• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop Funding Terrorists!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My point, which I think was perfectly clear, is that you would consider Islam, if practiced right, as extremism and the same with Christianity and Judaism.

It's like if I say, "I'm against all extremism - and people who have abortions are extremists."

It's fine so long as you're being accurate about your views.
Right? I'm constantly pointing out that among those religions it's nothing but a bunch of endless back and forth with no one being able to definitively prove who is right and who is wrong. Those books have so many inconsistencies it's impossible for a truly "right" approach.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Allegedly secular regimes in the West have outlawed abortion and enforce dress codes for women going out in public. Much like the Taliban, Western secular administrations claim to do this for women's own protection, when nothing could be further from the truth.
Where do Western states require women to be covered head to toe?

But, fyi, the equipment left behind was made inoperable.

Some of the equipment.

Plenty of vehicles, assault rifles, heavy weapons, body armour, communications equipment, night vision goggles, etc. are very much in use and being used to help the Taliban cement their hold on power

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Some of the equipment.

Plenty of vehicles, assault rifles, heavy weapons, body armour, communications equipment, night vision goggles, etc. are very much in use and being used to help the Taliban cement their hold on power

Yeah, it sucks when we're given such short notice to withdraw.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Anti-face covering laws exist in most countries of Europe, and anti-abortion laws are getting popular again in the US (and their advocates in Europe seem to be getting more vocal again, probably due to increased funding from the US).

I may be wrong but I think anti face covering is just France,funny though that during the COVID pandemic we were all encouraged to wear one.

Abortion is a serious matter of course,I would say though that anti abortion is more religiously motivated,what do you think?.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Anti-face covering laws exist in most countries of Europe, and anti-abortion laws are getting popular again in the US (and their advocates in Europe seem to be getting more vocal again, probably due to increased funding from the US).
What's wrong with the face covering laws? Even Muslim countries ban it.
Burqa - Wikipedia
The following nations have introduced full or partial ban of the burqa: Austria, France, Belgium, Denmark, Bulgaria, the Netherlands (in public schools, hospitals and on public transport), Germany (partial bans in some states), Italy (in some localities), Spain (in some localities of Catalonia), Russia (in the Stavropol Krai),[4][5][6] Luxembourg,[7] Switzerland,[8] Norway (in nurseries, public schools and universities),[9] Canada (in the public workplace in Quebec),[10] Gabon, Chad, Senegal, the Republic of the Congo, Cameroon (in some localities), Niger (in some localities),[11][12] Sri Lanka,[13] Tajikistan,[14] Uzbekistan (ban on all personal religious symbols),[15] Azerbaijan (in public schools),[16] Turkey (in the judiciary, military and police),[17] Kosovo (in public schools),[18] Bosnia and Herzegovina (in courts and other legal institutions),[19] Morocco (ban on manufacturing, marketing and sale),[20] Tunisia (in public institutions),[21] Egypt (in universities), Algeria (in the public workplace),[22] and China (in Xinjiang).[23][24]

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
What's wrong with the face covering laws? Even Muslim countries ban it.
Burqa - Wikipedia

I think we should deal with what we see now. Women are being allowed to continue studying in college albeit with sexual segregation.

Women's attire is clearly being restricted but so far not to the extent of mandating the burqa.

Our opinion of what they're like now should be based on what they're doing now.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah, I don't think anyone is going to get behind that colossal mistake again. England failed, Russia failed, America failed, it seems reasonable to assume China will also fail at whatever Xi is up to.
The outside can assist, but the work has to.be done by those within.
No. It was working.

Like everything, it's the politicians that fail.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Since trying to kill the Taliban with bombs and bullets doesn't work. please let us consider killing them with kindness; I'd like us to have an understanding of their culture.
Yea. Their culture.

