• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted Cruz compares climate change activists to ‘flat-Earthers.’

Sultan Of Swing

The conservative in me wants to believe Cruz has good intentions with this, but that must be some coincidence that the only people who are going to benefit from denying climate change are big corporations who don't want to be inconvenienced by environmental regulation.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
My Dear American Friends,

You guys shot Lincoln. You shot Martin Luther King, Jr. You shot John Lennon. You shot JFK. And this guy has a shot at the Presidency. John 11:35
Lol. he has no "shot" at the Presidency, thank God. There is no way that someone that out-of-touch would ever be elected nationally. I guess there is a shot he could get the Republican Nomination.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Ted Cruz compares climate change activists to ‘flat-Earthers.’ Where to begin? - The Washington Post

The article does a good job of tearing Cruz apart on every single point he made, as they were clearly meant to be misleading. Take a look!
Ted Cruz is a certified moron. I wouldn't list to anything he says and would safely ignore him except there are people that vote that actually respond to his ignorance. A hilarious thing is that "Flat Earth Society" is, for the most part anyway, a parody group that pokes fun at creationist and other kinds of deniers of obvious scientific facts. Galileo didn't propose a circular Earth but that the earth went around the sun. It was, for the most part, never held as a scientific fact that the earth was flat. The Ancient Greeks and Romans knew far before Christianity even existed. Hell Eratosthenes measured the circumference of the Earth with a fair degree of accuracy for the ancient world.
Eratosthenes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So his claim about the science is ignorant, the claim that they are similar to flat earth-ers, are ignorant, his knowledge of the flat earth society is based in ignorance and he has fallen into the pit of ignorance that the majority of Americans are in that states that the people of the ancient world believed the Earth to be totally flat.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
George W. Bush.
George W. Bush was a moderate Republican ... not even a conservative. If you ask Conservative Republicans now whether they liked George W. Bush, they would tell you how he wasn't "Cruz like enough." Haha.

At least it gives me confidence that we don't have to worry about a Conservative being elected anytime soon. They don't realize that most people in the US see this kind of speech as self-incriminating.

Marisa

My Dear American Friends,

You guys shot Lincoln. You shot Martin Luther King, Jr. You shot John Lennon. You shot JFK. And this guy has a shot at the Presidency. John 11:35
yeah, we pretty much suck.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Is he saying that climate change activists are just as wrong as flat-earthers?
or that flat-earthers are just as right as climate change activists?
o_O

Marisa

I will say that I'm having an insane amount of fun watching some facebook friends of friends who've been previously known to advocate repealing the 14th amendment because ANCHOR BABIES defending Cruz' legitimacy.

But I'm kind of twisted, or so I've been told.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Ted Cruz is a certified moron.
I disagree. From what I read of him, he's much smarter than average...more so than our current prez. But smarts & education don't prevent humans from holding loopy beliefs. (Remember that Obama believes a Jewish zombie is his personal savior.)
The real issue: What are his beliefs about GW & AGW. From the Wa Po piece, it's hard to tell because his language is artful. His very specific claims can be defended, eg, the loopyness of AGW true believers. (We even see some RF posters claiming it will extinctify human life.) He's campaigning, which means he's pandering to those who can win him the Republican nomination. This means he will prevaricate...likely obscuring his real views. Cruz (& all candidates) must be thoroughly grilled by someone expert on the science of GW.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I disagree. From what I read of him, he's much smarter than average...more so than our current prez. But smarts & education don't prevent humans from holding loopy beliefs. (Remember that Obama believes a Jewish zombie is his personal savior.)
The real issue: What are his beliefs about GW & AGW. From the Wa Po piece, it's hard to tell because his language is artful. His very specific claims can be defended, eg, the loopyness of AGW true believers. (We even see some RF posters claiming it will extinctify human life.) He's campaigning, which means he's pandering to those who can win him the Republican nomination. This means he will prevaricate...likely obscuring his real views. Cruz (& all candidates) must be thoroughly grilled by someone expert on the science of GW.
That may be true. Let me re-phrase it. The person that Ted Cruze emulates or the persona that he presents to the public is a certified moron. The person behind the mask is probably very intelligent or else he wouldn't have gotten as far as we have seen. Obama for example is likely very intelligent. There are some people in our government that are not very intelligent at all but its sometimes harder to find them and separate the ones that are actually stupid and the ones who pander to stupid voters.

Marisa

Outside of IQ testing, how do you arrive at the assertion that Cruz is "much smarter" than Obama? And I totally agree that intelligence doesn't predict loopy beliefs.

The real issue: What are his beliefs about GW & AGW. From the Wa Po piece, it's hard to tell because his language is artful. His very specific claims can be defended, eg, the loopyness of AGW true believers. (We even see some RF posters claiming it will extinctify human life.) He's campaigning, which means he's pandering to those who can win him the Republican nomination. This means he will prevaricate...likely obscuring his real views. Cruz (& all candidates) must be thoroughly grilled by someone expert on the science of GW
I fuss at my husband all the time for speaking in (army) acronyms. What's AGW? GW is global warming, right?

leibowde84

Veteran Member
That may be true. Let me re-phrase it. The person that Ted Cruze emulates or the persona that he presents to the public is a certified moron. The person behind the mask is probably very intelligent or else he wouldn't have gotten as far as we have seen. Obama for example is likely very intelligent. There are some people in our government that are not very intelligent at all but its sometimes harder to find them and separate the ones that are actually stupid and the ones who pander to stupid voters.
When you are catering to morons, it's best to be "simple."