• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

=Something Bad Jesus Did=

Poisonshady313

Isn't the genealogy of Jesus reaffirming Isaiah 11?
No. If anything, the genealogy of jesus disqualifies him from isaiah 11.

I think Ezekiel 37 talks of the second coming of Christ.
There's nothing written in the Tanach that indicates the Messiah will have to come twice.

But if I look at it from a Jewish perspective, it looks like a mighty holy king will return to restore Israel to glory and for Israel to be one again. This I think has already occured with modern day Israel.
And which king is ruling Israel?

Because the western nations granted the Jews the land of Palestine after the horrible deeds of Hitler and WWII.
But I might not be right.

You are not right.

Let's look at this.

"I will make them into one nation in the land, upon the mountains of Israel, and one king will be a king for them all; they will no longer be two nations, and they will no longer be divided into two kingdoms."

Taken literally, there is no king in Israel.

Taken somewhat metaphorically... the fact that there are so many millions of Jews who are not in Israel represents the fact that we're still divided. We're still in exile.

"I will gather them from all around and I will bring them to their soil" Meanwhile, 5,275,000 Jews live in the United States... nearly the same amount of Jews living in Israel.

"My servant David will be king over them, and there will be one shepherd for all of them; they will follow My ordinances and keep My decrees and fulfill them."

Talk to Caladan and he'll tell you just how non-religious most Israelis are. You can't hope to suggest that this has been fulfilled.

"and I will place My Sanctuary among them forever" There has not yet been a third Temple in Jerusalem. The Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque are in the way.

Messianic prophecy has certainly not been fulfilled... and it doesn't help to just throw a few random phrases together out of context, and claim that it was fulfilled by someone 1900 years before the fact.... when it hasn't even been fulfilled at all.

free spirit

TO SALTANDLIGHT

"and I will place My Sanctuary among them forever" There has not yet been a third Temple in Jerusalem. The Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque are in the way.
this is the tipical walk in the flesh of the present day juws, they do not believe that the third temple is the body of Christ. John 2:19 to 21, "jesus aswered and said to them, destroy this temple, and in three days i will raise it up. the jews therefore said, it took fourty-six years to build this temple, and will you raise it up in three days? but he was speaking of the temple of his body."

The apostle Peter clearly confirms that this Earth is temporary, by giving no lasting value to this Earth and the things in it, for we read in 2nd Peter 3 – 10 to 14, “But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the Earth and its works will be burned up. Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, on account of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning with intense heat! But according to his promise we are looking for new Heavens and a new Earth, in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by him in peace, spotless and blameless.”

If you understand what the Apostle Peter is saying, you will also realise that what the “Jews” are doing in order to physically possess a piece of real estate, has nothing to do with God, but has a lot to do with a misconceived fleshly ideology, borne from the misinterpretation of God’s word, which is instrumental to them for making claim of a Divine right to that land. (The same fleshly misinterpretations, that lead their unbelieving forefathers to have the Lord of glory executed, and the early Christians persecuted.) As I said before the Holy Spirit filled Christians ought to have a better understanding of God’s word, through the New Testament, and also through the explanations that it contains of the Old Testament. Hence we should confidently acknowledge that because we are in Christ, we are the spiritual Jews; but unlike the fleshly Jews, we have no desire to go and live in Palestine at the expense and displacement of innocent people. For if God meant for that land to belong to the “Jews,” he (God) had only to prosper his people in that land, without bloodshed or theft of that land.

However the only good thing or bad thing (depending on your point of view) that eventually will come out of the enlarged fleshly Jewish state is the eventual rebuilding of the Jewish temple, of which the “Jews” make no secret of wanting to do. (But to rebuild the Jewish temple, a thirteen hundreds year old mosque has to be demolished, can you imagine the Muslims’ anger and upheaval in the world that its forced demolition will cause. It may well-be the trigger that begins the great tribulations foretold in the book of revelation.) But the zealous “Jews,” with the support of the sympathising Christians will some how get their way, because religious groups can influence the rulers of the day. Remember Pilate the Roman governor, and how he was forced to abandon the obvious “righteous judgement” in order to please them.

And so one day they will rebuild the temple, which in turn will lead to the revelation of the false Christ: (or antichrist, the beast who’s number is that of a man; and his number is six hundred and sixty-six.) The false Christ will be received as the messiah by the fleshly Jews, because as you know the fleshly Jews are still waiting for the Christ, and he will display himself in the rebuilt temple as being God, “having great power” he will deceive many of the sympathising Christians, even the elect if it were possible. And by what I hear preached in the Pentecostal churches, and by the televangelists, the deception of gullible Christians and the world has already began.

AK4

Your god 's name must be Baalzebub, who can be killed like a fly with the slept of a hand. In Hebrew the name Baalzebub means god of the flies. Now, that your god has been killed again, why don't you accept the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? That's your chance.

Heya ben remember me? lol. I wont hold my breath for an answer back but any way, thats funny that you take what Jesus used against your pharisees and scribes.

Anyway you ask freespirit to accept the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob why dont you do the same. Dont you know that Jesus is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

So why dont you accept Him? Thats your chance.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Out of curiosity...after accusing each other of not worshipping the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, are any of you going to offer objective proof to each other that your God is indeed the Abrahamic God? Or are you just going to spew scripture verses at each other and hope for a result? This exercise seems largely pointless to me.

free spirit

Out of curiosity...after accusing each other of not worshipping the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, are any of you going to offer objective proof to each other that your God is indeed the Abrahamic God? Or are you just going to spew scripture verses at each other and hope for a result? This exercise seems largely pointless to me.

I do appreciate your curiosity, so I will let an apostle of God answer you, for we read in 1 Corinthians 1: 18 to 25,"for the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever i will set aside." Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For indeed Jews ask for sign, and Greeks search for wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness. but to those who are the called the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men."
So I ask you; were do you fit in the above picture? Because you like it or not you are included in the above story.

Last edited:

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
I do appreciate your curiosity, so I will let an apostle of God answer you, for we read in 1 Corinthians 1: 18 to 25,"for the word of the cross is to those who are perishing foolishness but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written, "I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and the cleverness of the clever i will set aside." Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For indeed Jews ask for sign, and Greeks search for wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block, and to Gentiles foolishness. but to those who are the called the power of God and the wisdom of God. Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men."
So I ask you; were do you fit in the above picture? Because you like it or not you are included in the above story.

Well you are indeed right that I view the "Word of God" as foolish. And I obviously fit in with those who perish (if your Scripture is anything to go by). [Oh, and did I not call the use of Scripture to "objectively" prove this?]

What is your objective proof that what is written in the Bible is accurate from cover-to-cover? The "apostle of God" hasn't really answered that :confused:.

free spirit

Well you are indeed right that I view the "Word of God" as foolish. And I obviously fit in with those who perish (if your Scripture is anything to go by). [Oh, and did I not call the use of Scripture to "objectively" prove this?]

What is your objective proof that what is written in the Bible is accurate from cover-to-cover? The "apostle of God" hasn't really answered that :confused:.

Without faith is impossible to discover God, first you must believe that he is. Like the inventor he must believe that his work will give fruit otherwise he would not do that work and invest that money.
Look around you, do you really think that we have evolved from some chemical soup? And that this planed is so perfectly balanced to sustain life by mare chance. I see that a complicate organism always goes back in a short time to earth and not the other way around.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
free spirit said:
Without faith is impossible to discover God, first you must believe that he is. Like the inventor he must believe that his work will give fruit otherwise he would not do that work and invest that money.
Look around you, do you really think that we have evolved from some chemical soup? And that this planed is so perfectly balanced to sustain life by mare chance. I see that a complicate organism always goes back in a short time to earth and not the other way around.

First, faith isn't objective. Lots of other religious people have faith, but not faith in YOUR God - the Christian God. If faith were objective, all theists would worship the same God.

Secondly, the requirement that one needs faith in order to believe is rather circular. "In order to believe in God, you must believe in God already". There are lots of things that we can not believe in but once we examine the evidence, we can come to the same conclusion. Lots of people disagree with the theory of evolution. Yet many - when they saw the evidence - were convinced, despite their preconceived notions. That's the importance of objective evidence in order to prove a claim. I'm not asking you to prove your God as even I think this is an impossible task. I'm asking you to offer objective evidence - historical happenings, fulfilled prophecies, etc. that what is in the Bible is correct. Ideally, you'll demonstrate to me that the entire Bible is factual. At best, I think you may only be able to demonstrate a few incidences of objective, verifiable fact. But you may prove me wrong. I love being proven wrong.

Thirdly, the inventor has evidence that his work will "give fruit". The inventor understands the scientific concepts behind his/her machine and can testify that theoretically it should work. We do not have such evidence for the concept of deities.

Fourthly, yes, not only do I believe life originated from a chemical soup and subsequently evolved, the important thing is, I have objective evidence of those claims.

Fifth, life is not sustained by "mere chance".

Sixth, the other way around? The Earth goes to the complicated organism? Maybe I'm misreading you. That makes no sense.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben Masada

Heya ben remember me? lol. I wont hold my breath for an answer back but any way, thats funny that you take what Jesus used against your pharisees and scribes.

Anyway you ask freespirit to accept the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob why dont you do the same. Dont you know that Jesus is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?

So why dont you accept Him? Thats your chance.

Hey Gordito, and you have returned with the same Greek Mythology. Some people never change. While you are talking about a demigod, I am talking about the Incorporeal Spirit that God is. No wonder Jesus himself said that Gentiles worship what they do not understand, while we Jews understand what we worship. Why? Because God is Spirit incorporeal, and not in the flesh. No wonder salvation is of the Jews. (John 4:22-24)

free spirit

First, faith isn't objective. Lots of other religious people have faith, but not faith in YOUR God - the Christian God. If faith were objective, all theists would worship the same God.
No, the Devil also believe, and faith is the beginning of wisdom; it is only the beginning.
Worshiping is another matter, because worshiping is based on obedience, so you must have an intimate knowledge of him to do his will.

Secondly, the requirement that one needs faith in order to believe is rather circular. "In order to believe in God, you must believe in God already". There are lots of things that we can not believe in but once we examine the evidence, we can come to the same conclusion. Lots of people disagree with the theory of evolution. Yet many - when they saw the evidence - were convinced, despite their preconceived notions. That's the importance of objective evidence in order to prove a claim. I'm not asking you to prove your God as even I think this is an impossible task.
No, it is an easy task to prove that there is a God because the evidence is within each one of us, I am no special, most likely I am a worse sinner that you are, the difference between us is that I recognize the God in me, but you do not. So I can only point him out to you, but you have to do the rest, for conversion come from within one's heart. We read in Romans 1:19 to 20, "Because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." So you only need to dwell on the above underlined words and if you are sincerely searching for him you will find him, but most likely if you are sincere, he is the one that will find you.

I'm asking you to offer objective evidence - historical happenings, fulfilled prophecies, etc. that what is in the Bible is correct. Ideally, you'll demonstrate to me that the entire Bible is factual. At best, I think you may only be able to demonstrate a few incidences of objective, verifiable fact. But you may prove me wrong. I love being proven wrong.
Yes the bible was correct but thousands of years in men hands has corrupted some of it. but for a man like you I have just the thing.
We read in the book of JOB 26: 7, " He stretches out the north over empty space. and hangs the earth on nothing."
We now know that the magnetic North, or north pole has no land, therefore rests on nothing. And no long ago we discovered that the earth is hanging on nothing. JOB was written hundreds of years before Christ. Logically you must conclude that the person who wrote this has been in space, and he has explored the north pole.
On the other hand me, a man of faith believe that God revealed that truth to the writer. So now is up to you to come to a conclusion.
Thirdly, the inventor has evidence that his work will "give fruit". The inventor understands the scientific concepts behind his/her machine and can testify that theoretically it should work. We do not have such evidence for the concept of deities.
Yes theoretically we have, for many have testified that there is a God.
Fourthly, yes, not only do I believe life originated from a chemical soup and subsequently evolved, the important thing is, I have objective evidence of those claims.
Darwin theory is only a theory, professing to be wise they became fools.
Fifth, life is not sustained by "mere chance".
Earth is finely balanced to sustain life, I believe God is in controll for it to be so.
Sixth, the other way around? The Earth goes to the complicated organism? Maybe I'm misreading you. That makes no sense.
you believe that life originated from a chemical soup, which evolved into a very complex organism. I do not belive that lie.
Man takes from the earth and build complicate machinery, then he abandon the machinery anywhere on the planet and in time the earth will reclaim it back.
So God created man from the earth and in time man goes back were he came from. We may negate the truth, but we cannot escape from the truth.

