• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sleep With Me

MikeF

Premium Member
How do you fall asleep?

Silence?

Noise?

What sends you to sleep?

Chiefly the need to sleep. Can sleep with or without noise, darkness helps but is not required. Interestingly I can no longer sleep in a car on road trips, at least not satisfactorily.

As I've gotten older, its less about getting to sleep and more about making it last a straight 6-8 hours without waking. If woken, getting back to sleep can be a *****.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
Yeah, I take a handful of pills, fall asleep quickly, they make me sleep for about `16hrs so I have two days worth of sleep so I only take them every 48 hrs and function on a 48hr day, but I do take naps average about 10 hrs sleep per day. oversleep the first day, undersleep the second day, its either that or be constantly depressed from oversleeping every day if i take the medicine every 24 hrs

Last edited:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I relax, ignore my constraints, wait and let my mind wander. It very much helps if the temperature is right: cool room and slightly warm covers. I don't like to feel smothered or to be under heavy blankets.

Once I woke up in a night terror, and it felt like a beast was on my chest clawing. I chose to believe I would be fine, and I went back to sleep. I was fine.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I walk on average 6km a day. Sleeping doesn't present a challenge to me, i go in to a decent sleep shortly after my head hits the pillow so long as I haven't had any caffeine.

Batya

Always Forward
How do you fall asleep?

Silence?

Noise?

What sends you to sleep?
Hard work, works like a charm for me :D But yes, I do like quiet, I lived a couple years of my childhood on top of a mountain in the middle of nowhere, and so I've always preferred quiet, with the nice addition of various night-time nature sounds.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I fall asleep easily enough from low dose meds, but often wake up at about 2 AM and stay awake from then on. It's inconsistent, with no defined patterns over the last 30 years or so. Listening to a sports game on the radio helps. I'm very much a morning person. The last 4 hours of any given day are not of quality for me.

It is an interesting topic.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Relaxing in the evening
A good shower
Not taking technology to bed
Being tired

and sometimes during a good massage.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
Honestly? I can fall asleep just about anywhere whenever I want. What's my favorite way to sleep? Outside, under the night's sky. If I can get a spot by a moving river or a babbling creek, that's even better. I also love the drone of frogs croaking. Hell... I just love being enveloped in the natural world in general, it seems. :D

Viker

Häxan
Honestly? I can fall asleep just about anywhere whenever I want. What's my favorite way to sleep? Outside, under the night's sky. If I can get a spot by a moving river or a babbling creek, that's even better. I also love the drone of frogs croaking. Hell... I just love being enveloped in the natural world in general, it seems. :D
I occasionally fall asleep on my back porch to the sweet sounds of frogs and crickets. Helps living in a forest.

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
I occasionally fall asleep on my back porch to the sweet sounds of frogs and crickets. Helps living in a forest.

You know, sometimes I get caught up in living in a four walled world where everything is safe and comfortable. All of my concerns are societal, and I allow myself to feel the stress of everyday life crush me under it's soulless heel.

And then I step outside...

All of that superfluous bull**** sloughs off the bone of basic necessity, and for a brief moment I can connect to that inner core within myself that wants for nothing more than a fire, a shelter, and enough food and drink to keep me happy. :) It's a nice reminder that all of our petty human concerns are just that - and in the grand scheme of things, they are just one ring in the tree of life.