• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sleep With Me

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
You know, sometimes I get caught up in living in a four walled world where everything is safe and comfortable. All of my concerns are societal, and I allow myself to feel the stress of everyday life crush me under it's soulless heel.

And then I step outside...

All of that superfluous bull**** sloughs off the bone of basic necessity, and for a brief moment I can connect to that inner core within myself that wants for nothing more than a fire, a shelter, and enough food and drink to keep me happy. :) It's a nice reminder that all of our petty human concerns are just that - and in the grand scheme of things, they are just one ring in the tree of life.

I am an awful person in the morning.

It doesn't seem to matter a whole lot what I do, I wake up with that uggggh feeling, and it sticks. Though, occasionally I've wandered outside(if the kids aren't awake), and I don't feel so awful. Antisocial, but not terrible. Its something like what you speak of... an acknowledge of something deeper than the nonsense of chores and obligations... something real. And knowing I'm a part of it, and its a part of me.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Me too, so it is a good thing my husband is usually sleeping in his chair when I emerge from the bedroom.
I cannot even function for at least an hour.

An hour? Is that all?

My kids inherited my trait, too... The middle one has a summer program he's doing online, and its not working well. They want him to get up at 10:30.... and do school work. He just sits there and stares at the screen... I'm not sure his teacher(who is wonderful) really believes he's not nonverbal....

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I occasionally fall asleep on my back porch to the sweet sounds of frogs and crickets. Helps living in a forest.
Sounds nice..... Where I live is surrounded by trees and we have two decks but I cannot sleep on the decks because the raccoons own the decks.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
I never said I was chipper after an hour, I only said that I was at least functional. It is several hours before I am really awake and not grouchy. I do much better at night, into the wee hours.

I can actually function(because there's been too many times where I didn't have a choice, due to kids) but I'm a total jerk...

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I fall asleep easily enough from low dose meds, but often wake up at about 2 AM and stay awake from then on. It's inconsistent, with no defined patterns over the last 30 years or so. Listening to a sports game on the radio helps. I'm very much a morning person. The last 4 hours of any given day are not of quality for me.

It is an interesting topic.
I forgot to mention I take 20 MG of Melatonin every night. Infrequently I take about .25 mg of xanax, but only when I am so so strung out I need to be sure I fall asleep and stay asleep.

I am NOT a morning person. The only thing I like about morning is the stillness and the animals and birds on my deck.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I can actually function(because there's been too many times where I didn't have a choice, due to kids) but I'm a total jerk...
Same here, but for me it is due to work that I have to function.....
and due to all the cats and outdoor animals who are waiting for me to feed them. :rolleyes:

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Do you get cats in your face around feeding time?
Not in my face but all over the floor. :eek: It is like walking through a mine field until I put the food down and i have to put a lot of food down to make sure the younger cats don't eat all of Silky's food. Sometimes I put Busia and Atticus in the bedroom and I put Carl in the bathroom until Silky finishes eating in the dining room, but sometimes I say to heck with it and just put two or more plates down. Then my husband whines and complains that there are too many dishes to wash. :rolleyes:

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Not in my face but all over the floor. :eek: It is like walking through a mine field until I put the food down and i have to put a lot of food down to make sure the younger cats don't eat all of Silky's food. Sometimes I put Busia and Atticus in the bedroom and I put Carl in the bathroom until Silky finishes eating in the dining room, but sometimes I say to heck with it and just put two or more plates down. Then my husband whines and complains that there are too many dishes to wash. :rolleyes:

We toss our food all over the floor, and the cats scatter. I think @SigurdReginson likened it to a farmer spreading grains for chickens(there's a video up around here somewhere of feeding time). This way everybody eats... they seem to enjoy 'hunting' the cat food kernels, too.

Except Troy. He has special food for his bladder that's super expensive, so he eats in the bathroom where no one else can get it. However, being raised with the scatter feeding method, he is real disappointed at this, and it took us awhile to train him to eat away from his 'pack'.

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Usually after reading a chapter or two of a book. As of late though, it's been sleep with disappointment. The more I write, the more I begin to notice flaws in other authors and works that I once enjoyed.