Last edited:

free spirit

TO BEN MASADA

Your god 's name must be Baalzebub, who can be killed like a fly with the slept of a hand. In Hebrew the name Baalzebub means god of the flies. Now, that your god has been killed again, why don't you accept the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? That's your chance.
You are so arrogant that you think than even blasphemy is of no consequence to you, I came to you to share the good news of the gospel, in which God's holiness is given among man of good will, but you who are stiff necked and uncircumcised in heart you are doing just as your fathers did. The blasphemy cannot be forgiven, therefore may God have mercy upon your soul.

Last edited:

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
No, the Devil also believe, and faith is the beginning of wisdom; it is only the beginning.
Worshiping is another matter, because worshiping is based on obedience, so you must have an intimate knowledge of him to do his will.

Indeed. And theists of other religions have "intimate knowledge" of their god(s) to do his will. How is your any different? What makes Christianity more justified than - say - Hinduism?

No, it is an easy task to prove that there is a God because the evidence is within each one of us, I am no special, most likely I am a worse sinner that you are, the difference between us is that I recognize the God in me, but you do not. So I can only point him out to you, but you have to do the rest, for conversion come from within one's heart. We read in Romans 1:19 to 20, "Because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world his invisible attributes, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." So you only need to dwell on the above underlined words and if you are sincerely searching for him you will find him, but most likely if you are sincere, he is the one that will find you.

Indeed, I'm wondering how "invisible attributes" can be "clearly seen". Objectively, at that. I was a Christian early in my life. I was truly searching for God then. Why didn't I find God? In fact, the reason I am atheist is because I couldn't find God nor him me.

Yes the bible was correct but thousands of years in men hands has corrupted some of it. but for a man like you I have just the thing.
We read in the book of JOB 26: 7, " He stretches out the north over empty space. and hangs the earth on nothing."
We now know that the magnetic North, or north pole has no land, therefore rests on nothing. And no long ago we discovered that the earth is hanging on nothing. JOB was written hundreds of years before Christ. Logically you must conclude that the person who wrote this has been in space, and he has explored the north pole.
On the other hand me, a man of faith believe that God revealed that truth to the writer. So now is up to you to come to a conclusion.

The magnetic north pole moves over land and sea. So in this case, the Bible is actually wrong. Currently, it's near Ellesmere Island, Nunavut, Canada. It is currently moving towards Russia. The magnetic north pole is the spot where the dip of the magnetic field is 90 degrees. So you've actually given me an instance of the Bible being wrong.

And next, you don't have to view the Earth from space to know it's round. We knew the Earth is round long before we ever travelled space, thanks to efforts of circumnavigation and mathematical calculations. So no, it's not logical to conclude the author observed this from space in order to discern the Earth "hangs on nothing".

Furthermore, one only has to look at the Sun, Moon, stars, and other planets and observe they "hang on nothing" either. Why would Earth be the only body that has to be tethered to Heaven via a strong rope? You've give me one instance where the Bible was dead wrong and another that is easy to demonstrate that it's logically unsound.

Yes theoretically we have, for many have testified that there is a God.

And what of those who haven't? And those who have testified of other gods? Do they not count? Because surely they are way more numerous.

Darwin theory is only a theory, professing to be wise they became fools.

