• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban execute a young woman for wearing 'tight' clothes in Balkh province

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Oh no we were not. You brought up gays, didn't you?

Yes, we are discussing the Taliban.

No it is not. And you've just asked for 6 months! :p

See previous post. It's not going to take 6 months.
Their evil ways are already starting to show.

What exactly is OK?
Is China OK?
Russia?
Where you live?

Don't you remember how Israel was founded by previous terrorists? Brit soldiers who were there remember.

North American Indians could probably tell you about terrorism.

So, because there are evil regimes in the world, why care about one more exceptionally evil one? Is that what you are saying?

They should get a pass because "hey, they do it too"?
BTW: I'll take china or russia over taliban ruled afghanistan any day of the week.
If you think these countries are in any form comparable to the taliban, you are one delusional dude.

Now just copy/ post my words which suggest optimism about Afghanistan. All I know is that the Mullahs now rule Afghanistan and we must wait to discover how things will turn out.

We already know how things will turn out.
So do the Afghan people. Which is why thousands upon thousands are desperately trying to leave the country.

They are so desperate that they are even strapping themselves to the wings of evacuation airplanes and dying in the process.

You know what will happen?
You'd better get in touch with your government.... They need your brains!

Governments know what will happen also. Which is why countries the world over are currently in full crisis mode trying to evacuate as many people as they can.

upload_2021-8-19_10-40-39.png

Don't pretend to know what I think.
But I do think that you don't have the first clue about them. :)

Have you been living under a rock for the past 25 years?

No you don't.
You wanted 6 months. . Remember?

Unfortunately, it looks like we're not even going to need 6 months.
Read / watch the news concerning what is currently happening.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
For an pasifist it is always other choices
I am a pacifist.

But that doesn't change anything.
If I were alive during WW2 and the Nazi's were invading my country, I'ld have no qualms at all about taking up arms and help win the war.

Being a pacifist doesn't mean that I'll bend over and take it up the bum, no questions asked.
I'll try everything I can to prevent fighting. But when left with no other choice, why shouldn't I take up arms?

It's do or die at that point.
When faced with that choice, I'll always go for "do", or die trying.

Even though I'm certain it would haunt me for the rest of my life.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I am a pacifist.

But that doesn't change anything.
If I were alive during WW2 and the Nazi's were invading my country, I'ld have no qualms at all about taking up arms and help win the war.

Being a pacifist doesn't mean that I'll bend over and take it up the bum, no questions asked.
I'll try everything I can to prevent fighting. But when left with no other choice, why shouldn't I take up arms?

It's do or die at that point.
When faced with that choice, I'll always go for "do", or die trying.

Even though I'm certain it would haunt me for the rest of my life.
You have your view and understanding:)
For me I refuse to use weapons even if I lose my life

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
No.

And, unsurprisingly, it looks like we're not going to have to wait 6 months.
They are already starting to show their ugly faces.

Taliban attack women and children with whips as they desperately try to reach Kabul airport (inews.co.uk)

I'll wait 6 months if you don't mind.

Scores of thousands are trying to get on to Kabul Airport. People will be trampled in such situations.
US troops are firing guns in attempts to deter the invasion, or NOBODY will be able to get out. You have seen the people running under the undercarriages of huge US aircraft attempting to take off. You have seen bodies dropping out of the undercarriages as well.
It's mayhem.
It could be reported that if US troops use batons or fire rifles it's a deterrent. It could also be reported that if the Taliban use whips or fire rifles they are murdering the people.
In all this hysteria I will wait 6 months.

US forces fire crowd control measures at Kabul airport - The ...
https://www.jpost.com › Middle East

US troops sent to assist with the evacuation of personnel in Afghanistan fired shots at Hamid Karzai International Airport.

Mayhem At Kabul Airport Causing American Troops To Fire ...
https://www.thedrive.com › The War Zone

Mayhem At Kabul Airport Causing American Troops To Fire Warning Shots To Push Back Crowds (Updated) · Large groups of Afghan civilians have ...

US troops fire in air to scatter Afghan civilians at Kabul airport
https://www.reuters.com › world › asia-pacific › us-troops...

KABUL, Aug 16 (Reuters) - U.S. forces fired in the air at Kabul's airport on Monday to prevent hundreds of civilians running onto the tarmac ...

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Scores of thousands are trying to get on to Kabul Airport. People will be trampled in such situations.

