• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Software Feedback Thread

exchemist

Veteran Member
Does anyone know why I can't see any of the pictures on the New Bug for Dan thread?

I used to be able to see them, but now they've turned into those annoying blue squares with a question mark in the middle. Do others have this problem? Are there any settings I can alter to view them successfully?

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Does anyone know why I can't see any of the pictures on the New Bug for Dan thread?

I used to be able to see them, but now they've turned into those annoying blue squares with a question mark in the middle. Do others have this problem? Are there any settings I can alter to view them successfully?

I don't see that thread. Where is it? I did see "Bug for Dan"

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
What makes you say that, specifically?
Well before the update there was more features. There was featured threads, trending topics page, new threads visible. After the update they're gone.

I'm worried that instead of these features making a reappearance, we will slowly lose more of the site instead. People be talking like we are lucky to have the site running as it is. What do I know though? Nothing, actually. Just trying to gauge the situation.

If the plug gets pulled on this site, I hope we all get a heads-up at least. I'm creating a discord account soon to join the RF discord just in case this site does end up dying.

Heyo

Veteran Member

I get that every now and then when the connection is slow. The page loads and the pictures time out. Sometimes they come back with a refresh.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not seeing annoying blue squares.
Let me fix that for you. :)
hqdefault (1).jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Please list any and all issues, feedback, and bug reports you may have. Everything you say here may help with the update and improve forum functionality.
I remember there was once a time when you could purchase a lifetime membership. Will that happen again?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Well before the update there was more features. There was featured threads, trending topics page, new threads visible. After the update they're gone.

I'm worried that instead of these features making a reappearance, we will slowly lose more of the site instead. People be talking like we are lucky to have the site running as it is. What do I know though? Nothing, actually. Just trying to gauge the situation.

If the plug gets pulled on this site, I hope we all get a heads-up at least. I'm creating a discord account soon to join the RF discord just in case this site does end up dying.

These issues are due to the software change, and they're hopefully only going to be temporary. The plug would have had to be pulled if not for the update, so the owners opted for the latter to keep the site alive.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
One of the owners gave a heads-up not to purchase any of these for the time being because they didn't know where the revenue would go. From what said owner told me, I gathered that those options were not put in place by the current owners.
It's fair enough to put a hold on premium purchases but I have to wonder what happens if someone not knowing this does buy one.

These issues are due to the software change, and they're hopefully only going to be temporary. The plug would have had to be pulled if not for the update, so the owners opted for the latter to keep the site alive.
I don't think anyone objects to keeping the site alive. If they provided an admin/mod with an official statement to post giving some feedback, even in general terms, on the list that was provided them and including a plea to have patience, I'd cut them much slack. Silence is not golden.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Tried this on the FAQ thread but perhaps it's better here...

Can somebody explain this new url format? I've noticed people posting links like this

But if I use the same tag structure with unfurl="true" in the URL tag, then it doesn't work:

When I post links, I just copy the URL and paste it into the link option. I don't change it in any way.

I had to look up unfurl https://indieweb.org/unfurl From that I'm guessing unfurl is not finding the metadata it expects.