks thing I can understand a little of since they are so well known but in the end it was one employee in one business in one town, just a drop of water in the sea. I imagine the reason we are hearing every little thing is because mid-term elections are coming up and they are priming the pump, I would bet that after mid terms these stories will die down and then ramp back up about a year before 2020.
I've heard and seen a lot of claims in the media but I have yet to see any logical explanation as to how this is magically Trumps fault.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

@Revoltingest I'm tagging you because I think you need a healthy lesson in stereotypes and implicit racial biases.

I heard about this, as well as the case in Colorado about the two Native Americans who were ejected from the tour for prospective students because they looked "strange" to some other lady on the tour who called police on them.

It is somewhat ironic considering the locations of where these various incidents occurred: Colorado State, Yale University, California, Philadelphia - areas of the country which fancy themselves as more progressive and more enlightened than the rest of the country. And yet, they're just as backward as the rest of us.

I recall many years ago I was on a Greyhound bus, traveling through Texas. (I may have related this story before here.) The bus stopped at the Border Patrol checkpoint near Sierra Blanca, and the Border Patrol agents brought out the dogs to sniff the luggage in the compartment. Another couple of agents got on the bus and started searching individuals' carry on bags. As they were working their way back, I noticed that they were only searching the bags of the black passengers. I told one of them, "There's my bag there, if you want to search it," and he said "No need." That's when a black lady noticed, "Hey, why are they only searching the black people's bags?" Good question.

Rational Agnostic

I agree that there is still a racism problem in the US, but it is in no way all Trump's fault. Would you blame Obama for the racism and racist attacks that took place during his presidency?

Epic Beard Man

Bearded Philosopher
hypocrisy-meter.gif~c200

I don't have implicit racial bias in the context it is normally used in society, but it doesn't change the fact that I continue to support my community that continues to be disenfranchised which I have demonstrated here. I just think you need a little bit more in service and education on racial intersectionality.