• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

So Who Are The Adults Pulling The Strings of the Child Climate Change Protests?

Notanumber

A Free Man
Who exactly is using her, when it was her own wish to go to the meeting? She even travels by sailboat to get there so she would not use airplane that pollute a lot

That stunt caused more pollution than if she had flown over in a private jet.

Child abuse is not the way to win an argument.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

Attachments

• 5d42a9c8dda4c897398b462a.jpg
    5d42a9c8dda4c897398b462a.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 0

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Who sailed the boat back and how did they get to the USA so that they could do it?

How will Greta get back home?
The owner of the boat has a team that uses it, Greta was offered a place on bord from Great Britain to New York so she will be sailing back in the same boat.

Notanumber

A Free Man
Last edited:

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I answer your questions but you cannot bear to watch the videos in case they shatter your elusions.

Have they rearranged the deckchairs since this was published?

Crew of Five Are Flying To New York To Bring Greta’s Boat Back!

Try reading the comments.
I am not afraid of getting my views of environmental topics shattered. and i did watch the video
It is sad if they flew a new crew to take her back, but she still has her words in truth, Greta does travel with as little pollution as possible.

Why am i not afraid to get my views shattered? because i know that the world is polluted and many people do as best they can to solve the problem, instead of sitting at home not seeing what happens to the world around us and not doing something about it. or even ignore the signs

Environmental work is very important

Notanumber

A Free Man
I am not afraid of getting my views of environmental topics shattered. and i did watch the video
It is sad if they flew a new crew to take her back, but she still has her words in truth, Greta does travel with as little pollution as possible.

Why am i not afraid to get my views shattered? because i know that the world is polluted and many people do as best they can to solve the problem, instead of sitting at home not seeing what happens to the world around us and not doing something about it. or even ignore the signs

Environmental work is very important

I have no doubt that Greta believes what she is saying is the truth but that does not make it so.

I can safely say that Greta has caused more pollution from flying than I have or am likely to do.

CO2 is not a pollutant, it is vital for life.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I have no doubt that Greta believes what she is saying is the truth but that does not make it so.

I can safely say that Greta has caused more pollution from flying than I have or am likely to do.

CO2 is not a pollutant, it is vital for life.
How come you say she made more pollution from flying when she does not use airplanes her self? The crew was not hers, she did not order them to fly.

Your logic does not ad up

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
We have seen this for quite some time, this time it seems to have sunk to a new low and that is using children against "do-nothing adults" on climate change. Who are the one's telling children they have no hope or future because they are all going to die soon due to climate change? Who are the ones organizing these events? If these children actually believe the scripts some of them seem to be reading, what effects do you think it will have on them long term?
I will not debate or argue, just curious others views

This seems very contrived and overacted:

Greta Thunberg: "You have stolen my dreams and my childhood"

I couldn't care less if any adults were/are using children as marionettes, but I doubt it is the case with Greta (or any others), since such protestations by children might be the only effective way to get this particular message across - that we all will have to change our behaviours if we don't want to see some rather nasty effects of such in future decades and further into the future. In the UK, the age of criminal responsibility is ten, such that children over this age are supposed to know right from wrong. Any child these days, with sufficient curiosity, will be able to learn what the consensus of scientific opinion is concerning climate change, and hence might make up their own minds as to what the future consequences might likely be. Why are we surprised that so many children might be alarmed about their future, especially when so many adults are too?

We will have to come to terms with the fact that our messy nature as humans (in so many ways) will have to change because we cannot go on apparently ruining our environment (and our children's) or we will be punished by the consequences. So many examples of us doing this - space junk, plastics (and other materials) pollution, water pollution, chemical pollution, species depletion, climate change, recycling issues, etc. - such that for many, the changes necessary will possibly take generations. If we had contemplated recycling from much earlier - such that everything that we created via technology and science had a planned end in sight, and designed as such - then we might not be in the position that we find ourselves. But humans are just not that far-thinking (or have hindsight) - plus the fact that as individuals we don't have that many choices or much influence on others, especially those more wealthy or in power.

We will have to change, whether by voluntary action or by force, but how much many are willing to do so will probably determine the outcome.

Notanumber

A Free Man
How come you say she made more pollution from flying when she does not use airplanes her self? The crew was not hers, she did not order them to fly.

Your logic does not ad up

This is the only flight I have ever made, there and back in one day.

upload_2019-9-24_13-46-26.png

Try as you might, you cannot compare that to what Greta’s team have done so far.

So my logic does add up.

sooda

Veteran Member

View attachment 33130

Try as you might, you cannot compare that to what Greta’s team have done so far.

So my logic does add up.

Is that the only time you have ever been on a plane?

Did you know that California has reduced air pollution by 85% since 1970? I don't understand the resistance to clean air and water.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want

View attachment 33130

So my logic does add up.
Team? they are not her team, they only asked her if she wanted a ride. So the fault would be their, not hers.
She did not ask them to fly, she did not pay them to do the job for her, And no you can not twist this to be she bribed them to let her stay on the boat for free, they WANTED to help her.

Do you have a record of how many times she flew more than you?

Last edited: