• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop Funding Terrorists!

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes. Those struggling for freedom against them should probably be the ones to decide what help they need, sans foriegn countries invading and taking over.
Well I'm confused.
I see the Taliban struggling against freedom of the populace.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There certainly seems to be a solid core of internet blowhard who would prefer continued bloody military interventionism to, yaknow, admitting it hasn't worked thus far and maybe we should look at other alternatives.

The Trumpistas are probably a bit confused. Trump started the withdrawal. He should get credit for that. The problem is that no one foresaw Afghanistan falling so quickly. Biden was merely following through on one of the few right things that Trump did. A week before Afghanistan fell Trump was trying to take credit for it, and again he was mostly right. But as soon as it went pear shaped he tried to blame Biden for what was essentially his policy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And another solid core of internet blowhard persisting with 19th Century stereotypes of Asian countries being sandal wearing goldfish tenders, baffled by anything more technologically advanced than paper straws. Where do you think these people worried about the Chinese stealing American technology suppose most American technology is produced?

Are you expecting consistency from them?

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Are you expecting consistency from them?
Fair point. My continuing failures dealing with humans mostly seem to arise from expecting other people to generally behave in a reasonable and consistent manner. 40 years of experience to the contrary, but still I keep making that error.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Two decades, billions of dollars, and more troops killed than Americans who died in 9/11, how is that working?
Good point. Maybe we should just let the terrorists get even more powerful and let a future generation deal with it when they go out of control on jihad to muslumify the world.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
No. It was working.

Like everything, it's the politicians that fail.
At the tune of 2500 Americans killed and $2-3 trillion spent.

The biggest mistake, imo, was trying to occupy a country that had never been successfully occupied before. We had the right to go after al-Queda and binLaden, no doubt, but one would have hoped that we had learned our lesson with our long and painful experience when we tried to dominate in Vietnam. We didn't.

Suave

Simulated character
Good point. Maybe we should just let the terrorists get even more powerful and let a future generation deal with it when they go out of control on jihad to muslumify the world.

Islamification of the U.S. isn't going to happen under my watch. I can easily debunk the 4th pillar of Islam.

The fourth pillar of Islam, Ramadan fasting, can't be equally followed and adhered to by everybody in the world.
Ramadan fasting rules, as written on behalf of Muhammad in the Quran, requires dawn to dusk fasting for all healthy Islamic followers worldwide during the month of Ramadan. The dawn to dusk fasting rules as written in the Quran does not apply equally to all persons in all regions. This law can't be applied equally to all regions of the world. The period of sunrise to sunset varies according to the latitude of where a person lives. Therefore, equal periods of day and night don't exist for everybody. Consequently, Ramadan sunrise to sunset fasting can't possibly be followed equally by all healthy Muslims. The length of time required for sunrise to sunset fasting during Ramadan is based solely on a person's geographical location. I think it doesn't make any sense and it's unfair that the amount of Ramadan sunrise to sunset fasting time required for each Muslim is different based solely on the latitude of where the Muslim lives. Because the southern most inhabitants experience very short days during summer month of Ramadan, and they would only be required to fast for a few hours a day. The northern most inhabitants experience daylight throughout the month of Ramadan, and they would die from starvation while fasting for a whole month without food and drink. Nowhere in the Quran is it written that people of the polar regions can break their fast at the time of sunset until sunrise of the country next to them. This law was added later in Islam in order to correct a stupid mistake made, as written on behalf of Muhammad, for the dawn to dusk fasting law during Ramadan.

My non-Muslim pen is mightier than any Muslim's sword.

Suave

Simulated character
I think the Afghans themselves will probably have to overthrow the Taliban to bring forth necessary changes.

If pamphlets of my refutation of Islam's 4th pillar ( see post #97) were dropped on a massive scale over Afghanistan by dozens of drones, many Afghan people would stop practicing Islam; consequently, the Taliban regime would quickly collapse.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
The thing is many don't even seem to want to.
I have to agree. The way the government left and abandoned their arms tells me it was an invitation to the Taliban to come right on in, if not a red carpet layed out outright to happily welcome them to take power.