• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sun, or The one who has made Sun.

Vidarsdottir

Just some chick
It's My Birthday!
The sun, like all of the best deity-kings/queens, was self creating. I thought everyone knew that.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Ha ha ha ha ha..
I respect your feelings, Tom!
:)
I know.
I respect yours too. But that's because we are humans. If one or both of us were similar to "The One who has made the sun" I don't know if that would still be true. Because I don't pretend to know that much about unexplainable beings :)
Tom

Milton Platt

The Sun is more important, since it actually exists.

It seems that you've already answered the question about who or what made the Sun, since you refer to it as "the one" who has made the Sun. It could have been a bunch. It could have been a million who made the Sun.

Or noone at all.....

syo

We all have seen the glowing SUN in the Sky, and there's no one who can deny the existence of Sun.

Well, my question is.. Which one is more important for you ?

Kindly note: I don't want to know Who, or Big Bang, or Whatever, or etc etc etc.. made the SUN. So please don't try to answering this question, am not interested in it at all.
can I answer both? while I'm alive, the sun is more important, but in the afterlife, whatever it may be, the one who made the sun is more important.

chinu

chinu
Why is that?
Why do you doubt that I have no explanation concerning the unexplainable?
Tom
Because there's no one on this earth who doesn't pretend to know about unexplainable being :)

Brother, please don't write TOM each time at the end of your post, its okay for once, as now I have know-ed that you are TOM.

InChrist

Free4ever
We all have seen the glowing SUN in the Sky, and there's no one who can deny the existence of Sun.

Kindly note: I don't want to know Who, or Big Bang, or Whatever, or etc etc etc.. made the SUN. So please don't try to answering this question, am not interested in it at all.
The one who made the sun is more important to me.

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles

The sun is there. It's clearly important. As long as it's there, it shouldn't matter who made it, be it the sun itself or a god of any sort. It'll just be there.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member
The sun is there. It's clearly important. As long as it's there, it shouldn't matter who made it, be it the sun itself or a god of any sort. It'll just be there.

My thoughts as well and also the reason the sun was made may have nothing to do with me, its just a coincidence it benefits me.

A Vestigial Mote

On the one hand you are saying.. Sun is more important,
On the another hand you are saying... If whoever/whatever created the sun, hadn't created it, then YOU wouldn't be here to even contemplate the importance of that "being" or the sun.

Anyways.. I appreciate your concern about the one who has created Sun, saying.. then YOU wouldn't be here to even contemplate the importance of that "being" or the sun.
Good!
You misunderstand. If I were unable to contemplate the sun, because the sun were never created, and therefore I was never born on this Earth, then of what consequence would ANY of it be to "me?" You have to remember... in that scenario, I don't exist... and so NOTHING can really be of any importance to "me." There is no "me!"

I will always consider the sun much more important than the "creator of the sun", until that creator proves to me to be even more important in my life than the sun. Do you think a "god" can do this? I don't think he/she/it can, or at least doesn't care to. Why would I waste my time gauging the importance of something I know nothing about?

What you pose has the same significance as asking an ant what is more important - the food he is carrying, or my foot poised over his head, ready to crush him. The ant would clutch his food, and ask you: "What the hell is a 'foot?'" I know nothing about what this supposed creator does for me, but DAILY the sun provides for me. For the entire planet. Even if God created the sun, it does not automatically make Him more important to me than the sun! Why would it?

Of course.. the tree is more important than fruit for me.
Perhaps the idea of the tree is more important than the fruit. But this is only because of your understanding that the tree can bear more fruit. However, you don't go and eat the tree itself, now do you? It is important for an entirely different reason. This is the same way in which the sun and its (supposed) creator are separate, and can have separate levels of importance.

Why to remain hungry ? I will simply eat that fruit.
Exactly! In that moment, what do you even care about the tree?

What to do. Nothing I will do.
Then of what importance is the tree, unless it is where you HAVE TO VISIT TO GET FRUIT? In the same vein, if I were to seek the creator of the sun, and then found him, what can I do? Will I suddenly be able to do more with this creator than I can do with the light from the sun? I currently don't have to visit this "creator" to get anything I need.

Last edited: