• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Split a piece of wood and I am there, Lift a stone and you will find me

Caught in the past I guess, looking far too deeply into it.....................all these messages have proved me wrong, seems stupid and outlandish to be fair. But what if..............:(

Ebionite

That passage is from the Gospel of Thomas, if I'm not mistaken, and it's not a literal passage about magic carvings in trees.

Read the whole of verse 77:
Gospel of Thomas (Lambdin Translation) -- The Nag Hammadi Library

Jesus said, "It is I who am the light which is above them all. It is I who am the all. From me did the all come forth, and unto me did the all extend. Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they [are] men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.
For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone [shall be] seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith YHWH of armies, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.
Zechariah 3:8-9

And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
Revelation 5:6

The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?
Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth.
While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.
John 12:34-36

Elihoenai

To get an Understanding of what Christian Gnosticism is the movie Nefarious Reveals the Inverse Anti-Christian Gnosticism through the Demonic Entity Nefarious.

NefariousPoster.jpg

Nefarious (film)

Nefarious is a 2023 American independent horror film written and directed by Chuck Konzelman and Cary Solomon, based on Steve Deace's 2016 novel A Nefarious Plot. It stars Jordan Belfi as a psychiatrist who must determine if a convicted death row inmate (Sean Patrick Flanery) is faking his alleged demonic possession. The film was released on April 14, 2023.

NEFARIOUS Official Trailer (2023) Horror Movie HD

I Am the Total Opposite of the Anti-Christian Gnostic Nefarious. Christian Gnostics are in a Total War Against Anti-Christion Gnostics in a Great Battle Between Good and Evil that Elohim/God Ordained. There are only a Few Christian Gnostics and Anti-Christian Gnostics.​

Elihoenai

What is the Gospel of Thomas and why is it important?
Scripture scholar Elaine Pagels on how the Gospel of Thomas and other noncanonical gospels renew her faith.

"...So John says that Thomas is wrong. And the Fathers of the church say, “John is right. Let’s get rid of Thomas...”

Have you seen the movie Stigmata? It's about the Suppression of The Gospel of Thomas by the Roman Catholic Church and the True Identity of the Christian Church:

Stigmata Official Trailer #1 - Gabriel Byrne Movie (1999) HD

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
What is the Gospel of Thomas and why is it important?
Scripture scholar Elaine Pagels on how the Gospel of Thomas and other noncanonical gospels renew her faith.

"...So John says that Thomas is wrong. And the Fathers of the church say, “John is right. Let’s get rid of Thomas...”

Have you seen the movie Stigmata? It's about the Suppression of The Gospel of Thomas by the Roman Catholic Church and the True Identity of the Christian Church:

Stigmata Official Trailer #1 - Gabriel Byrne Movie (1999) HD
I love that movie. Brilliant piece of fiction! Nothing better than a nice paranoid conspiracy for entertainment.

Elihoenai

I love that movie. Brilliant piece of fiction! Nothing better than a nice paranoid conspiracy for entertainment.
I Am Christian Gnostic and Christian Monk having a Different Consciousness from normal people. What you see in a movie is Not what I see. You see like Gentiles Being in the Flesh. Israel is Different from the Surrounding Nations.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I Am Christian Gnostic and Christian Monk having a Different Consciousness from normal people.
I'm sorry, but that's just not something i can take seriously. You see, i just don't believe superhumans exist. But if thinking that makes you feel better about yourself, more power to you.

Elihoenai

I'm sorry, but that's just not something i can take seriously. You see, i just don't believe superhumans exist. But if thinking that makes you feel better about yourself, more power to you.
Only Interested in the Truth and not feeling better. Are you saying that your branch of Judaism does not Know the Supernatural?

The Branch of Judaism that practices Kabbalah Jewish Mysticism Knows the Supernatural. Have you seen the movie Pi? Elohim/God has given me the Message that was meant for Israel/Jews.