They will kill anyone who dosent agree with their so called 'culture'.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Afghanistan is a worn torn country ravaged by 20 years of U.S. and N.A.T.O. military occupation. I'd like humanitarian assistance, i.e.- food and vaccines, to the Afghan people in order to save them from starvation and death by C.O.V.I.D.-19. In return for continual humanitarian aid, I'd expect any of the few remaining Americans left stranded there to be able to return safely from Afghanistan to the U.S. I'm confident the Taliban would be willing to provide security and crowd control in order for there to be an orderly and fair distribution of food supplies and medicine to needy Afghan people.
Um wow, you are confident? You know they were charging people thosands of dollars to leave, and our government left out that little detail when they said the Taliban were cooperating?

Suave

Simulated character
Allegedly secular regimes in the West have outlawed abortion and enforce dress codes for women going out in public. Much like the Taliban, Western secular administrations claim to do this for women's own protection, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Where do Western states require women to be covered head to toe?

I may be wrong but I think anti face covering is just France,funny though that during the COVID pandemic we were all encouraged to wear one.

If the Mu variant of C.O.V.I.D.-19 can escape vaccine induced immunity, then I fear everybody soon might have to rely on wearing personal protective equipment in order to prevent infections and subsequent cases of illness by C.O.V.I.D.-19.

Suave

Simulated character
Yea. Their culture.

They will kill anyone who dosent agree with their so called 'culture'.

I respectfully disagree with the barbaric methods of their culture they use to control their people, and I've not been killed yet by the Taliban. I figure if I just mind my own business of living in a highly educated secular urban culture instead of trying to impose my secular humanism beliefs upon such a highly religious people of an ancient tribal culture, then the Taliban should not bother me. Perhaps we can agree to live and let live.

Suave

Simulated character
Um wow, you are confident? You know they were charging people thosands of dollars to leave, and our government left out that little detail when they said the Taliban were cooperating?

Hopefully, now that the Taliban has billions of dollars worth of assault weapons in excess of what is needed for defensive capabilities; they can sell these assault weapons to China or Russia for reverse engineering. That being in exchange for cash, food, and medical supplies for the Afghan people in need. Then perhaps, the Taliban won't be compelled to charge exorbitant travel fees for departing emirate Islamic Afghanistan

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member

Well...Europe has their own religious right who can drive that.
Even a casual glance at Polish politics can confirm that.

Hopefully, now that the Taliban has billions of dollars worth of assault weapons in excess of what is needed for defensive capabilities; they can sell these assault weapons to China or Russia for reverse engineering.

I think the US would assume that the IP of any of the weapons they sell on the open market or give to countries like Afghanistan are already fully available to any country who wishes to work out how they are constructed.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
I think the US would assume that the IP of any of the weapons they sell on the open market or give to countries like Afghanistan are already fully available to any country who wishes to work out how they are constructed.

One would hope. It's actually hard to be certain, based on what I've read.
To be clear, it's not generally an issue around the weapons themselves (unless they went and left a squad of stealth fighters on the ground, which I'm assuming not).
Rather it is the weapons systems, guidance systems, etc. The US will commonly fit different levels of complex electronics to the same basic vehicle, depending on who is using it and where. Their best stuff is effectively reserved for their own troops, and the closest of their allies (even Australia commonly has trouble getting access to this, although purely from memory, Israel has in the past).

So...it's not so much 'is this tank worth money'. It probably is, but it's not going to feed the masses. But if the electronics, etc, are fully specced, countries like North Korea would certainly be interested.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
I was unaware of what sort of aid was going to Afghanistan and what the sources were. It appears a lot of it was through the UN and merely ending the war was not going to end the aid. If they have become dependent on that aid and it has not ended a legitimate threat to that aid may make the Taliban think twice. Unfortunately I have my doubts.
Soft power like this is a well established strategic tool among the major powers. It's distasteful, but considered one of the costs of doing business on the global stage by people who have been involved in diplomacy and strategic planning for their entire working lives. I guess we're lucky to have random internet loudmouths tell us how terrible it is without offering constructive alternatives, huh?