• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennessee sees new step in wave of anti-Trans bills

Fallen Prophet

Who decides whether the masculine person with a beard and pants is a woman or not?
How would you check that kind of thing in a restroom?
Ok. Explain to me the perfect solution to this issue.

The solution that is completely fair to everyone and does not discriminate against a single person.

Fallen Prophet

I don’t think we have any of those where I live. Or they are so rare that it is hardly an issue.

Are they common where you are? Can you remember the last time you were in a bathroom that wasn’t in someone’s home or business?
I don't think that really matters.

I have no authority to tell business owners what to do.

They have the right to let anyone they want use their restrooms.

On the other hand - they also have the right to relegate who uses which restroom - such as letting only biological men use the men's restroom.

They can also deny anyone the use of their restrooms.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don’t think we have any of those where I live. Or they are so rare that it is hardly an issue.

Are they common where you are? Can you remember the last time you were in a bathroom that wasn’t in someone’s home or business?
Hmm. I have been in a courthouse. That would qualify as neither. I think that I may have used the restrooms there at least once.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
So - you support the idea that anyone can go into any public restroom they want?
You appear to have a rather crazy belief that there are going to be restroom rapists or some other such nonsense. Nothing is stopping a rapist from dressing up, if that is their plan. Looks can be very deceiving. I have seen some very masculine looking women that seemed to be ciswomen, I hope I am using that term properly, and very effeminate looking cismen. If you demanded to see either of their genitals you would be in big trouble.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I really like those for the privacy. Even with IBS I can do all my business in the unusual manners it may happen without drawing attention to myself.
It's flabbergasting on how unisex isn't considered in other areas. Just remodel restrooms into ultra private stalls. They look good too and men and women can wash at the same sink after they are done. Nobody is labeled and privacy is assured while doing one's business.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's flabbergasting on how unisex isn't considered in other areas. Just remodel restrooms into ultra private stalls. They look good too and men and women can wash at the same sink after they are done. Nobody is labeled and privacy is assured while doing one's business.
Yeah. I hear parents love them the most, especially those with adult children who are disabled and need constant care. They can fulfill their parental roles without the arselings heckling them over it.
They really should be more of a norm rather than the exception as they do help many people.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We ran across this quite a bit in Quebec, and it didn't bother me one iota.

Fallen Prophet

Are you going to check everyone's "equipment" when they walk in?
Irrelevant.

Just because there are some master criminals out there who are capable of circumventing the law without leaving any evidence - that doesn't mean we should throw out the law.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
@Fallen Prophet ,

In an earlier conversation we had, you lamented having a college professor refer to you as "bigoted" (or something similar). Given your posts in this thread (e.g., analogizing between transgenders and criminals), I'm now wondering if that professor's assessment wasn't accurate.

You seem to have exaggerated angst over transgenders and them being allowed to live openly and freely in society (which includes using the public restrooms that correspond to their gender). Why is that? With all the other things going on in the world right now, how does a transgender woman using a stall in a men's restroom generate so much concern? From the other mens' perspective, all they see is someone come in, go into a stall, close the door, feet appear, flushing sounds follow, the person comes out, washes their hands, and leaves.

How is that a problem?