• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban execute a young woman for wearing 'tight' clothes in Balkh province

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Woman shot dead outside her home 'for wearing tight clothes'
Afghanistan: Taliban executes young woman for wearing 'tight clothes' in northern Balkh region
A young Afghan woman was shot dead by the Taliban for wearing a 'tight' dress and not being accompanied by a male relative.

Adil Shah Adil, a police spokesman in Balkh was quoted as saying that the victim was named Nazanin and that she was 21 years old.The woman was attacked after she left her house and was about to board a vehicle to travel to Balkh's capital Mazar-e Sharif.

The woman was wearing a burqa, a veil that covers the face and body, at the time of the attack, the police said.
Horrible

Good that I don't have the power of Omnipotence, would be difficult not to use it in cases like this

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
At least we aren't dealing with scripture that reads like misogynistic war manuals. :(
We are. That's where they get this **** from. Like the Old Testament where we find the Hebrew army being commanded to kill them all (even the cattle) and take women as sex slaves because they are a part of the booty.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I feel like I’m going to puke.

Do you really, really believe this article?

The typical stuff. A girl is shot for wearing a tight dress? Do you really think those mothers near Uzbekistan will let their daughter go out wearing a "tight dress"? Alone? With no male guardian? Lol.

When ever you read an article, question if its a good piece of journalism. When ever an article says "it has been reported", find out "who reported it", are they on ground? There are two sister news websites who are doing this hand in glove, and they cut and paste each others news items. No proper news item would be a cut and paste. But this is.

First it says a woman was shot dead for wearing a tight dress, then it says she was wearing a Burqa. Lol. This is hilarious. This is an area close to the Uzbek border, and if it was controlled by the Taliban, how is a spokesperson for the police in Balkh speaking about this to an "Indian Website"? Who reported this? "THE MAIL". Who in the world is "The Mail"?

This is not a valid piece of journalism. This is an Indian propaganda piece to attack Pakistan which is their enemy accused of supporting all kinds of extremism. This was written some two weeks ago. And they are saying Afghan families are sending their girl children to Kabul to save them from the Taliban who are taking girls as war booty. Utter nonsense. Every tom, dick and harry worth his salt knows that the families want Taliban to rule and for them to get back to their old state.

Sorry sis. These kind of bogus pieces are utterly ridiculous. What ever the Taliban is, being brutal, extreme, etc etc, and how ever much we hate them and will never want to even live close by, we must always seek proper channels. We must never read anything that's floating around like this nonsense and gulp it down. Lol. Naznin and Adil Shah Adil. This same name was used in 2019 October for another news report in the same place, Balkh. If there was a police spokesman in this area two years ago, lol, they are no more anywhere close. So to use the same name again just to put some name there to make it sound nice is such pathetic work. No one who has an integrity and knows some journalism would give two seconds to this piece.

Sharing this kind of thing is very normal. People are naive. Don't fall for it. Many bad things may happen, but we should try to be a little above this.

Cheers.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
We are. That's where they get this **** from. Like the Old Testament where we find the Hebrew army being commanded to kill them all (even the cattle) and take women as sex slaves because they are a part of the booty.

We're in agreement - i was being sarcastic. sorry for any confusion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sharing this kind of thing is very normal. People are naive. Don't fall for it. Many bad things may happen, but we should try to be a little above this.
Or we don't make excuses to try to deny the Taliban does what the Taliban has a solid record of doing.
You actually think they try to get the facts straight and consistent before they abuse and murder women? They'll charge a woman with her own rape and kill her unless she has men willing to testify in court on her behalf (because women are so far beneath women according to these vermin that their court testimony doesn't even count as a full person).

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

The typical stuff. A girl is shot for wearing a tight dress? Do you really think those mothers near Uzbekistan will let their daughter go out wearing a "tight dress"? Alone? With no male guardian? Lol.

When ever you read an article, question if its a good piece of journalism. When ever an article says "it has been reported", find out "who reported it", are they on ground? There are two sister news websites who are doing this hand in glove, and they cut and paste each others news items. No proper news item would be a cut and paste. But this is.

First it says a woman was shot dead for wearing a tight dress, then it says she was wearing a Burqa. Lol. This is hilarious. This is an area close to the Uzbek border, and if it was controlled by the Taliban, how is a spokesperson for the police in Balkh speaking about this to an "Indian Website"? Who reported this? "THE MAIL". Who in the world is "The Mail"?

This is not a valid piece of journalism. This is an Indian propaganda piece to attack Pakistan which is their enemy accused of supporting all kinds of extremism. This was written some two weeks ago. And they are saying Afghan families are sending their girl children to Kabul to save them from the Taliban who are taking girls as war booty. Utter nonsense. Every tom, dick and harry worth his salt knows that the families want Taliban to rule and for them to get back to their old state.

