• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sun, or The one who has made Sun.

chinu

chinu
The sun is there. It's clearly important. As long as it's there, it shouldn't matter who made it, be it the sun itself or a god of any sort. It'll just be there.
Sounds like.. One saying Internet is important for me. But as I don't know who has made internet, I don't care at all.

Of course, its all his choice.

All the best..
Cheers! :)

janesix

We all have seen the glowing SUN in the Sky, and there's no one who can deny the existence of Sun.

Well, my question is.. Which one is more important for you ?

Kindly note: I don't want to know Who, or Big Bang, or Whatever, or etc etc etc.. made the SUN. So please don't try to answering this question, am not interested in it at all.
The sun has been designed to fit into the sacred geometry of the solar system. Of course on a practical level, we need the sun for continued life. On a spiritual level, we need to understand the creator of this geometry in the solar system. Which is more important to me? Probably the sun as the sustainer of life on Earth. But the creator is a close second.

chinu

chinu
The sun has been designed to fit into the sacred geometry of the solar system. Of course on a practical level, we need the sun for continued life. On a spiritual level, we need to understand the creator of this geometry in the solar system. Which is more important to me? Probably the sun as the sustainer of life on Earth. But the creator is a close second.
You mean you care.. importance for important,
rather than caring.. important for importance ? :)

chinu

chinu
I care about life, mine and others. I also care about the creator.
You mean both.
like.. Sun and its rays, both.

If I change a question little bit for you.
Sun, or its Rays. Which one is important for you ?
Now, what will you say ?
:)

janesix

You mean both.
like.. Sun and its rays, both.

If I change a question little bit for you.
Sun, or its Rays. Which one is important for you ?
Now, what will you say ?
:)
Both.
It's rays for life.
The sun for it's spiritual implications. Such as the eclipse, which shows the duality of light and dark, and sacred union.

DrTCH

I'm alarmed by what I consider a fallacious (and probably very dishonest) question. A legitimate question would not pose an inquiry in such a way so as to frame things in a manipulative way (e.g., which contains certain assumptions). This case is similar to the famous one wherein one is asked, "Bill, have you stopped beating your wife?!!" Or one with which one is asked a question with only two possible answers, such as "Do you think our boss is a really nice guy, or a total SOB?'"

The sun in this solar system (or "Sol") is an undeniable physical phenomenon. Its exact origin is unknown, but a bearded, lightening-throwing OT "author" who got out his tool-kit and actually constructed this heavenly body strikes me as an extremely unlikely scenario. I suspect its origin was a natural physical process, tho I do not necessarily discount the possibility of some kind of subtle "spiritual" impact on this process.

For me, the "Big, bearded Dude in the Sky" version is about as legitimate as the "Jack, the Giant Killer" tale (or the "Good Tooth Fairy" story). OK, for kids, but not for real "grown-up people."

PEACE!!

Last edited:

leibowde84

Veteran Member
We all have seen the glowing SUN in the Sky, and there's no one who can deny the existence of Sun.

Kindly note: I don't want to know Who, or Big Bang, or Whatever, or etc etc etc.. made the SUN. So please don't try to answering this question, am not interested in it at all.
The sun is more important, as without it life on earth would not be possible.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
I suppose the universe was manipulated for a fighting chance to live.

I suppose life wants to grow everywhere and can't and this the only place of making that life is possible. Life is the great experiment.

methinks the universe is missing it's cogs and life should rather be everywhere.

we live in a devastated universe, full of hell bent destruction. our creators live by trial and error.

The madness of the prophet has spoken.

ha lol

Last edited:

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery

Hiya @chinu ... long time, no babble...

In regards to your question. Due to the unfortunate wording used in the OP the only thing of importance is the Sun due to the prohibitions you have placed on discussing the 2nd choice.

Rational Agnostic

The sun was formed in the gravitational collapse of a cloud of intergalactic dust. At this point I would say the sun itself is more important to me, because without it, I wouldn't exist.

james bond

So, you're a sun freak. It's really about the Earth though. Second would be the moon.

InquisitiveScholar

Wanting to learn it all..
For me, as a Zoroastrian, that is a difficult question. My scientific mind says the Sun is better than whoever made it because without it, we would not exist. However, my mythological mind, is thankful to the creator of the sun, because it, along with all other things made by Ahura Mazda, allows for the good and beautiful things to exist in this world. So again, this is not an easy question to answer, however I would have to say that the physical object up in space that we orbit around is more important to me in the grand scheme of things than the creator of such a thing.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

The sun, obviously. Difficult to get a viable tan with the star that preceded it (the sun is a second generation star).

Ciao

- viole