• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Smart Gun technology. I think its time it arrives in the US without restrictions to the 2nd amend

Truth in love

First some information...

Here’s What’s Up With "Smart Guns" — And Why You Can’t Buy One In The US

I think this could provide a fairly practical solution, not affect 2nd amendment rights, and wouldn't restrict legitimate buyers further than what we have now in terms of regulations to obtain a firearm legally.

I really like the idea that such firearms cannot be 'borrowed' by other people aside from its rightful owner. It includes law enforcement officers at well as in cases of disarming the weapon cannot be trained back on the officer by a criminal.

I think that alone will reduce the repeated tragedy of mass killings by firearms.

What do you think?

Its at best a fair compromise that I hope both Democrats and Republicans can agree on at the table. I'm sure the public would appreciate a type of safety without a loss of rights for an individual.

Let's make it happen!
People can get the tech if they want, but to require it would be unlawful.