Sorry sis. These kind of bogus pieces are utterly ridiculous. What ever the Taliban is, being brutal, extreme, etc etc, and how ever much we hate them and will never want to even live close by, we must always seek proper channels. We must never read anything that's floating around like this nonsense and gulp it down. Lol. Naznin and Adil Shah Adil. This same name was used in 2019 October for another news report in the same place, Balkh. If there was a police spokesman in this area two years ago, lol, they are no more anywhere close. So to use the same name again just to put some name there to make it sound nice is such pathetic work. No one who has an integrity and knows some journalism would give two seconds to this piece.

Cheers.

I don’t disagree with you, I wasn’t even necessarily believing the article (which I stomached to read only long enough to see its unprofessional quality).

I am more reacting to the reality that this sort of brutality will happen, and more subtle brutality. It makes me very distressed. I didn’t have the spoons last night to type out whether I thought the article is true or not. Situation still makes my stomach literally feel hollow.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Or we don't make excuses to try to deny the Taliban does what the Taliban has a solid record of doing.

Who is this "we"? See, trying to say that anyone who looks at some piece and thinks its absolutely bogus is just making excuses is you making excuses to worshiping bogus information. Its a cheap trick.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I don’t disagree with you, I wasn’t even necessarily believing the article (which I stomached to read only long enough to see its unprofessional quality).

I am more reacting to the reality that this sort of brutality will happen, and more subtle brutality. It makes me very distressed. I didn’t have the spoons last night to type out whether I thought the article is true or not. Situation still makes my stomach literally feel hollow.

That I do accept.

Shakeel

First it says a woman was shot dead for wearing a tight dress, then it says she was wearing a Burqa.
There is a picture in one of the articles where there is a woman wearing a burqa and yet it is too tight around her legs. One might question whether it's a burqa at all, but it looks like one.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
The Taliban were not in power when this murder happened.
The Police were still in control of that district.
Well if that’s the case, I’m willing to change my mind. Still deplorable either way.
I fear what will happen now that the Taliban does have control, if I’m not mistaken.

Last edited:

ajay0

Exactly! The Afghan Police were still in power at the time of this incident!
Do you think that they still are?

You see?
The Taliban were not in power when this murder happened.
The Police were still in control of that district.

When even the Afghan national army collapsed before the Taliban swiftly, do you think the Afghan police would stand up before them ! In fact, there are videos of the Afghan police hugging the taliban docilely as they arrived.

The Afghan police saw the incident and reported it, though they were unable to protect the woman.

ajay0

Also to @ajay0 and @Ken S

I'm as horrified by any and all extreme Islamic terrorists as you folks, but the radio station ... Radio Azadi .....that reported this incident is owned by and funded by ....... the USA. I'm just cautious about reports at this time because the Taliban have walked in to their own country.... just walked.

Almost everything over there is funded by the west and UN due to a very poor economy.

Even prior to the 2001 invasion by the US-NATO forces, there were reports of Taliban violence and excesses against Afghan women on the background of medieval traditions and culture.

The US-NATO forces came there to get Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, and not without any noble motive to help the people over there.

This is actually something the UN should get involved with.

ajay0

I have seen many muslim women wearing tight dress while at the same time wearing a burkha and veil as the reported woman did, even in Arab nations as well. I have seen muslim Arab women driving cars as well alone without male guardians in arab countries though this is forbidden in Saudi Arabia. (Even in Saudi Arabia the ban on women driving has been lifted on 2018. Hope literate taliban dudes can read this)

Women had enjoyed a period of liberality and security under the US-NATO occupation and this could be a reason why they opted to wear such clothes other than the total loose burkha. Also the woman in question seems to be fleeing the coming Taliban forces to get to a safe zone area, and this could be the reason why she have been alone at the time.

First it says a woman was shot dead for wearing a tight dress, then it says she was wearing a Burqa. Lol. This is hilarious. This is an area close to the Uzbek border, and if it was controlled by the Taliban, how is a spokesperson for the police in Balkh speaking about this to an "Indian Website"?

I have given other links of other countries as well (Australia-Yahoo) and not just that of India.

Here is a French journalist report of the same with images.

'The Taliban will hunt us down': Couple stuck in Herat as city falls to Taliban

This is not a valid piece of journalism. This is an Indian propagnda piece to attack Pakistan which is their enemy accused of supporting all kinds of extremism.

I have shown news links from France and Australia on the same.

There is a difference between propaganda and facts, and one should not be placed on the other for ulterior motives.

India has invested over two billion dollars in humanitarian aid in Afghanistan building hospitals and dams for the people. Even the hospitals had been subjected to attacks by the taliban mercilessly.

The primitive mindset of the Taliban and like fundamentalist forces in both Afghanistan and Pakistan sponsored by Wahabbism have targetted the minority muslim sects like Shias, Ahmediyas, Sufis , Hazaras and so on in these countries which differs from their extremist ideology resulting in the deaths of thousands of innocent muslims.

Even Shias in Iran have been targetted by fundamentalist Sunni groups just because of difference in religious philosophy and ideology.

