• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tennessee sees new step in wave of anti-Trans bills

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
A new Tennessee law forces businesses to post a 'policy' sign if they allow transgender people to use bathrooms matching their gender identity

Tennessee is requiring that businesses where trans people can use bathrooms which match their gender post warning signs.

The signs look like this:
20210519_115155.jpg
And the law outlines that the colors and text cannot be changed. Which is too bad, as I'd turn this transpanic induced BS into an affirmation like this:
20210519_115224.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Oh, yeah, and I'm even more glad to live in California where this nonsensical hate doesn't go on. We have our unisex bathrooms as well, lots of them, and it just hasn't lead to the hellfire and brimstone productions that those heathens who live by "thou shalt hate thy neighbor as ye hate Liberals" swore would happen because we became more tolerant.
And people wonder why I have such an issue with the Church. They don't all practice such hate, but their Bible promotes the Hell out of it regardless, giving justification to those wanting to hate and spread misery.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Scroll down for a drop down menu selection for each state or scroll even further for the state you are interested in
I NEVER want to hear another ****ing Republican screaming about the government coming between a patient and her doctor. They are hypocrites. They don't want want Uncle Sam there because they want themselves there to wedge a Bible between a doctor and her patients.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
It's just a bill.

On capital hill.....
The very first sentence of the article:

Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee signed legislation into law Monday that requires businesses to publicly post "policy" signs showing that they allow transgender people to access bathrooms that match their genders.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
A new Tennessee law forces businesses to post a 'policy' sign if they allow transgender people to use bathrooms matching their gender identity

Tennessee is requiring that businesses where trans people can use bathrooms which match their gender post warning signs.

The signs look like this:
View attachment 50702
And the law outlines that the colors and text cannot be changed. Which is too bad, as I'd turn this transpanic induced BS into an affirmation like this:
View attachment 50703

I'm genuinely don't see the problem. If they phrased it right, wouldn't it make sense for now to let people know they will be in the restroom with those of the opposite sex until people stop worrying about it, I guess?

Ideally, I'd hope they won't put trans just saying this is a mixed sex restroom (maybe that's better?)

Once adults grow up and get they won't get raped and their child is safe, people using the a restroom, they wouldn't need the sign.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I'm genuinely don't see the problem. If they phrased it right, wouldn't it make sense for now to let people know they will be in the restroom with those of the opposite sex until people stop worrying about it, I guess?

Ideally, I'd hope they won't put trans just saying this is a mixed sex restroom (maybe that's better?)

Once adults grow up and get they won't get raped and their child is safe, people using the a restroom, they wouldn't need the sign.
The article states that the law requires this exact sign with out any changes:
58493_aced2ff15a01fb3bbf051732e341488a_thumb.jpg

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

It opens up people to violence, discrimination, and harassment.
And you want to know what? ITS NONE OF THEIR ****ING BUSINESS!
And it's not opposite sex. Cis people as well get harassed over this **** for not living up the backwards gender stereotypes that such places have.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Remember, this is from the party who believes in a Messiah who told them how they treat the least among them so have they also done unto their Messiah.
I guess they really don't want Jesus peeing with them. It must be that long hair.
Part of me wishes I was super masc presenting so I could enjoy the pettiness of freaking out Republicans in women's bathrooms simply by looking a certain way.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
It kind if does. We are in this same boat together, even those of us here in states that offer us protections. I don't have to worry about it here, but I do tend to leave state from time to time.
And Ohio also has anti-trans legislation coming up for a vote.
No, it really doesn't. It just a sign. It's not going to stop me from using the men's room, if I lived there. When they start trying to take my health insurance away, then I'll be alarmed. The trans legislation proposed in Ohio is over youth sports. That doesn't have anything to do with me, either.

This are distractions from more important issues. Just more wastes of time. The sign thing seems quite silly to me.

ADigitalArtist

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Doesn't effect my life, even if I lived there.
Trans bathroom issues largely don't effect transmen with the sort of stigma transwomen have. Transmen are at worst seen as 'lost lesbians' (their words, not mine) where as transwomen are treated as secret sexual predators that women and little girls should fear.

Try to imagine legislation against you stemming from that source. And not to go all Godwin but imagine a rash of businesses being forced to identify that they service Jewish customers in a place largely antisemitic. You start to see how these are warning signs in more ways than one.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Trans bathroom issues largely don't effect transmen with the sort of stigma transwomen have. Transmen are at worst seen as 'lost lesbians' (their words, not mine) where as transwomen are treated as secret sexual predators that women and little girls should fear.
I know how it's different for the two. I'm just seen as a man, not a woman anything. No one knows unless I tell them and that's how I prefer it. Testosterone did a great job with me.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Bottom line:
Medically transitioning is a medical thing. Meaning that information is sealed up air tight and locked up in a vault per HIPAA. Literally, it is no ones business if someone medically transitions (or undergoes any medical procedure). No one is privileged or entitled to know.
Such things violate what is private and confidential information. Even courts must jump through some very high and very narrow hoops to subpoena even a shred of this information.
No one is entitled to know who is trans and who has had ANY medical procedure done.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
No, it really doesn't. It just a sign. It's not going to stop me from using the men's room, if I lived there. When they start trying to take my health insurance away, then I'll be alarmed. The trans legislation proposed in Ohio is over youth sports. That doesn't have anything to do with me, either.

This are distractions from more important issues. Just more wastes of time. The sign thing seems quite silly to me.
Us being equal under the law amd having our rights enforced is a distraction from important issues?