• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

=Something Bad Jesus Did=

Ben Masada

All the good things that Jesus did, And you,[Mr Negative] try to make Him look bad.

Well, if not me, who? And if not now, when? At least, pulling off the negative parts in his life, I generate controversy. Tell me, is there any learning in the tit-chatting of common beliefs? I don't think so. In controversy yes, that's where all the learning is.

Ben Masada

Maybe he was trying to teach her that she and her daughter needed to join the descendants of Ya acob and start living as they did with health rules to prevent illness and suffering.

Way to go Elisheba! Behold! I liked that. It could be very true for all that I know.

elisheba

Thank you...remember he was a rabbi - teacher of Torah. He cannot be made to blame for bad translations or monk scribes with an agenda.

Vile Atheist

Loud and Obnoxious
Well, if not me, who? And if not now, when? At least, pulling off the negative parts in his life, I generate controversy. Tell me, is there any learning in the tit-chatting of common beliefs? I don't think so. In controversy yes, that's where all the learning is.

I love your use of the word "tit-chatting". Good show! :)

AK4

Quote ben

Quote: Immortality of the soul missed Israel in it's flight from Egypt to Greece.

Oh really, what do you suppose the Israelites where doing in those groves and with those asherah poles huh? Come on now

There is no such a thing as soul apart from the body.
That is true. Man only becomes a living soul when a body plus the breath of life from God is given.

When Israel left Egypt, thousands of goys took advantange of freedom to leave along with Israel. The strange element brought the Egypt Paganism.

Wow and this is mentioned where in the bible? Does not God say that it was the Israelites who “always err” from His ways? Did God tell them not to learn the way of the heathen that is among you or was it do not learn the way of the heathen in the lands they were about to conquer? hmmm

If I thought so about Gentiles, I would not bring to them the light of the Truth. At least, I do better than Jesus, who had such an aversion to Gentiles that he would consider them as dogs. Now, what do you say of this about your Jesus? But first read Matthew 15:26. He would even forbid his disciples to bring the gospel of salvation to the Gentiles. Read Matthew 10:5,6.

Wow so now your even better than He is? Talk about replacement theology! Now that word “dogs” in the greek the root word means a man of impure mind. Now that pertains to all who don’t know God. Now if youd notice He also did this to the Pharisees and scribes and the multitudes of the jews also. That’s why he always talked to them in parables “and without a parable He spake not unto them”

You have said nothing different from Greek Mythology.
Just as Jesus said you guys don’t even know your own scriptures. “Know ye not that you are gods”?. Where does it say in any scripture that God (the Father) can not make a God? Now we do have one where it says
Joh 1:18 - No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He (Jesus) has explained {Him.}

This is the only begotten God named Jesus/Jehovah Elohim/ Yahweh (or however you wanna transliterate it) came OUT from the invisible, cant be seen or heard God the Father. Why is this so hard to understand? And where do you see greek mythology in that? Show me please.

The only Scriptures that Jesus used to handle and to refer to it as the Word of God. Is there another one?

Come now ben. Think about it. You and I both know that the Lord will use His people to save the rest of the world, although you call it a collective messiah through the physical Israel, yet scripturally it is through the spiritual Israel of God. And yes they are called saviours. Now question—who is the saviour of mankind? God right? Yet He will use His Son and His saviours to this for Him yet God is still the Saviour of the world.

Now this shouldn’t be to hard for you—God the Father sent His Son to be the Saviour of the world so who is the Saviour?---God the Father through His Son which makes the Son the Saviour also. No different from the “saviours” in Obadiah being the saviours of the world working for the Son who works for the Father. So who is the Saviour of the world---God through His Son through His saviours.

Is this that hard?

Ben Masada

Thank you...remember he was a rabbi - teacher of Torah. He cannot be made to blame for bad translations or monk scribes with an agenda.

Yes, I do remember that Jesus was a Rabbi indeed. Therefore, he was also a married man, otherwise he could not be a Rabbi. Remember that yourself too.