• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Split a piece of wood and I am there, Lift a stone and you will find me

Audie

Veteran Member
Were you not aware that God is omnipresent, meaning there is nowhere where God (or if you like the spirit of God) is not. That is what it means, the Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you. You are an expression of God, and the body is the 'temple of God', do you not know this?

God is present in the mind and body of a
pedophile. Good to know.

Milton Platt

The saying of Jesus that was found in Nag Hamadi in 1945.

The Kingdom of God is inside you and all around you
Not in a mansion of wood and stone
Split a piece of wood and I am there
Lift a stone and you will find me.

I have come to the conclusion that this may mean the carving of a tree as in split or cleave the wood as the saying goes. Nearby to where I live there is an unusual symbol resembling a 'U' and a '4' which could be letters of an alphabet over where someone has scribed or carved there name into a tree. The symbol looks unusual as it does not look as if it has been carved by human. Maybe there is no meaning in this but I just want to make sure or if anyone has any idea that it could have meaning. I live in Scotland in the UK and where the tree is located in 2 miles south to where I live. I have pictures of the symbol like carving. If anyone has any idea that it has any meaning whatsoever, plz post a reply. Thank you.

Symbols have the meanings humans give them.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
What does it mean in the Gospel of Thomas that 'If you look in the sky then the birds of the sky will precede you' and 'when you come to know yourselves then you will be known'? And that 'there is light within a person of light'?
It is referring to the underlying oneness of all that is, when you truly know what and who you are, you go beyond identification with the body (which is not what and who you are btw). So when considering the sky, birds are already there, consider who you are, you are already known, consider spiritual light, you will be aware you are illumined.

The apparent cryptic way of most of the sayings dealing with the esoteric nature of true understanding of one's own being is because what is trying to be conveyed is that truth is forever on the other side of the verbal explanation. Spiritual truth is beyond the human mind's ability to apprehend through thought processes.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
pedophile. Good to know.
And every else that exists, that's what omnipresence means....

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." Isaiah 45:7

Audie

Veteran Member
And every else that exists, that's what omnipresence means....

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." Isaiah 45:7
You do know that you guys just make this sh** up, right?
Like, you are self aware and all?

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
So you are an atheist, I get it, you can't get what is being said. So why do you torture yourself coming to threads such as this and reading and commenting (and disrespectful ones at that) on comments you can't believe are credible. Just accept that people are not equal, and be at peace.

Shad

Veteran Member

I have come to the conclusion that this may mean the carving of a tree as in split or cleave the wood as the saying goes. Nearby to where I live there is an unusual symbol resembling a 'U' and a '4' which could be letters of an alphabet over where someone has scribed or carved there name into a tree. The symbol looks unusual as it does not look as if it has been carved by human. Maybe there is no meaning in this but I just want to make sure or if anyone has any idea that it could have meaning. I live in Scotland in the UK and where the tree is located in 2 miles south to where I live. I have pictures of the symbol like carving. If anyone has any idea that it has any meaning whatsoever, plz post a reply. Thank you.

The verse is about omnipresent which is part of classical God and pantheism

pearl

In the movie 'Stigmata' this passage from the Gospel of Thomas was written on a piece of paper by an atheist possessed by a deceased priest who was a stigmatic.

Just James

What does it mean in the Gospel of Thomas that 'If you look in the sky then the birds of the sky will precede you' and 'when you come to know yourselves then you will be known'? And that 'there is light within a person of light'?

That which is True is always True. What is True is Eternal. True is a quantum of Truth. Truth does not change. It is Outside of Time. It is where everything that is True has a place. It contains Everything that is True. If you are True, it contains you. The ‘Soul’. And you will be known. You will be a person of light (Truth). The Light inside you is the True-self. But you now have more than one self, and you are divided. You are no longer only True.
Put like this: the creatures do no ‘right or wrong’, they only ‘do’ True. . They are incapable of ‘evil’. They are incapable of ‘good’.
The little children are same. Thus they cannot ‘sin’. They are True.
The creatures have no ego. Instead they have a Soul.
To ‘enter’ the Kingdom, you must be True. Whole. Undivided. Like the little children. Seek until you find. And if you come to know yourself, you will find you are already in The Kingdom. You will become more like him and he will become more like you. He is True. True is the Way. Not right and not wrong. Thus your leaders cannot tell you in which direction is The Kingdom. They can only tell the herd. And the herd will proceed you because you will all be the same. Instead of all being uniquely True. So be you. Be True. That’s all you need to do.

Roshiem Pegues

Jesus said, "It is I who am the light (that presides) over all. It is I who am the entirety: it is from me that the entirety has come, and to me that the entirety goes. Split a piece of wood: I am there. Lift a stone, and you (plur.) will find me there."

It's saying the one true lives in everything. Everything is connected. Verse 50 says..
If they say to you, " where did you come from?" Say to them, 'we came from the light, the place where the light came into being on its own accord and established itself and became manifest through their image." If they say to you, ' is it you?' Say, " we are It's children, we are the elect of the living Father.' That passage you are referring to is from the movie Stigmata I've read the gospel of Thomas plenty of times most of Jesus saying was secret he taught what Hindu teaches except Hindu has 333,000 manifestations of god and Jesus teaches of one and only one father the true hidden God that lives in everything

Attachments

• upload_2022-7-15_20-22-7.png
    upload_2022-7-15_20-22-7.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 1

Elihoenai

That saying is for Mystics to Contemplate. That saying is found in the Gnostic Gospels. It is Impossible to Understand Without the study of the Holy Scriptures/Bible.

Nag Hammadi library

The Nag Hammadi library (also known as the "Chenoboskion Manuscripts" and the "Gnostic Gospels"[a]) is a collection of early Christian and Gnostic texts discovered near the Upper Egyptian town of Nag Hammadi in 1945.

Elihoenai

That passage is from the Gospel of Thomas, if I'm not mistaken, and it's not a literal passage about magic carvings in trees.

Read the whole of verse 77:
Gospel of Thomas (Lambdin Translation) -- The Nag Hammadi Library

Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them all. It is I who am the all. From me did the all come forth, and unto me did the all extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."
Matthew 2:15

15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.

You Find Yeshua/Jesus when Come Out Of Egypt. Elohim/God Must Reveal to you what it means to Come Out Of Egypt. There is an Esoteric and Exoteric meaning.

Ebionite

pedophile. Good to know.
Omnipresence isn't a quality of the deity of Abraham.

And Cain went out from the presence of YHWH, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.
Genesis 4:16

"When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

When it says this, surely it must have a link to having dissociative identity disorder in that when you know yourself then you will be know but if you do not know yourself then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty.

Other sayings from the Gospel of Thomas 114 must have a link to what im putting across here aswell.

Elihoenai

I believe the passage implicates that God is everywhere and in everything. You might want to check out pantheism and panentheism to get a better take on the subject.
Ephesians 4:6

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Yes, certainly Elohim/God is Everything and Everywhere Being Omni. Elohim/God Manifests in Different Ways to Different People. To certain people Elohim/God Manifests as One, Trinity or Pantheon.