A theory that has undergone numerous and repeated tests, fulfilled predictions, and has not yet come across a single impediment. It's the bedrock of modern biology.

So humour me. How is evolution foolish? What is your evidence to debunk it?

Earth is finely balanced to sustain life, I believe God is in controll for it to be so.

No. It isn't. Through evolution, we adapt to the conditions already present on Earth. If the Earth is finely tuned to support life - specifically human life - why are we running out of resources? Why is overpopulation a problem? Why is pollution a problem? Why are vast tracts of the Earth uninhabitable? Why do humans need to construct technologies to make living in remote places possible? Surely a perfect God who made designed a planet suited for life would have foresaw all those issues and inserted mechanisms to counteract them.

Furthermore, even if God created life with the purpose of doing - God knows what - with humans specifically, why would he waste so much in creating the rest of the universe when we have no hopes of exploring very far beyond our cosmic backyard? Indeed, why is the universe so unforgiving and harsh and perfectly unsuitable?

you believe that life originated from a chemical soup, which evolved into a very complex organism. I do not belive that lie.
Man takes from the earth and build complicate machinery, then he abandon the machinery anywhere on the planet and in time the earth will reclaim it back.
So God created man from the earth and in time man goes back were he came from. We may negate the truth, but we cannot escape from the truth.

How is it a lie? What is your evidence to determine it is a lie?

As for the rest, I agree (minus the God creating us part). We are made of chemicals that made up something else. And when we die, there is nothing and those chemicals get recycled back into the Earth. I don't know what this "truth" you speak of is, but I have still yet to see any evidence to support it.

Ben Masada

TO BEN MASADA

You are so arrogant that you think than even blasphemy is of no consequence to you, I came to you to share the good news of the gospel, in which God's holiness is given among man of good will, but you who are stiff necked and uncircumcised in heart you are doing just as your fathers did. The blasphemy cannot be forgiven, therefore may God have mercy upon your soul.

I am not a Christian. So, whatever I say is not blasphemy. Blasphemy would be if you as a Christian said what I say. I don't believe in your trinitarian god. It does not mean anything to me. My God is the same as the God of Jesus. An absolutely One and unique God. And incorporeal for that matter. No wonder Jesus said that you Gentiles worship what you do not understand, while we Jews understand what we worship. Why? Because we worship in spirit what is pure Spirit. Read John 4:22-24. And that's why salvation is of the Jews. Mind you that I am not saying anything out of the top of my head but reminding you of what Jesus said.

free spirit

Indeed. And theists of other religions have "intimate knowledge" of their god(s) to do his will. How is your any different? What makes Christianity more justified than - say - Hinduism?
Acts 17:27 to 29, "That they should seek God, if perhaps they might grope for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us; for in him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, for we also are his offspring. being then the offspring of god we ought not to think that the divine nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man." So as you can see no one is left out, because we all have and know that we should all live in that Divine nature.

Indeed, I'm wondering how "invisible attributes" can be "clearly seen". Objectively, at that. I was a Christian early in my life. I was truly searching for God then. Why didn't I find God? In fact, the reason I am atheist is because I couldn't find God nor him me.
Yes the attributes of the Divine nature can be clearly seen within your own heart. To feel that bitter you must have been very close to God, and you still are for we can abandon him, but he does not abandon us.
Read the parable about the prodigal son, and think about what the father said to his brother.
I believe you were like the son that stayed at home, now you are like the son that went away, and it is up to you to do something about that.

The magnetic north pole moves over land and sea. So in this case, the Bible is actually wrong. Currently, it's near Ellesmere Island, Nunavut, Canada. It is currently moving towards Russia. The magnetic north pole is the spot where the dip of the magnetic field is 90 degrees. So you've actually given me an instance of the Bible being wrong.

And next, you don't have to view the Earth from space to know it's round. We knew the Earth is round long before we ever travelled space, thanks to efforts of circumnavigation and mathematical calculations. So no, it's not logical to conclude the author observed this from space in order to discern the Earth "hangs on nothing".

