• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Who Are The Adults Pulling The Strings of the Child Climate Change Protests?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Instead of being able to debate Climate Change, anyone who disagrees has to be silenced at any cost. It is akin to Blasphemy if you find yourself on the wrong side of the argument.

Marine physicist raises $500k to continue fighting university over wrongful sacking

You are forgetting that none of those countries live in a vacuum. They all depend heavily on trade. All it would take is for the Western World to unite and put heavy economic sanctions on countries that do not make a genuine effort to control their own carbon emissions. One country on its own will be rather ineffective. This is already recognized. That is why there are international AGW pacts. Weak now, but they will get stronger over the years.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.
Who are the one's telling children they have no hope or future because they are all going to die soon due to climate change?

They're called scientists and the conclusion is conditional on the world continuing under react a very serious threat.

Climate change denial is every bit as stupid as flat-earthism and far, far more dangerous. It really is about time the deniers acted half as mature as these kids.

Notanumber

A Free Man
If we was able to stop all poliution right now, today, it still would take 40 years before the real evidence show it self in a lot better air and water quality. Because the excess Co2 will be in the atmosphere for many many years, before the planet would be able to prosess it

CO2 is a great airborne fertilizer which, as its concentrations rise, causes additional plant growth and causes plants to need less water. Without CO2 there would be no life (food) on Earth. The 120 ppm of CO2 added to the atmosphere since the start of the industrial revolution has caused an average increase in worldwide plant growth of over 12 percent and of 18 percent for trees.

Pollution Myths - CO2 is NOT a Pollutant or Air Pollution - It's the Breath of Life

Home

CO2 Science

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
CO2 is a great airborne fertilizer which, as its concentrations rise, causes additional plant growth and causes plants to need less water. Without CO2 there would be no life (food) on Earth. The 120 ppm of CO2 added to the atmosphere since the start of the industrial revolution has caused an average increase in worldwide plant growth of over 12 percent and of 18 percent for trees.

Pollution Myths - CO2 is NOT a Pollutant or Air Pollution - It's the Breath of Life

Home

CO2 Science
Yes, the planet do need Co2, But not the extra we human beings produced by fossil fuel, and by industries like coal that are still used. What the Co2 climate scientists speak about is the excess above normal levels.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes, the planet do need Co2, But not the extra we human beings produced by fossil fuel, and by industries like coal that are still used. What the Co2 climate scientists speak about is the excess above normal levels.

A normal greenhouse effect is needed for us to live on the planet, but when it become excess amount of Co2 this hurt our planet and make climate warm up to fast

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
If we was able to stop all poliution right now, today, it still would take 40 years before the real evidence show it self in a lot better air and water quality. Because the excess Co2 will be in the atmosphere for many many years, before the planet would be able to prosess it

Scientists are working on new ways to pull Co2 from the atmosphere.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

Home

CO2 Science
Water is needed every day too. It could never harm someone:

Woman dies after being in water-drinking contest

74x12

This Swedish girl came to NY in an expensive solar powered yacht. She's privileged and elite. I would love to see how many people could actually afford similar arrangements. Even if I believed that it was a good cause; I still wouldn't want to be lectured by her. It's a propaganda joke.

ratiocinator

Lightly seared on the reality grill.

:facepalm: Of course we need CO2 - it's about the amount in the atmosphere. This is a classic straw man fallacy. Nobody is suggesting that CO2 in the atmosphere is bad per se. This article is a perfect example of how the vested interests take in the scientifically ignorant.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Scientists are working on new ways to pull Co2 from the atmosphere.
I can't see that being done effectively. It would take a massive amount of energy to take CO2 out of the atmosphere. Better to bring production back down to a reasonable level and then perhaps use vegetation and other means. How would one physically remove it in a way that would make any difference at all?

Notanumber

A Free Man
@shmogie

I am happy to rely on what the overwhelming majority of scientists are telling us. So is Greta.

As for your concern that other countries might not follow suit, or that perhaps it's not such an emergency:

1 - Why is brinksmanship such a common argument, it seems such a needlessly high risk approach?

[GALLERY=media, 8863]Climate-hoax by icehorse posted Mar 9, 2019 at 1:15 PM[/GALLERY]

Is this what you have in mind?

icehorse

Premium Member
I can't see that being done effectively. It would take a massive amount of energy to take CO2 out of the atmosphere. Better to bring production back down to a reasonable level and then perhaps use vegetation and other means. How would one physically remove it in a way that would make any difference at all?

Agreed, it should be a multi-pronged solution. But vegetation is in fact one good way to pull out Co2.

icehorse

Premium Member
Is this what you have in mind?

I tried a couple of times to get the video going, but I couldn't get it to play.

In any case, from what I can gather, it's mostly a strawman argument. For example, I don't think that we can solve all of our problems using renewables. But what we should do TODAY is pour massive amounts of R&D dollars into fusion.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
Excluding persons who have vested business interests...
For the most part, the people who deny AGW are the same people who deny Evolution. Part of the problem might be that they believe that any day now, Jesus will come riding in and save all their good souls.
At first I was a little baffled as to why conservative Christians would be so firm in their denial of warming. But then I realized if you put a few things together, i.e., it being a GOP position, fundamentalists' strong sense of tribalism and loyalty, their history of distrusting science, and how right-wing media has painted it as a conspiracy to impose communism upon the world, it made sense. But it's still rather disheartening.

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I'm watching triggering & frenzied response from both sides.
Fortunately for all, I'm above the fray.
I didn't see her or hear her speech, so I've no opinion of it.
But I will say that young folk should speak up when they want.
IMO, "bothsiderism" is one of the main problems with modern politics.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Quite a bit. You just did it.
Then you misunderstood.
I'm not surprised.
Look at how angry your avatar is.
13992.jpg