• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Stop Funding Terrorists!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If pamphlets of my refutation of Islam's 4th pillar ( see post #97) were dropped on a massive scale over Afghanistan by dozens of drones, many Afghan people would stop practicing Islam; consequently, the Taliban regime would quickly collapse.
I have my doubts. More likely itnwpuld be renounced as blasphemy.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I have to agree. The way the government left and abandoned their arms tells me it was an invitation to the Taliban to come right on in, if not a red carpet layed out outright to happily welcome them to take power.
Is that why our soldiers were making much of that equipment "unmilitarized" [aka "damaged"]?

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
The thing is many don't even seem to want to.
Based on the literature I've read re: popular movements and public protests, most people aren't going to risk their lives for a regime change if they can just duck and survive. It takes some pretty significant prep work to have a significant number of people prepared to risk themselves for abstract political goals (and it's usually in situations where the alternative may be worse, e.g. famine, war, or a particularly brutal and far reaching wave of purges)