Furthermore, one only has to look at the Sun, Moon, stars, and other planets and observe they "hang on nothing" either. Why would Earth be the only body that has to be tethered to Heaven via a strong rope? You've give me one instance where the Bible was dead wrong and another that is easy to demonstrate that it's logically unsound
Yes you have the benefit of the knowledge of this era, but Job did not. Everything is easy when someone teaches you.

And what of those who haven't? And those who have testified of other gods? Do they not count? Because surely they are way more numerous.
Yes to God they count, for God shows no partiality.

A theory that has undergone numerous and repeated tests, fulfilled predictions, and has not yet come across a single impediment. It's the bedrock of modern biology.

So humour me. How is evolution foolish? What is your evidence to debunk it?
Man with all the acquired wisdom and computers cannot create life, yes he can prolong life, also he can manipulate life. but he cannot create life of any sort, for life is sustained by the life giving word of God.
Men can discover and put together all the components of a seed, but that seed will not grow, because it lacks the command of the Word of God.

No. It isn't. Through evolution, we adapt to the conditions already present on Earth. If the Earth is finely tuned to support life - specifically human life - why are we running out of resources? Why is overpopulation a problem? Why is pollution a problem? Why are vast tracts of the Earth uninhabitable? Why do humans need to construct technologies to make living in remote places possible? Surely a perfect God who made designed a planet suited for life would have foresaw all those issues and inserted mechanisms to counteract them.
Do you think you can do a better job than God; well what can I say.

Furthermore, even if God created life with the purpose of doing - God knows what - with humans specifically, why would he waste so much in creating the rest of the universe when we have no hopes of exploring very far beyond our cosmic backyard? Indeed, why is the universe so unforgiving and harsh and perfectly unsuitable?
Well God created man to make them heir of himself, now he is selecting a family for himself through Jesus Christ, so we can rule the universe with him and for him. You will be able to explore the universe just by your thinking power, in the blinking of an eye. we read in ACTS 8:39, And when they came up out of the water, the spirit of the lord snatched Philip away; and the ennuch saw him no more, but went on his way rejoicing." also in another place in the Gospel Jesus got into the boat and they found themselves at that place were they intended to go; so I believe that we will be transported across the universe like we now send television pictures. Yes I am no normal I know.

How is it a lie? What is your evidence to determine it is a lie?

As for the rest, I agree (minus the God creating us part). We are made of chemicals that made up something else. And when we die, there is nothing and those chemicals get recycled back into the Earth. I don't know what this "truth" you speak of is, but I have still yet to see any evidence to support it.
It is a lie because we can procreate only after our own kind, yes some are borne deformed and if they are able to procreate their offspring's are normal.
“Truth” in God’s eyes is not only that which is contrary to falsehood, but it is also a state of existence, therefore, the day will come when only “Truth” will exist in eternity. Then we can confidently say that“Truth” is a state of unchanging holiness, the essence of God to which we by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ have become partakers.

In John 14 – 6, Jesus said, “I am the ‘Way’, the ‘Truth’, and the ‘Life’; no one comes to the father, but through me”. Yes!
He is the “Way” because we must follow the footsteps of his earthly life = repentance
He is the “Truth” because he is the embodiment of unchanging holiness = God
He is also the “Life” because he is the eternal Word = life

It is fitting for the wisdom of God to sum it all up with this one phrase.
“God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Last edited:

free spirit

I am not a Christian. So, whatever I say is not blasphemy. Blasphemy would be if you as a Christian said what I say. I don't believe in your trinitarian god. It does not mean anything to me. My God is the same as the God of Jesus. An absolutely One and unique God. And incorporeal for that matter. No wonder Jesus said that you Gentiles worship what you do not understand, while we Jews understand what we worship. Why? Because we worship in spirit what is pure Spirit. Read John 4:22-24. And that's why salvation is of the Jews. Mind you that I am not saying anything out of the top of my head but reminding you of what Jesus said.
You are very selective of what Jesus said, remember he also said "I and the father are one" the trinitarian idea is only man trying to give a form to God, the body of Christ is his church, he deals with us incorporeal, so proof me wrong, try to put a body on this.
Because “Truth” in God’s eyes is not only that which is contrary to falsehood, but it is also a state of existence, therefore, the day will come when only “Truth” will exist in eternity. Then we can confidently say that“Truth” is a state of unchanging holiness, the essence of God to which we by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ have become partakers.

