• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban execute a young woman for wearing 'tight' clothes in Balkh province

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
We're not talking about Iran or Indonesia. We are talking about the Taliban.
Oh no we were not. You brought up gays, didn't you?

this is like saying that if the Nazi's would have reclaimed Germany 20 years after their defeat "let's wait and see how Germany will be under their control".
No it is not. And you've just asked for 6 months! :p

Do you honestly think it would turn out to be ok?
What exactly is OK?
Is China OK?
Russia?
Where you live?

Don't you remember how Israel was founded by previous terrorists? Brit soldiers who were there remember.

North American Indians could probably tell you about terrorism.

Well to be fair, they weren't defeated. They were just outlasted. Big difference.
What.... Like Dunkirk? Or Saigon?
If you say so.

Having said that, this isn't about choices. It's about what we can expect to happen there now.
You are delusionally optimistic.
Now just copy/ post my words which suggest optimism about Afghanistan. All I know is that the Mullahs now rule Afghanistan and we must wait to discover how things will turn out.

We know what will happen.
Sure, they might be a bit smarter now in terms of "let's not allow jihadist groups to operate and plan attacks on the west from our territory anymore", realizing what it will result in. Or at least at first.
You know what will happen?
You'd better get in touch with your government.... They need your brains!

But if you honestly think Afghanistan is suddenly going to become a nice place to live, without all the barbaric nonsense we can expect from these medieval pricks and without brutal trampling of basic human rights etc, .... Be serious please.
Don't pretend to know what I think.
But I do think that you don't have the first clue about them. :)

We know these guys. We know what they are all about.

And it will not be pretty.
No you don't.

You wanted 6 months. . Remember?

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
Everybody seems to know what the Taliban are, what they will do, how they will think.
But nobody had the first clue about what they would or could do a fortnight ago.

I think I'll wait to hear how the Mullahs of Afghanistan decide to rule.
In a week or so, Kabul will certainly be a safer place to go than many Western cities.....for sure.
But a lot less free - so fine if you like religious dictatorships. :oops:

Clara Tea

Oh no we were not. You brought up gays, didn't you?

No it is not. And you've just asked for 6 months! :p

What exactly is OK?
Is China OK?
Russia?
Where you live?

Don't you remember how Israel was founded by previous terrorists? Brit soldiers who were there remember.

North American Indians could probably tell you about terrorism.

What.... Like Dunkirk? Or Saigon?
If you say so.

Now just copy/ post my words which suggest optimism about Afghanistan. All I know is that the Mullahs now rule Afghanistan and we must wait to discover how things will turn out.

You know what will happen?
You'd better get in touch with your government.... They need your brains!

Don't pretend to know what I think.
But I do think that you don't have the first clue about them. :)

No you don't.

You wanted 6 months. . Remember?
If we can't discuss any group but the Taliban, does that mean we are Talibanned?

Clara Tea

Woman shot dead outside her home 'for wearing tight clothes'

Afghanistan: Taliban executes young woman for wearing 'tight clothes' in northern Balkh region

A young Afghan woman was shot dead by the Taliban for wearing a 'tight' dress and not being accompanied by a male relative.

Adil Shah Adil, a police spokesman in Balkh was quoted as saying that the victim was named Nazanin and that she was 21 years old.The woman was attacked after she left her house and was about to board a vehicle to travel to Balkh's capital Mazar-e Sharif.

The woman was wearing a burqa, a veil that covers the face and body, at the time of the attack, the police said.
As Young as 12: Taliban Forces 'Marry' Girls Forcibly | Al Bawaba

The website, above, says that 12 year old girls are now forced by the Taliban to marry (including sex).

Does America have the right to police the world? Wars are expensive. They have had their culture for thousands of years. Eventually, married couples learn to love (or tolerate) their spouses.

Should the daughters of Americans be allowed to choose their own mates? Perhaps some hippy whose talent lies in getting high on crystal meth? A man with no job, no future, who constantly gets himself and others in trouble with the law?

Arranged marriages unite clans and attempt to assure prosperity. They are arranged by older folks, who have seen marriages fail.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
What Officials told this newspaper?
What has this to do with the murder?

The Taliban were not in power when this murder happened.
The Police were still in control of that district.

In control? What bonafide source to you take? As one person said, "It does fit the status quo of the Taliban and the Taliban isn't under the control of police. For that matter, the police may not care. In the absence of the presence of what was authority, the vacuum creates all sorts of situations.

Remember, nobody believe the Holocaust was happening either.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
In control? What bonafide source to you take? As one person said, "It does fit the status quo of the Taliban and the Taliban isn't under the control of police. For that matter, the police may not care. In the absence of the presence of what was authority, the vacuum creates all sorts of situations.

Remember, nobody believe the Holocaust was happening either.
Have you heard about the Afghan government's press release?

firedragon

Veteran Member
As Young as 12: Taliban Forces 'Marry' Girls Forcibly | Al Bawaba

The website, above, says that 12 year old girls are now forced by the Taliban to marry (including sex).

Does America have the right to police the world? Wars are expensive. They have had their culture for thousands of years. Eventually, married couples learn to love (or tolerate) their spouses.

Should the daughters of Americans be allowed to choose their own mates? Perhaps some hippy whose talent lies in getting high on crystal meth? A man with no job, no future, who constantly gets himself and others in trouble with the law?

Arranged marriages unite clans and attempt to assure prosperity. They are arranged by older folks, who have seen marriages fail.

I think you love bogus articles. Hating Taliban is an absolutely different thing, hating Muslims and Islam and anything to do with the theology is another, separate thing, but cutting and pasting links to some cheap, bogus article is showing the intellectual dishonesty or/and the absolute love of anything that supports your hating.

If you find something juicy, that must be true. Is that the method you employ?

Tell me something. Do you believe the Mujahiddeen are a different group to the Taliban? Just follow through if you have any sense on this matter at all. Just to see if there's any authenticity.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Taliban...the Afghan police...the populace.....
Does it matter which of them is behind it?
The murder speaks volumes about the culture there.
We couldn't fix it.
We can't fix it.
We shouldn't try to fix it.
There will be evil in the world that cannot be stopped.

ajay0

Here are news reports from British, American and Australian journalists covering the same subject.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Taliban 'execute woman, 21, for wearing 'TIGHT CLOTHES' as she fled terror group

https://newsbinding.com/uk-news/taliban-maraud-the-streets-of-kabul-hunting-girls-as-young-as-12/

There have been reports of women-centric shops with notices pasted on them warning them not to enter or they would ‘face the consequences’. Taliban fighters reportedly shot dead a woman wearing ‘tight clothes’ and in some areas women cannot leave home without a male chaperone.

I hope this, aside from the Indian and French news reports, will help dissolve doubts on the credibility of the news report.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Here are news reports from British, American and Australian journalists covering the same subject.

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Taliban 'execute woman, 21, for wearing 'TIGHT CLOTHES' as she fled terror group

https://newsbinding.com/uk-news/taliban-maraud-the-streets-of-kabul-hunting-girls-as-young-as-12/

I hope this, aside from the Indian and French news reports, will help dissolve doubts on the credibility of the news report.

There have been reports.......
Claims have been made......
Allegations about........

Hmmmm.......

Feeding off hysterical and propaganda stuff is not helping, in my opinion.

I'm interested to hear about what is really happening in Afghanistan.

ajay0

Afghan TV anchor Mina Khairi killed in car bomb attack - Committee to Protect Journalists

Gunmen shoot dead former news anchor in Afghanistan's Kandahar

3 women TV anchors shot dead in eastern Afghanistan - La Prensa Latina Media

Afghanistan violence: Journalist Malala Maiwand shot dead along with her driver

These are around four or more female TV Afghan anchors and journalists, Mursal Habibi, Mina Khairi, Nimat Rawan, Malala Maiwand, who were killed even prior to the Taliban takeover in the last few months.

My respects to these inspiring brave women.

It appears that things were boiling hard even before the NATO-US forces left.

firedragon

Veteran Member
Afghan TV anchor Mina Khairi killed in car bomb attack - Committee to Protect Journalists

Gunmen shoot dead former news anchor in Afghanistan's Kandahar

3 women TV anchors shot dead in eastern Afghanistan - La Prensa Latina Media

Afghanistan violence: Journalist Malala Maiwand shot dead along with her driver

These are around four or more female TV Afghan anchors and journalists, Mursal Habibi, Mina Khairi, Nimat Rawan, Malala Maiwand, who were killed even prior to the Taliban takeover in the last few months.

