• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sleep With Me

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
How do you fall asleep?

Silence?

Noise?

What sends you to sleep?

I mostly need white noise. I lucked out in that at my current place, the ceiling fan makes a solid buzzing noise; but otherwise I usually fall asleep with the TV on (I make a custom setting with brightness turned all the way down) and I play 80's-90's horror movies (yeah I don't know, don't judge me).

I have some Youtubers I fall asleep to, like Areal Flood Advisory (she does some videos on strategy games, but her voice is just very soothing and ASMR). There are some Youtube channels that are nothing but dark screens with thunderstorm sounds, which has become a new favorite.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
How do you fall asleep?

Silence?

Noise?

What sends you to sleep?
The telly!
Can't get to sleep at night?
I get up, make a tea, turn on the telly........ and a couple of hours later I wake, cold tea, noisy telly, and stagger to bed...... and sleep.
Done. Sorted.

Many years ago a boat's diesel engine at slow revs could send me so easily. I had a little trawler and a big old Lister diesel at slow revs was quite soporific. :)

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe
How do you fall asleep?

Silence?

Noise?

What sends you to sleep?

Also

cover10.jpg

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
I listen to white noise in the form of a car driving in the rain. Also, I cuddle up with a pillow and think about Shakti or a woman (not anything sexual, by the way).

This topic reminds me that I need to create a sleep routine and actually stick to it.

RestlessSoul

Two words for them. Doberman pinscher. :p

He goes wherever I go (at home of course).

Around the time I first saw movie The Omen, I used to take a short cut to my house, down an alley between a railway track and some rows of houses. Coming along the alley at night, there was often this Doberman, on it’s own, in the middle of the path. It always let me by, but the way it planted itself, it seemed to be guarding something. Probably it’s owner just let it out to pee before bedtime, but it scared me witless the first couple of times.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
The telly!
Yep. I need the telly. It has been on the blink, I mean literally, because it would go off and on at will, right in the middle of my Forensic Files...It is so annoying. :mad: I keep having to call the hubby to fix it and if he cannot fix it I have to try to go to sleep without it.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member
I tend to have the radio on now when in bed, mostly some talky stuff rather than music (being R4 in the UK), and sometimes I fall asleep while watching the TV - given that I hardly want to watch anything on TV now. I seem to have slipped seamlessly into the 'couldn't care less about this ****' generation. :D

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I have trouble getting to sleep, hubby closes his eyes and snoring starts. I usually lie in bed for a couple of hours (listening to the snoring and playing RF) until my eyelids droop and my eyes can no longer focus. Switch off the light and im gone. Five and a half hours later i wake feeling refreshed and ready for coffee.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
How do you fall asleep?
Silence? Noise?
What sends you to sleep?
Most of the time, quickly. When it does not come, it does not. But I do not worry about it. I know I will make up howsoever.
Silence, that is a problem. I have tinnitus. I hear two kinds of sounds all the time. Some time I rhyme with it to the consternation of others.
I still get to sleep, but I have forgotten what complete silence is. Wish I still had that with me.
A hot drink, coffee or tea. Normally these things act against sleep for most people.

Edit: But then, am I a normal person? :D

Last edited:

Marcion

gopa of humanity's controversial Taraka Brahma
When I feel sleep is approaching, I quickly freshen up in the bathroom, do a short meditation and drop off to sleep in an instant.

It is seldom noisy here, but if it sometimes is, I'll wear my noise cancelling head phones, drop off and remove them further in the night if I'm aware of them.

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

tricky question, some times it comes down to faith.. I do 3rd shift.. Avoid sunlight when getting here.. hope the weather doesn't crank to 90...

the schedule I have waivers.. sometimes I sleep right away when getting back, other times I wait till into the afternoon. I like to do it early, but end up slipping into later and later times

This week might have problems at first. I stayed up as long as I could on saturday, and drank too much coffee. So I ended up sleeping from like 6:30 p.m. to almost midnight, awakening at that time probably because that's when I'm supposed to be working.

Then I was awake from then until probably 5 p.m. on sunday. Then slept from then until 3.00 a.m. I woke up at midnight, but forced myself to sleep again, luckily. But I wanted to sleep again, into the daylight. That way I could avoid sleep deprivation for my shift.

Now I have been awake for 2 hours, it is about 5 a.m. I will go for an early morning walk shortly, and try to enjoy myself. However, I need to try and get a nap in before 11 p.m, otherwise I will be facing probable sleep deprivation at about 3 a.m.

I am drinking a coffee now, and probably should not have another cup after that. I am hoping to get a nap in 10 to 12 hours

Brickjectivity

Turned to Stone. Now I stretch daily.
Staff member
Premium Member
tricky question, some times it comes down to faith.. I do 3rd shift.. Avoid sunlight when getting here.. hope the weather doesn't crank to 90...

the schedule I have waivers.. sometimes I sleep right away when getting back, other times I wait till into the afternoon. I like to do it early, but end up slipping into later and later times

This week might have problems at first. I stayed up as long as I could on saturday, and drank too much coffee. So I ended up sleeping from like 6:30 p.m. to almost midnight, awakening at that time probably because that's when I'm supposed to be working.

Then I was awake from then until probably 5 p.m. on sunday. Then slept from then until 3.00 a.m. I woke up at midnight, but forced myself to sleep again, luckily. But I wanted to sleep again, into the daylight. That way I could avoid sleep deprivation for my shift.

Now I have been awake for 2 hours, it is about 5 a.m. I will go for an early morning walk shortly, and try to enjoy myself. However, I need to try and get a nap in before 11 p.m, otherwise I will be facing probable sleep deprivation at about 3 a.m.

I am drinking a coffee now, and probably should not have another cup after that. I am hoping to get a nap in 10 to 12 hours
Personal warning about my experience with a sleep deficit. I was sleeping in my car and thought I could get away with little sleep, about 4 hours a night. I lost my job, because I kept getting lost and couldn't count. I know first hand that sleep is necessary, and I hope you take your sleep seriously.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Yep. I need the telly. It has been on the blink, I mean literally, because it would go off and on at will, right in the middle of my Forensic Files...It is so annoying. :mad: I keep having to call the hubby to fix it and if he cannot fix it I have to try to go to sleep without it.
Go on. Bully your hubby to buy a new one. A 40" screen at least. :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Personal warning about my experience with a sleep deficit. I was sleeping in my car and thought I could get away with little sleep, about 4 hours a night. I lost my job, because I kept getting lost and couldn't count. I know first hand that sleep is necessary, and I hope you take your sleep seriously.
I do take it seriously. Back when I used to ride my bike to work 12 miles each way, I would often fall asleep while pedaling on the way home at night and I almost fell off the bike many times. I recall my having to say prayers to ask God to keep me awake just till I got home. I was so scared. Nobody should ever have to be that tired. Imagine if I had been driving a car! I used to fall asleep behind the wheel but I don't ever drive that far anymore.

I don't ride my bike to work anymore since I now work from home, so I do not have to get up as early so I get more sleep now. Now the problem is forcing myself to exercise more! I get in a routine where I exercise 1.5 hours a day and then something comes up whereby I don't have time and I get off schedule and then I give up for that week. This is a new week and I am going to get back on schedule.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Go on. Bully your hubby to buy a new one. A 40" screen at least. :)
The problem is not the TV set, it is the cable connection. We already have three new TV sets that are still in boxes, have been for years, a 32", a 50" and a 52." There is a story behind that but I am not awake yet.