• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop Funding Terrorists!

Suave

Simulated character
Taliban culture deserves nothing better than extinction. Such repressive and extreme ideologies have no proper place running a state. Such as, we can assume they'll attach a price and stipulations for recieving aid, such as how Christians have long done and continue to do.
A woman without a man? No aid for her but there is a world of legal problems in store for her.
We shouldn't support that.

What should be and what is actually going to happen are not the same, Also, I'm not going to be Islamophobic by passing judgment against their customs, laws, and traditions. Like it or not, the Taliban is now in full control of Afghanistan, I'm afraid we are just going to have to accept that fact and work with them the best we can in order to help ensure the survival of Afghan women and children.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You probably think that of all religions, but who are you to say who should lead the country?
No, I don't think that of all (way to ignore the extremist part of my post).
And who am I? Someone who believes in human rights, dignity, and autonomy. The Taliban is the antithesis of that, and are violently repressive in maintaining their tyranny and oppression.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
What should be and what is actually going to happen are not the same, Also, I'm not going to be Islamophobic by passing judgment against their customs, laws, and traditions. Like it or not, the Taliban is now in full control of Afghanistan, I'm afraid we are just going to have to accept that fact and work with them the best we can in order to help ensure the survival of Afghan women and children.
We needn't have anything to do with them. We can just leave that country well alone until it gets itself together.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It's not Islamaphobic to point out forcing women to wear burkas is wrong, banning her from going out of the home without male family is wrong, and holding her accountable for her own rape is wrong. Blasphemy laws are wrong, as is punishment for apostasy. Honor killings? Those are heinous and have no rightful place in a decent society.

Suave

Simulated character
Let's not forget that the US is the leading terrorist country. Is the Taliban worse? I don't know. I'm sure the Taliban has done less damage.

I wished U.S. troops left Afghanistan soon after the assassination of Osama Bid Laden by U.S. special forces I was horrified by a US drone strike on August 29th. had killed an aid worker and 10 Afghan civilians, including 7 children. I suppose this could indeed be considered as being an act of terrorism.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Dude you should know me better!

I don't want any of our money going to foreign nations by way of 'aid'.
Shouldn't have created the UN in 1945, then, or NATO, or any of the other satellite organizations to ensure American dominance over the world. Or created a global military force to protect US geostrategic interests, and stationed them all around the globe in various satellite countries.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Shouldn't have created the UN in 1945, then, or NATO, or any of the other satellite organizations to ensure American dominance over the world. Or created a global military force to protect US geostrategic interests, and stationed them all around the globe in various satellite countries.
No, we shouldn't.

But can we stick to the topic.

Suave

Simulated character
We needn't have anything to do with them. We can just leave that country well alone until it gets itself together.

Since the U.S. military and N.A.T.O. troops left Afghanistan in ruins after their invasion and 20 year long occupation of Afghanistan, perhaps we can agree the U.S. is at least morally obliged to save the Afghan people from disease and starvation

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Since the U.S. military and N.A.T.O. troops left Afghanistan in ruins after their invasion and 20 year long occupation of Afghanistan, perhaps we can agree the U.S. is at least obliged to save the Afghan people from disease starvation
No it's not. The US and others went there in the first place to stop the nonsense that would ensue in the event of a Taliban government. The Taliban won the war, so now it's the Taliban's responsibility because they're the victors and the Afghani government.

Shakeel

No, I don't think that of all (way to ignore the extremist part of my post).
And who am I? Someone who believes in human rights, dignity, and autonomy. The Taliban is the antithesis of that, and are violently repressive in maintaining their tyranny and oppression.
I think your idea of extremism doesn't apply to Taliban just, but also to Islam and would apply to Jewish and Christian laws if they were applied.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Rival is most definitely very English.
American stuff isn't on her.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think your idea of extremism doesn't apply to Taliban just, but also to Islam and would apply to Jewish and Christian laws if they were applied.
Of course it's not exclusive to the Taliban. What's your point? Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, environmentalists, communists, patriotism, nationalism, there are a lot of things people have turned radical and extreme for.

Suave

Simulated character
No it's not. The US and others went there in the first place to stop the nonsense that would ensue in the event of a Taliban government. The Taliban won the war, so now it's the Taliban's responsibility because they're the victors and the Afghani government.

I suppose the Taliban could sell excess weapons they've captured from the war in order to purchase food and medicine to help their people escape economic distress.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
No, we shouldn't.

But can we stick to the topic.
It is pertaining to the topic.
The US invaded Afghanistan in pursuit of the same geostrategic goals that originally led to it bankrolling the Mujahedeen (i.e. what would later become the Northern Alliance, the Taliban, and the Pakistani base of Al Qaida). Now that they have pulled out, Americans decry a war they so strongly supported initially, when public sentiment was very much in favor of killing a bunch of unrelated Muslims in retaliation to the 9/11 attacks.

Of course, now that the war is clearly lost, people are quick to reassure one another that really, nobody had ever actually been in favor of this, they had never wanted it in the first place, even, and feign disgust at America's military adventurism all across the globe, even as they loudly "support the troops" and pledge allegiance to their "warriors" of "freedom" for willingly engaging in just that.