The report doesn't speak about people being trampled.
It speaks about people being whipped, beaten and shot.

US troops are firing guns in attempts to deter the invasion, or NOBODY will be able to get out.

They are firing in the air and delivering warning shots.
The link I gave you talks about Taliban outside of the airport firing AT people. And beating them with whips and sticks. Including women and children.

upload_2021-8-19_11-20-59.png

You have seen the people running under the undercarriages of huge US aircraft attempting to take off. You have seen bodies dropping out of the undercarriages as well.

Yep. Now, let's ask the obvious question: why are they doing that?
Could it perhaps have something to do with them realizing what's next for the country under Taliban rule?

It's mayhem.
It could be reported that if US troops use batons or fire rifles it's a deterrent. It could also be reported that if the Taliban use whips or fire rifles they are murdering the people.

Dude.................................

Your very own links talk about firing in the air and warning shots.

Meanwhile, outside the airport, the Taliban are killing and maiming people.

In all this hysteria I will wait 6 months.

To do what?

And why would there be "hysteria" and "mayhem" if the Taliban aren't all bad, like you seem to be claiming? Why are so many people so desperate that they are willing to risk their lives to get the heck out of there? Why is a new humanitarian refugee crisis unfolding?

Is it because the Taliban are such nice peaceful people? :rolleyes:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
This is not the first time I've felt physically sick reading about what's happening in Afghanistan
It's hell unleashed, MM.

Same as when Japanese invaded China in the late 30's
Same as when Japanese took Singapore in 41
Same as Poland, Netherlands and France in 1940.
Or Saigon after Vietnam.
Or Cambodia after Vietnam.
Or so many other situations where so many people have been terrified and running.

I think it was our fault, the West's fault. We butted in, lost many of our own and then decided it was all too expensive. I'm very saddened.... hate theocracies, any theocracies, but the world is full of them, still.

Saddened.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
The report doesn't speak about people being trampled.
It speaks about people being whipped, beaten and shot.

They are firing in the air and delivering warning shots.
The link I gave you talks about Taliban outside of the airport firing AT people. And beating them with whips and sticks. Including women and children.

Yep. Now, let's ask the obvious question: why are they doing that?
Could it perhaps have something to do with them realizing what's next for the country under Taliban rule?

Dude.................................

Your very own links talk about firing in the air and warning shots.

Meanwhile, outside the airport, the Taliban are killing and maiming people.

To do what?

And why would there be "hysteria" and "mayhem" if the Taliban aren't all bad, like you seem to be claiming? Why are so many people so desperate that they are willing to risk their lives to get the heck out of there? Why is a new humanitarian refugee crisis unfolding?

Is it because the Taliban are such nice peaceful people? :rolleyes:

6 months.

ajay0

The Taliban has now been accused of killing a pregnant female police officer, Negar Masumi, at her home.The targeted killing of government employees, especially women who worked for the Afghan security forces, is on the rise.

Afghanistan: Taliban accused of killing pregnant police officer

‘Tomorrow they will kill me’: Afghan female police officers live in fear of Taliban reprisals

In the past three months, at least four female police officers part from Negar Masumi have been killed in Kandahar, Kapisa and Ghazni provinces. In August, after Ghazni province fell, two female police officers were abducted from Ghazni city and murdered by the Taliban, according to local media.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is not the first time I've felt physically sick reading about what's happening in Afghanistan
Sadly it will probably not be the last time either.

Sadly we found that we can't change that country through force, and I have doubts that economic sanctions will work either. How do we rid the world of this evil? Perhaps it is time for Muslims around the world to put their money where their mouths are. It is time for them to show that Islam is the religion of peace.

I doubt if that will ever happen either since I do not believe that Islam is the religion of peace.

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
Sadly it will probably not be the last time either.

Sadly we found that we can't change that country through force, and I have doubts that economic sanctions will work either. How do we rid the world of this evil? Perhaps it is time for Muslims around the world to put their money where their mouths are. It is time for them to show that Islam is the religion of peace.

I doubt if that will ever happen either since I do not believe that Islam is the religion of peace.

I don't pretend to be a politician, historian, anything of the sort: but I have wondered in the armchair sense "why did the Marshall Plan work in the sense of nationbuilding while these other US efforts haven't?"

