• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Simple question': How are you?

A Vestigial Mote

"How are you?, "How is it?"
The colony of cells that is my living body is doing very, very well, as far as I am able to tell.

As to the mental/"spiritual" state of my mind - the colony of cells does not care except in very particular circumstances that benefit the colony, and only insofar as I am compelled to obtain what it needs. Otherwise I am left to my "own" devices. And I would say I do a fair job of keeping my "self" occupied and content.

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
The colony of cells that is my living body is doing very, very well, as far as I am able to tell.

As to the mental/"spiritual" state of my mind - the colony of cells does not care except in very particular circumstances that benefit the colony, and only insofar as I am compelled to obtain what it needs. Otherwise I am left to my "own" devices. And I would say I do a fair job of keeping my "self" occupied and content.
Analytical, mindfull and generous, he seems to do, the good Vestigial Mote. Mudita

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Actually I really am 74 which I know is utterly shocking to anyone under 50.

After all, I'm supposed to be wearing Depends and unable to use my cell phone let alone a computer or even remember how to put on my pants.

A lifetime of having to learn new technologies every few years working in computer jobs has kept my brain flexible. Now an active mental regime of retirement volunteering including use of my IT skills keeps my brain flexible and able to learn.

And good genes have kept my body in decent shape albeit not as good shape as I used to enjoy. Now I'm relying on various classes including Tai Chi to help retain and even regain a bit of what I lost due to age.
Good for you! I'm always kind of happy to discover someone here on RF who's even older than I am. I'm 70 and still going strong. I also have a background in IT and do volunteer work. My mom lived to be 96, as did all of her siblings, so I'm guessing old age is probably in the cards for me, too.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Being able to achieve that insight has to be helpful for your own emtional state.
It is, even though it's also frustrating that a pet rock can better reciprocate emotion. But my life has left me emotionally stunted, and my moms had it so much harder, legitimately far harder than what most people will ever fathom (she got to be told by the police and then tell her two oldest that her [first] husband/their dad was murdered on Christmas day, and thats just getting started).

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It is, even though it's also frustrating that a pet rock can better reciprocate emotion. But my life has left me emotionally stunted, and my moms had it so much harder, legitimately far harder than what most people will ever fathom (she got to be told by the police and then tell her two oldest that her [first] husband/their dad was murdered on Christmas day, and thats just getting started).
Ouch.