• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Software Feedback Thread

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi, all!

As we have all noticed, the forum software has been updated. This update is still ongoing, and new features may still be added. The tech people are not done yet with the work.

Please list any and all issues, feedback, and bug reports you may have. Everything you say here may help with the update and improve forum functionality.

Thank you!

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
I hadn't had any problems except my frubals disappeared but that's a mild complaint. I do love we can rate convos now I've been wishing y'all had that for a while.

Last edited:

VoidCat

I now have a glitch to point out. Some screenshots I've posted in the past i can't view anymore on my phone. Let me test it see if it's just past pictures or if I could view new ones...

received_158792983653861.jpeg

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Two issues:

The logo looks awful with the new colour scheme

And when I go to the main page in place of where the featured threads were there is now an error message

VoidCat

I now have a glitch to point out. Some screenshots I've posted in the past i can't view anymore on my phone. Let me test it see if it's just past pictures or if I could view new ones...

View attachment 72481
Now I'll be viewing on my computer to test to see if I can view old ones or not there. Hang on.

VoidCat

I also notice the process for uploading photos is slightly different. Perhaps that is why. Now you have to press a button that says insert. Not a complaint just what I noticed.

edit: the same seems to go for old photos that others have uploaded. I cannot view them either. I wonder if i'd be able to view a new one someone else uploads

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Hi, all!

As we have all noticed, the forum software has been updated. This update is still ongoing, and new features may still be added. The tech people are not done yet with the work.

Please list any and all issues, feedback, and bug reports you may have. Everything you say here may help with the update and improve forum functionality.

Thank you!

The frubals are all different now. There's an "angry" frubal, so now we can express disapproval?

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
The frubals are all different now. There's an "angry" frubal, so now we can express disapproval?

The admins are deciding whether to keep that one. We have always deemed negative ratings contrary to the forum mission, so any such usage of the "Angry" rating might lead to its being disabled.

VoidCat

Many pictures are missing replaced with tiny icons. For example the Post You Pic 2 thread is all but useless.
Can you see the photo i posted on this thread? Is it just old photos that are missing or can you see new ones?

Twilight Snowflake

Crayon Evangelist
Staff member
In my opinion ...
(a) the banner is truly ugly,
(b) when quoting, the name of the person quoted is near unreadable, and
(c) I see no easy way to list or indent.

Why are we doing this?
What is the reason for our current actions?

We are currently engaged in an ongoing update, which is still in its most rudimentary form. We are dedicating our efforts to reconstructing the various components of our system. Unfortunately, we were unable to transfer any of the add-ons or designs during the upgrade due to a lack of support and compatibility with the new version.

The update was necessitated by the choice between updating or shutting down the forum. We believed that updating was the superior option, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Rest assured, we are striving to improve the situation.