Kabbalah

Kabbalah or Qabalah (/kəˈbɑːlə, ˈkæbələ/ kə-BAH-lə, KAB-ə-lə; Hebrew: קַבָּלָה‎, romanized: Qabbālā, lit. 'reception, tradition')[1][a] is an esoteric method, discipline and school of thought in Jewish mysticism.[2] A traditional Kabbalist is called a Mekubbal (מְקוּבָּל‎, Məqūbbāl, 'receiver').[2] The definition of Kabbalah varies according to the tradition and aims of those following it,[3] from its origin in medieval Judaism to its later adaptations in Western esotericism (Christian Kabbalah and Hermetic Qabalah). Jewish Kabbalah is a set of esoteric teachings meant to explain the relationship between the unchanging, eternal God—the mysterious Ein Sof (אֵין סוֹף‎, 'The Infinite')[4][5]—and the mortal, finite universe (God's creation).[2][4] It forms the foundation of mystical religious interpretations within Judaism.

Pi (1998) Trailer

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Is there any truth in this thread, if not, how do I go about shutting it down? Thanks in advance.
Sure there is, God is omnipresent, everything and everywhere that exists is God, seen and unseen, known and unknown, that is the point being made.

So long as a seeker of God imagines God to be separate from themself, then they will likely find it difficult to realize the glory of the full extent of their existence, which is that they are an expression of the God, and God is within them.

Yes I understand that from the viewpoints of other people, but obviously I was wrong so how do I go about shutting this thread down or is that not possible? Thanks.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Yes I understand that from the viewpoints of other people, but obviously I was wrong so how do I go about shutting this thread down or is that not possible? Thanks.
Good that you got it Mark, it is essential to know what you really are to know who you really are.

Wrt shutting this thread down, you can make a request to the staff to see if they will do it. You contact staff by starting a thread on Site Feedback here and ask the question.... https://www.religiousforums.com/forums/site-feedback.344/

Elihoenai

THE GOSPEL OF THOMAS

(77)
Yeshua said,
I am the light over all things.
I am all.
From me all has come forth,
and to me all has reached.
Split a piece of wood.
I am there.
Lift up the stone
and you will find me there.

What happens when you Split Wood?

I was going to shut this thread down after my last post, theyre was a marking on the tree close to where I live which looked like a U and a 4 in block letters but as Ive been shown otherwise it must not be anything or have any meaning.

Elihoenai

I was going to shut this thread down after my last post, theyre was a marking on the tree close to where I live which looked like a U and a 4 in block letters but as Ive been shown otherwise it must not be anything or have any meaning.
Everything has Meaning given that Elohim/God has made you a Meaningful person. The meaning or lack thereof is in the Eye of the Beholder. Gnostics Guard Secret/Esoteric things from public view. We are allowed only to give Riddles or Clues and Elohim/God will Determine whether you are Deserving to find the answer.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
THE GOSPEL OF THOMAS

(77)
Yeshua said,
I am the light over all things.
I am all.
From me all has come forth,
and to me all has reached.
Split a piece of wood.
I am there.
Lift up the stone
and you will find me there.

What happens when you Split Wood?
There are two pieces of wood separated by air, in the materialist sense.

Elihoenai

There are two pieces of wood separated by air, in the materialist sense.
This is a Critical Statement. The Natural Man, Christians, Muslims and Jews See things in the Materialist Sense as Elohim/God has Ordained they Remain in Ignorance. Earthly/Material Representations can be Translated to Spiritual Things as Yeshua/Jesus teaches in Parables. This Spiritual Translation is a Leap of Faith that very Few are willing to take.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
This is a Critical Statement. The Natural Man, Christians, Muslims and Jews See things in the Materialist Sense as Elohim/God has Ordained they Remain in Ignorance. Earthly/Material Representations can be Translated to Spiritual Things as Yeshua/Jesus teaches in Parables. This Spiritual Translation is a Leap of Faith that very Few are willing to take.
There is no confusion afaik, our materialistic senses are essential for the incarnated state's survival, our spiritual senses for spiritual evolution are within. It's a case of one's priorities, if one is spiritually inclined, and they 'knock', the 'door' will be opened. Nowhere is this more important than in interpretation of religious teachings. Unfortunately, as in the days of Jesus, the interpretation of religious teachings for the masses tend to be at the lower end of the spiritually evolved spectrum, so one needs to knock a lot. Ultimately spirituality can't be conveyed in words, it's an inner development on the part of each soul.