I mean it seems to me like it might have worked because it wasn't half-assed, and because nation-building/restoring was the actual goal. These other US adventures are totally half-assed, more about access to resources and other political games, etc.

Would things in Afghanistan look different if 20 years was spent actually building infrastructure, schools, hospitals, educating children, interconnecting towns, villages, cities, spending the money to bring internet and modernization to remote corners? Trained engineers and people that could continue to improve infrastructure and way of life? I mean we blew trillions over there anyway, what if it was actually used in constructive ways?

Maybe the Taliban would not be so well received. I can't possibly know though. I'm probably being naive, but why did the Marshall Plan work? Japan was incredibly fanatical beforehand.

Edit: On a hunch I suspected the Marshall Plan didn't involve Japan and I guess it didn't. So whatever we want to call the occupation and restructuring in Japan in the 40's.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't pretend to be a politician, historian, anything of the sort: but I have wondered in the armchair sense "why did the Marshall Plan work in the sense of nationbuilding while these other US efforts haven't?"

I mean it seems to me like it might have worked because it wasn't half-assed, and because nation-building/restoring was the actual goal. These other US adventures are totally half-assed, more about access to resources and other political games, etc.

Would things in Afghanistan look different if 20 years was spent actually building infrastructure, schools, hospitals, educating children, interconnecting towns, villages, cities, spending the money to bring internet and modernization to remote corners? Trained engineers and people that could continue to improve infrastructure and way of life? I mean we blew trillions over there anyway, what if it was actually used in constructive ways?

Maybe the Taliban would not be so well received. I can't possibly know though. I'm probably being naive, but why did the Marshall Plan work? Japan was incredibly fanatical beforehand.
There was a clear surrender and cessation of hostilities before the Marshall plan began. That never happened in Afghanistan. It was very expensive in the way of lives for Germany and Japan. I don't know how hard we hit the Taliban. Perhaps since this was not an all out war was why it did not end the way that our military wanted it to.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
There was a clear surrender and cessation of hostilities before the Marshall plan began. That never happened in Afghanistan. It was very expensive in the way of lives for Germany and Japan. I don't know how hard we hit the Taliban. Perhaps since this was not an all out war was why it did not end the way that our military wanted it to.
As I've oft said, the way to fix a country like Afghanistan
would be to abandon our values-limited approach.
Quickly & brutally crush the opposition...exterminate them.
This would mean massive "co-lateral damage" (ie, innocents
killed), but it would have a chance of success because we'd
leave only the portion of the population that believe & would
behave as we want.
Our half-**** kinder gentler mode of killing people & flooding
the elites with taxpayer money makes voters happy, but will
never actually work.

Note:
I don't advocate doing that.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
As I've oft said, the way to fix a country like Afghanistan
would be to abandon our values-limited approach.
Quickly & brutally crush the opposition...exterminate
them. This would mean massive "co-lateral damage"
(ie, innocents killed), but it would have a chance of
success because we'd leave only the portion of the
population that would behave as we want.

Note:
I don't advocate doing that.
Neither did I. It is not just an economic cost to do that, but a moral one as well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Neither did I. It is not just an economic cost to do that, but a moral one as well.
I say it would be cheaper to blitzkrieg the Taliban
because of the shorter schedule. And morally, it
could be superior for 2 reasons....
- Faster defeat of the Taliban would mean less overall death.
- Success would mean a secular government instead of the Taliban.

But we don't do things that way. To face 100,000 enemy & civilian
deaths in a month would be unacceptable. But to face 200,000
of those deaths over 2 decades is more palatable.
(Note: Figures are hypothetical.)

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
No matter what is done the Taliban cannot be defeated without Pakistan,it suits Pakistan to have the Taliban ruling Afghanistan although this may backfire as Pakistan have their own Taliban the TTP Tehrik-I-Pakistan so unless you could stop the Taliban being supplied and supported by Pakistan and close that border the Taliban will always have an escape route.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
No matter what is done the Taliban cannot be defeated without Pakistan,it suits Pakistan to have the Taliban ruling Afghanistan although this may backfire as Pakistan have their own Taliban the TTP Tehrik-I-Pakistan so unless you could stop the Taliban being supplied and supported by Pakistan and close that border the Taliban will always have an escape route.

The other issue of course is Afghanistan is home to 20 million Pashtuns,there are 30 million ish Pashtuns in Pakistan,the Taliban are mostly…..