• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ted Cruz compares climate change activists to ‘flat-Earthers.’

dust1n

Zindīq
"Net Neutrality" is Obamacare for the Internet; the Internet should not operate at the speed of government.

— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) November 10, 2014

What a genius. A PR mastermind, obviously.

Monk Of Reason

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
If only it were true. I'm thinking more highly intelligent cynical political opportunist game player interested only in power, and willing to do or say pretty much anything to get it. House Of Cards.
Somenoe has already jumped on this. Yeah I changed my answer from Ted Cruz being a certified moron to the persona of Ted Cruz being a certified moron.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
Intelligence, or the lack thereof, is hardly something you can make absolute statements about.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Somenoe has already jumped on this. Yeah I changed my answer from Ted Cruz being a certified moron to the persona of Ted Cruz being a certified moron.

Several others have brought similar points, and I agree with them in that ultimately the fault is mostly on the voters who accept that derangement and reward it with their votes.

All the same, it is still less than clear (to me anyway) that Ted Cruz and others with similarly retarded views are pretending. Besides, I think it is actually counterproductive to assume in them an intelligence that they show no evidence of.

For all we truly know they are what they claim to be. And acknowledging them as the face value goods (even if they are downselling themselves) is actually conductive to putting them on their proper place, I think.

We should not overestimate them. Among other reasons, because by calling a spade a spade and calling a moron a moron we may help in raising awareness of how grave the situation is and how unacceptable it is to have such people speak and take decisions on behalf of actual citizens.

Marisa

All the same, it is still less than clear (to me anyway) that Ted Cruz and others with similarly retarded views are pretending. Besides, I think it is actually counterproductive to assume in them an intelligence that they show no evidence of.

For all we truly know they are what they claim to be. And acknowledging them as the face value goods (even if they are downselling themselves) is actually conductive to putting them on their proper place, I think.

I think it helps them immensely in local elections, but becomes more of a problem in the national playground. In the 2012 GOP presidential primarily, 4 of the 11 candidates claimed god chose them personally to be president, and we see none of them are. With the exception of Huntsman, who seemed not to want to discuss religion or social issues and focus on foreign and domestic policies (he shut down religion and social issues conversations by saying that choice is settled, we should be a truly equal society where LGBTQ are concerned, and taking a Kennedy-esque stance on his mormonism) and he was one of, if not the, first to go from the primary process. Most republicans will claim that it's the "lamestream media" that keeps the rhetoric focused on GOP stances on social issues and god, but that just seems to be because they spend most of their time in an interview backing away from the latest extreme comment they made (like Ben Carson's "being gay is a choice because people who go to jail straight come out gay").

Wirey

Fartist
Ted Cruz is the load his mother should have spat in the toilet (the Canadian toilet!) and poured Draino on.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I think it helps them immensely in local elections, but becomes more of a problem in the national playground. In the 2012 GOP presidential primarily, 4 of the 11 candidates claimed god chose them personally to be president, and we see none of them are. With the exception of Huntsman, who seemed not to want to discuss religion or social issues and focus on foreign and domestic policies (he shut down religion and social issues conversations by saying that choice is settled, we should be a truly equal society where LGBTQ are concerned, and taking a Kennedy-esque stance on his mormonism) and he was one of, if not the, first to go from the primary process. Most republicans will claim that it's the "lamestream media" that keeps the rhetoric focused on GOP stances on social issues and god, but that just seems to be because they spend most of their time in an interview backing away from the latest extreme comment they made (like Ben Carson's "being gay is a choice because people who go to jail straight come out gay").
So it comes down to a choice between attempting not to hurt their feelings or instead being silent accomplices of their choice to enable retarded, destructive, shameful political goals?

I don't particularly doubt it. But it is nonetheless impressive that the GOP is effectively begging to be despised.

Marisa

So it comes down to a choice between attempting not to hurt their feelings or instead being silent accomplices of their choice to enable retarded, destructive, shameful political goals?

I don't particularly doubt it. But it is nonetheless impressive that the GOP is effectively begging to be despised.
The GOP continues to ferhoodle me. I've been voting for 3 decades and I still don't get them.