In John 14 – 6, Jesus said, “I am the ‘Way’, the ‘Truth’, and the ‘Life’; no one comes to the father, but through me”. Yes!
He is the “Way” because we must follow the footsteps of his earthly life = repentance
He is the “Truth” because he is the embodiment of unchanging holiness = God
He is also the “Life” because he is the eternal Word = life
please read post 516

It is fitting for the wisdom of God to sum it all up with this one phrase.
“God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Last edited:

AK4

Hey Gordito, and you have returned with the same Greek Mythology. Some people never change. While you are talking about a demigod, I am talking about the Incorporeal Spirit that God is. No wonder Jesus himself said that Gentiles worship what they do not understand, while we Jews understand what we worship. Why? Because God is Spirit incorporeal, and not in the flesh. No wonder salvation is of the Jews. (John 4:22-24)

Fat kid? LOL. Sorry no greek mythology here or "demigod". Thats dungeons and dragons talk there.

Yup God is spirit. Jesus is became quickening spirit. You say the jews know what they worship? Ha! Thats why you see all through the OT or tanakh or whatever you wanna call it how they didnt know what to worship, that they continously worshipped other gods and not the real God, Jesus.
The proofs in the pudding and "your own people" penned the writings showing how much yall didnt know what to worship. Yall were to worship the Lord your God and yall knew it then and yall know it now yet yall still dont worship the Lord your God. Jesus is the Lord your God.

Here's a couple of things the jews believe in back in Jesus' day

Immortal soul--
"And as Jesus passed by, He saw a man which was blind from his birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?" (John 9:1-2)

Reicarnation/transmigration of souls---
"When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that You are John the Baptist: some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets" (Matt. 16:13-14).

Hmmm well we see how you guys worshipped dont we?

Saying salvation is OF the jews is like saying salvation is OUT of the jews. Hence Jesus was out of Judah so there you have it and your favorite slogan fits. Salvation is out of Jesus, a "jew".

This isnt too hard for you now is it?

Last edited:

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
1) That Bible quote doesn't answer why Christianity is more justified than Hinduism. And using the Bible to show what is in the Bible is true is circular.

2) Except I recognize no father to go back to (speaking metaphorically). So no, I'm not like the prodigal son.

3) Yes, I do have the benefit of knowledge of this era. But that wasn't your point. Your point was that the Bible was correct. It isn't. So it doesn't matter if Job had this knowledge or not.

4) So if those who testify for other gods and others who do not testify for any god count as well, we have STRONGER evidence that the Christian God probably does not exist. This was your point. That theoretically we have evidence that belief in God "will work", just as an inventor uses scientific knowledge as evidence his invention "will work".

5) Erm...what does "creating life" have anything to do with evolution?

6) At designing a world that is more suited to human life? Yes, I think I can.

7) That still doesn't answer the question. You still haven't answered why God would waste so much matter in creating the universe when we can't even explore beyond our own backyard and we have a limit on how much we can see.

8) That's your debunking of evolution?

No. If there is a genetic mutation in an organism, when that organism procreates, it passes on that genetic mutation to its offspring. Indeed, the reason why we have such terrible bacterial infections and diseases is strong evidence in favour of evolution. The same applies to bugs.

Think of a population of bugs. You spray pesticide. A few of those bugs will be mutated (because of natural variation) and will therefore survive the pesticide. They procreate and all their offspring are now resistant to the pesticide. That's exactly how evolution works.

And what is a "kind"? Do you mean homo sapiens can only make more homo sapiens? Well, evolution is gradual changes over a long period of time. In order to make that statement, you'll have to account for the fossil record (australopithecus, etc) and the high degree of genetic likeness between humans and other primates. We cannot observe macroevolution because it doesn't happen within the decades that we observe in our short lives. It happens over millions of years.