• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sleep With Me

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I have trouble getting to sleep, hubby closes his eyes and snoring starts. I usually lie in bed for a couple of hours (listening to the snoring and playing RF) until my eyelids droop and my eyes can no longer focus. Switch off the light and im gone. Five and a half hours later i wake feeling refreshed and ready for coffee.

I'm impressed that you feel refreshed after 5.5 hours! I need 9 to really be comfortable(but can function with 7-8). I had a roommate that needed 12 hours... She really wasn't lazy, she just seemed to mentally fall apart without it(there may have been other health issues involved).

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I'm impressed that you feel refreshed after 5.5 hours! I need 9 to really be comfortable(but can function with 7-8).
I was thinking the same thing. I used to get by on 5.5 or less but now that I normally get 6-7 on my four work days and 9-10 on my three day weekends I don't know how I ever got by with 4-6 hours on my work days for so many years. :(

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I'm impressed that you feel refreshed after 5.5 hours! I need 9 to really be comfortable(but can function with 7-8). I had a roommate that needed 12 hours... She really wasn't lazy, she just seemed to mentally fall apart without it(there may have been other health issues involved).

8 for me.

I had a family member though that would only do around 5.5.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
My husband struggles with the idea that he needs more than 5 hour of sleep a night... yeah, he can do it, but then he's cranky and feels like crap.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Was brought up on a farm, a 5:30 start was everyday so just got used to it. Hubby needs around 9 to 10 hours (or so he claims)

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
The telly!
Can't get to sleep at night?
I get up, make a tea, turn on the telly........ and a couple of hours later I wake, cold tea, noisy telly, and stagger to bed...... and sleep.
Done. Sorted.

Many years ago a boat's diesel engine at slow revs could send me so easily. I had a little trawler and a big old Lister diesel at slow revs was quite soporific. :)
After a long period without sleep, I found the pipe cot in the bow of a yacht pleasantly sleep inducing, and perhaps harking back to before born baby days with mum. But then I hardly lacked sleep on any yacht I have been on. :D