My respects to these inspiring brave women.

It appears that things were boiling hard even before the NATO-US forces left.

Hmm. Let me point out something to you.

Read that BBC article you had shared. Do you see the difference in legitimacy in the way it is written? Look at the specific details, where, when, who, which origin, mothers details, direct quotes from the victim herself, authentic condemnation, disclaimers, direct information on organisations, writing style, no repeated names that obscure, no cut and pastes. You could easily spot that is a proper journalistic piece.

Thats the type of information you should read and consider.

Just saying. ;)

ajay0

Hmm. Let me point out something to you.

Read that BBC article you had shared. Do you see the difference in legitimacy in the way it is written? Look at the specific details, where, when, who, which origin, mothers details, direct quotes from the victim herself, authentic condemnation, disclaimers, direct information on organisations, writing style, no repeated names that obscure, no cut and pastes. You could easily spot that is a proper journalistic piece.

Thats the type of information you should read and consider.

Just saying. ;)

Hey, thanks for the information, pal. :)

The BBC has indeed slipped on standards in the last few years. :facepalm:

Why don't you showcase some cool Iranian journalistic articles on similar themes to illustrate the points you have described above !

You can show Iranian news articles that would shed some knowledge on the 'One Million Signatures' , an initiative by Iranian women in support of changing discriminatory laws in Iran.

Also about Iranian journalist and activist Parvin Ardalan who was arrested and sentenced to prison along with other women activists while campaigning for women's rights as she was perceived as a threat to national security. She received the Olof Palme Prize in 2007.

Hopefully, other world news agencies could learn from these Iranian case studies of journalism free from bias and propaganda and renowned world-wide for their transparency, objectivity and detailed information, and thereby raise their standards. :thumbsup:

firedragon

Veteran Member
Hey, thanks for the information, pal. :)

The BBC has indeed slipped on standards in the last few years. :facepalm:

Why don't you showcase some cool Iranian journalistic articles on similar themes to illustrate the points you have described above !

You can show Iranian news articles that would shed some knowledge on the 'One Million Signatures' , an initiative by Iranian women in support of changing discriminatory laws in Iran.

Also about Iranian journalist and activist Parvin Ardalan who was arrested and sentenced to prison along with other women activists while campaigning for women's rights as she was perceived as a threat to national security. She received the Olof Palme Prize in 2007.

Hopefully, other world news agencies could learn from these Iranian case studies of journalism free from bias and propaganda and renowned world-wide for their transparency, objectivity and detailed information, and thereby raise their standards. :thumbsup:

I dont know how Iranian pieces are relevant to this. BBC may have slipped up, but this particular article is written well, and as per the simple observations I already gave you, at least the article is seemingly valid with valid information. That is all I am saying.

It is indeed a tragedy where people are very much in a hurry to call people "terrorist sympathisers" when someone simply points out flaws in the sources they are gathering their information from. Even when someone speaks about rape and shows that it is a psychological problem and even the parents, the government, the medical system, the investigation system, the analysis and some of our plain nativity is causing this problem, some people are very quick to jump into conclusions and say something as dumb as "are you saying rapists shouldn't be persecuted"?

I was only showing you the flaws in the previous article you shared and the validity of this particular article you shared just to show you there is a big difference between the two. That does not mean the Taliban is the angels of the world. They still remain a fanatical regime which I personally believe are mental in nature. That is not a theological statement, that's just my personal opinion. That would not stop me in analysing my sources for validity.

I can see that several times you tried to bring Iran into this picture for arguments sake. That is a red herring. Its not relevant to this particular topic, and definitely not relevant to that article you shared. Iran is not really a country I know very well, though I know a bit. You may know about Iran and their media scene better than me. So if there is something you need to educate me on, I dont mind being educated. But open that topic separately, not respond with what Iran is doing when the particular post I am responding to of yours is about something else.

No offence. Have a great day.