It is particularly rich how Americans and their media now portray the Taliban as fanatic savages, when the US continues to back regimes with similar track records and body counts, and has done so for decades, with barely more than vague mouth-noises in the direction of human rights, which are swiftly silenced as soon as they buy another shipment of American military grade weaponry with their blood money.

Shakeel

Of course it's not exclusive to the Taliban. What's your point? Jews, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, environmentalists, communists, patriotism, nationalism, there are a lot of things people have turned radical and extreme for.
My point, which I think was perfectly clear, is that you would consider Islam, if practiced right, as extremism and the same with Christianity and Judaism.

It's like if I say, "I'm against all extremism - and people who have abortions are extremists."

It's fine so long as you're being accurate about your views.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
I have some, okay many, little delusions. I've had them all my life. When I was 10 I thought aeroplanes were spying on me because I was an experiment, because it seemed whenever I was out there were planes. Now I think my reflection is going to come through the mirror and kill me. Whenever I'm in my backyard I think some random bloke is going to come out from behind the bins and try murdering me. The list goes on, but this...

This is more delusional than anything I've ever thought.

The Foreign Secretary, Dominic Raab, has said the UK will work with partners to hold the Taliban to account and seek to encourage the establishment of an inclusive Afghan Government. Measures to enforce this may include sanctions or holding back aid. The US Secretary of State, Anthony Blinken, has adopted a similar position.

Afghanistan: Development, UK aid and the future - House of Commons Library (parliament.uk)

Please, what is going on? I am completely, genuinely confused.

This is the Taliban. They're not going to make an 'inclusive' government, and we're still funding them! We're sending money to a known terrorist group we've been fighting for literally 20 years. Now we've just left them billions of dollars' worth of military equipment and we're still shovelling money to them! And please, we need to use our heads, this money is not going to humanitarian aid. It's going to the jihadis who run the place. This is talking about sanctions and aid.

"Hey Taliban, you'd better create an inclusive government or else we're not going to fund you anymore!"

I'm sorry what????

I agree but we do business with Saudi Arabia no problem,they have cut peoples heads off for sorcery btw,Saudi Arabia has also funded deobandi madrasses or seminaries,the Taliban are students after all,we know this but still do business with Saudi Arabia.

The UK sends aid to Pakistan each year knowing that Pakistan aided the Taliban with supplies and free movement during the last 20 years or more,(it’s a bitter pill to swallow) but that’s how it’s been.

Many countries have funded terrorism directly or indirectly,Russia and America,some Americans allegedly funded the IRA ,it’s nothing new but I agree we shouldn’t fund terrorism.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
It is pertaining to the topic.
The US invaded Afghanistan in pursuit of the same geostrategic goals that originally led to it bankrolling the Mujahedeen (i.e. what would later become the Northern Alliance, the Taliban, and the Pakistani base of Al Qaida). Now that they have pulled out, Americans decry a war they so strongly supported initially, when public sentiment was very much in favor of killing a bunch of unrelated Muslims in retaliation to the 9/11 attacks.

Of course, now that the war is clearly lost, people are quick to reassure one another that really, nobody had ever actually been in favor of this, they had never wanted it in the first place, even, and feign disgust at America's military adventurism all across the globe, even as they loudly "support the troops" and pledge allegiance to their "warriors" of "freedom" for willingly engaging in just that.

It is particularly rich how Americans and their media now portray the Taliban as fanatic savages, when the US continues to back regimes with similar track records and body counts, and has done so for decades, with barely more than vague mouth-noises in the direction of human rights, which are swiftly silenced as soon as they buy another shipment of American military grade weaponry with their blood money.
Yes, the US has a lot to answer for, but given that I'm only 26 and don't live in the US it's not really my problem. I didn't vote for this or support this. It's clearly been a complete waste of time and my view now is we just leave Afghanistan alone.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Allegedly secular regimes in the West have outlawed abortion and enforce dress codes for women going out in public. Much like the Taliban, Western secular administrations claim to do this for women's own protection, when nothing could be further from the truth.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I agree but we do business with Saudi Arabia no problem,they have cut peoples heads off for sorcery btw,Saudi Arabia has also funded deobandi madrasses or seminaries,the Taliban are students after all,we know this but still do business with Saudi Arabia.

The UK sends aid to Pakistan each year knowing that Pakistan aided the Taliban with supplies and free movement during the last 20 years or more,(it’s a bitter pill to swallow) but that’s how it’s been.

Many countries have funded terrorism directly or indirectly,Russia and America,some Americans allegedly funded the IRA ,it’s nothing new but I agree we shouldn’t fund terrorism.
Yes, it's disgusting.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Yes, the US has a lot to answer for, but given that I'm only 26 and don't live in the US it's not really my problem. I didn't vote for this or support this. It's clearly been a complete waste of time and my view now is we just leave Afghanistan alone.
Nobody votes for these wars. They vote, instead, for controversial wedge issues which their parties drive as Very Important Things in order to garner the necessary support for war.

EDIT: There are, however, means to influence public perception and public sentiment other than voting. Your allies in the Trump faction managed to do it, and your enemies at BLM managed as well.