• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Taliban execute a young woman for wearing 'tight' clothes in Balkh province

ajay0

Show me a picture or two from Afghanistan.

Would this do !

QREaxyR.jpeg

Clara Tea

Woman shot dead outside her home 'for wearing tight clothes'

Afghanistan: Taliban executes young woman for wearing 'tight clothes' in northern Balkh region

A young Afghan woman was shot dead by the Taliban for wearing a 'tight' dress and not being accompanied by a male relative.

Adil Shah Adil, a police spokesman in Balkh was quoted as saying that the victim was named Nazanin and that she was 21 years old.The woman was attacked after she left her house and was about to board a vehicle to travel to Balkh's capital Mazar-e Sharif.

The woman was wearing a burqa, a veil that covers the face and body, at the time of the attack, the police said.

President George W. Bush said that Osama bin Laden warped his religion to terrorism. Then he (W. Bush) murdered about 1,000,000 Iraqis with his war (to get the terrorists). Surely wars are evil.

Should we be more shocked at 1 death or a million?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
President George W. Bush said that Osama bin Laden warped his religion to terrorism. Then he (W. Bush) murdered about 1,000,000 Iraqis with his war (to get the terrorists). Surely wars are evil.

Should we be more shocked at 1 death or a million?
Both, because killing should be avoided killing is unnessesary

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Also in that report:-

Taliban spokesman denied the accusations and said that the group is investigating the attack.

They are currently in PR mode.
Literally waiting till all US soldiers etc are out of the country.

If people seriously think that they will not eventually go back to their old barbaric ways... that's simply delusional.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
They are currently in PR mode.
Literally waiting till all US soldiers etc are out of the country.

If people seriously think that they will not eventually go back to their old barbaric ways... that's simply delusional.

Everybody seems to know what the Taliban are, what they will do, how they will think.
But nobody had the first clue about what they would or could do a fortnight ago.

I think I'll wait to hear how the Mullahs of Afghanistan decide to rule.
In a week or so, Kabul will certainly be a safer place to go than many Western cities.....for sure.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
We all look totally inept, I'm sad to say.
We all read the Afghan population completely wrong....what do you think? They absolutely welcomed the invasion, and the thousands that are fleeing are just the % that had (mostly) been involved with western powers.
Agreed

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Everybody seems to know what the Taliban are, what they will do, how they will think.

Yes.
It's not exactly a secret.

But nobody had the first clue about what they would or could do a fortnight ago.

Yes, the speed by which they reconquered the country surprised both friend and foe.
At the same time, it only confirms what "everybody seems to know", as you put it.

All this time, they've been sitting in their caves and recruiting, waiting for their moment to bounce back.
They didn't waste any time when their moment came, it seems.

I think I'll wait to hear how the Mullahs of Afghanistan decide to rule.
In a week or so, Kabul will certainly be a safer place to go than many Western cities.....for sure.

:rolleyes:

This is incredibly delusional.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Me?
I don't go anywhere, anymore, but I am sure that there won't too many drug dealers, or drugs, or shop thefts, or robberies. Not like where you live. :p

Neither will there be any gay people with their heads still attached, women without bags over their entire bodies (or women at all in public), education for females over 12, or anything else that doesn't fit in their barbaric mentality.

I'll take a free society with some drug dealers over medieval barbarism any day of the week.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yes.
It's not exactly a secret.

Yes, the speed by which they reconquered the country surprised both friend and foe.
At the same time, it only confirms what "everybody seems to know", as you put it.

All this time, they've been sitting in their caves and recruiting, waiting for their moment to bounce back.
They didn't waste any time when their moment came, it seems.

:rolleyes:

This is incredibly delusional.
If you say so.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Neither will there be any gay people with their heads still attached, women without bags over their entire bodies (or women at all in public), education for females over 12, or anything else that doesn't fit in their barbaric mentality.

I'll take a free society with some drug dealers over medieval barbarism any day of the week.
Ah, well... Iran, all the Sunni lands, Indonesia and more countries hold to Islamic principles.
I don't support their principles but I wait to see how Afghanistan under Islamic control will turn out.

The UK, The Soviets and the USA, all have been defeated by those Islamic warriors. So we don't have much choice, do we?

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Ah, well... Iran, all the Sunni lands, Indonesia and more countries hold to Islamic principles.

We're not talking about Iran or Indonesia. We are talking about the Taliban.

I don't support their principles but I wait to see how Afghanistan under Islamic control will turn out.

This is like saying that if the Nazi's would have reclaimed Germany 20 years after their defeat "let's wait and see how Germany will be under their control".

Do you honestly think it would turn out to be ok?

The UK, The Soviets and the USA, all have been defeated by those Islamic warriors. So we don't have much choice, do we?

Well to be fair, they weren't defeated. They were just outlasted. Big difference.

Having said that, this isn't about choices. It's about what we can expect to happen there now.
You are delusionally optimistic.

We know what will happen.
Sure, they might be a bit smarter now in terms of "let's not allow jihadist groups to operate and plan attacks on the west from our territory anymore", realizing what it will result in. Or at least at first.

But if you honestly think Afghanistan is suddenly going to become a nice place to live, without all the barbaric nonsense we can expect from these medieval pricks and without brutal trampling of basic human rights etc, .... Be serious please.

We know these guys. We know what they are all about.

And it will not be pretty.