Iran suicide bombing 'kills 27 Revolutionary Guards'

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Well if that’s the case, I’m willing to change my mind. Still deplorable either way.
I fear what will happen now that the Taliban does have control, if I’m not mistaken.
Agreed. But the Taliban is the Government this morning, today.
It's down to the Mullahs now, how they want their country to be seen by the World.

The UK Government is now talking about bringing back as many 'at risk' westernised Afghans as possible, but at this late date we've been caught completely off guard....literally.

The US needs to bring back as many as it can as well.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
Agreed. But the Taliban is the Government this morning, today.
It's down to the Mullahs now, how they want their country to be seen by the World.

The UK Government is now talking about bringing back as many 'at risk' westernised Afghans as possible, but at this late date we've been caught completely off guard....literally.

Yeah I think we’re trying to rescue some but it’s way too “short notice.” Legit the PM has apologised for it already

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
When even the Afghan national army collapsed before the Taliban swiftly, do you think the Afghan police would stand up before them ! In fact, there are videos of the Afghan police hugging the taliban docilely as they arrived.

The Afghan police saw the incident and reported it, though they were unable to protect the woman.

I'm very sad to see and hear the news, ajay0.
The Afghan Police won't be making reports like that now, I'm afraid.

Your point about Afghan Police and most Afghans welcoming the Taliban is not lost on readers..... that's how they just walked across Afghanistan.... a walk-over.

We'll have to see how things turn out. The Mullahs may have different ideas by now...who knows?
Afghanistan is now one of several countries where the law is mostly 'Sharia', but we haven't been hearing about the others for a while now.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yeah I think we’re trying to rescue some but it’s way too “short notice.” Legit the PM has apologised for it already
We all look totally inept, I'm sad to say.
We all read the Afghan population completely wrong....what do you think? They absolutely welcomed the invasion, and the thousands that are fleeing are just the % that had (mostly) been involved with western powers.

ajay0

Yes, I think this is the first priority, as many of these people along with families would be targetted and hunted by the Taliban first on account of their cooperation with US-NATO forces.

It would be highly unethical and immoral to abandon these people who had trusted the US-NATO forces and worked with them. And also those who were progressive forces in Afghan society, especially women activists like nobel prize winner Malala Yousafzai and female journalists like Rada Akbar, Sahraa Karimi, Shamsia Hassani and so on.

Incompetent intelligence assements by the US-NATO forces had estimated that Kabul would not come under pressure from insurgents for a month after the withdrawal of US forces, but the taliban leadership is sitting comfortably in the presidential palace now. This has prevented most people from leaving Taliban controlled Afghanistan for safer shores in a timely manner with proper travel arrangements.

firedragon

Veteran Member
I have seen many muslim women wearing tight dress while at the same time wearing a burkha and veil as the reported woman did, even in Arab nations as well. I have seen muslim Arab women driving cars as well alone without male guardians in arab countries though this is forbidden in Saudi Arabia. (Even in Saudi Arabia the ban on women driving has been lifted on 2018. Hope literate taliban dudes can read this)

Women had enjoyed a period of liberality and security under the US-NATO occupation and this could be a reason why they opted to wear such clothes other than the total loose burkha. Also the woman in question seems to be fleeing the coming Taliban forces to get to a safe zone area, and this could be the reason why she have been alone at the time.

Show me a picture or two from Afghanistan.

I have shown news links from France and Australia on the same.

There is a difference between propaganda and facts, and one should not be placed on the other for ulterior motives.

India has invested over two billion dollars in humanitarian aid in Afghanistan building hospitals and dams for the people. Even the hospitals had been subjected to attacks by the taliban mercilessly.

The primitive mindset of the Taliban and like fundamentalist forces in both Afghanistan and Pakistan sponsored by Wahabbism have targetted the minority muslim sects like Shias, Ahmediyas, Sufis , Hazaras and so on in these countries which differs from their extremist ideology resulting in the deaths of thousands of innocent muslims.

Even Shias in Iran have been targetted by fundamentalist Sunni groups just because of difference in religious philosophy and ideology.

Iran suicide bombing 'kills 27 Revolutionary Guards'

This article has no bearing. Its useless, unless one is looking for something they like. Other things about everything else is irrelevant.

firedragon

Veteran Member
tight dress while at the same time wearing a burkha

I didnt really want to respond to this statement because its an oxymoron. But maybe you dont know what a Burqa is. Your statement is like saying "I was wearing jeans at the same time I also wore a sarong". Unless of course the sarong was outside the jeans.

Find good sources to read. Not anything that pleases your eyes.

Anyway, who is this Adhil shah adhil? what is he doing near the border in the beginning of August 2021?

This is a bogus article. Journalism or good journalism doesnt work this way. If in this day and age with all the technology and education we are going to some era even someone form the 50's would recognise as naive and blind, there is nothing much to say.

Some Taliban people will do some bad things and you will probably get some good information from good sources backed up by on ground sources. Wait till then.