• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Simple question': How are you?

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
I just watched the movie Aniara, and now I'm super bummed. Don't see it!
It's a cause of well-being to abstain from watching movies and shows incl. news and the reason why one easily can say "I am doing fine, so I am fine currently as well". Good if giving such a try to get oneself better known and do not skip into what ever movies, stuck in them, householder Landon Caeli. And one wouldn't get bored if learning how to watch ones body, feelings, mind and Dhamma, when getting know the show and penetrate it more and more.

He would be the eighth person to be so. Hinduism already has seven immortals.
Krishna said:
"Mātrā-sparśah tu kaunteya, śītoṣṇa-sukha-duḥkha-dāḥ;
āgamāpāyinah anityah, tāṁs titikṣasva bhārata."
BhagawadGita 2.14
(O son of Kuntī, the nonpermanent appearance of happiness and distress, and their disappearance in due course of time, are like the appearance and disappearance of winter and summer seasons. They arise from sense perception, O scion of Bharata, and one must learn to tolerate them without being disturbed.)
Too late. I was catastrophically severely disturbed a long time ago.

But your message was still very good to share.

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you
Could you answer truthful here, without stress here or later because of it: "How are you?, "How is it?"

I am not, I only think I am. This is not me, this may have been me but it no longer is. Me ceases to be as long as I don't think I'm me.

Unguru

I am a Sikh nice to meet you
Well, Brahman Unguru, and how is he doing now? Is he doing well?

He is doing better than his master. He is also trying to find the 'not useless' out of the useless, he's still got some searching. He take long walks and meditates. I wish I could say the same for myself, but I am detached from whatever He is doing.

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
He is doing better than his master. He is also trying to find the 'not useless' out of the useless, he's still got some searching. He take long walks and meditates. I wish I could say the same for myself, but I am detached from whatever He is doing.
Well, Brahman Unguru. It's good to watch out what one is doing, since such "no-self" notions if not really grasped will not avoid that effects of ones deeds would fall back on oneself and can be really painful. Good not to follow such as the Uposatha of the Jains but better clean ones self proper, since this kind is not of much glory and rightly one could be called even thief. May good Brahman or ascetic be always aware of his doing and take it very personal till it really can be dropped. Nothing wrong with a good self-estimate and even if no more use of such still good to stick with conventions of speech. A honest notion of Self is very needed till reaching the other shore, to improve ones ways and as governing principle to guide. No problem and good if taking senses, there objects and all phenomenas around them not as real, lasting and refuge, not personal, but good to know that actions on them, wrong grasped, will continue the burdensome stream of wandering on.

Last edited:

Samana Johann

Restricted by request
I try to tame my paranoia. :)
That's great doing, are-ing, householder Syo. Maybe that here help even further, and reading Dhamma is also good, best, since assist in such undertakings:

Fear of others, by Ven. Thanissaro Bhikkhu (2003; 3pp./7KB) , transcribed by lay people for ZzE

This short Dhamma talk should give a small impression, how fear in daily live is actually self made and how preoccupations can determine our mind. The way to the path and the training according the Dhamma of the Buddha is pointed out as well, as how could one overcome this problem. This transcript origins from a collection of morning and evening talks and was shared on dhammatalks.org.

Freedom From Fear, by Ven. Thanissaro Bhikkhu(2002; 7pp./20KB)
Human beings have forever lived in fear: fear of change, of loss, of death. Unfortunately, we have also adopted a host of unskillful ways to deal with those fears. The author writes: "The most unskillful response to fear is when, perceiving dangers to our own life or property, we believe that we can gain strength and security by destroying the lives and property of others." In this essay the author describes the Buddha's prescription for overcoming fear once and for all, by uprooting its very cause.

book.gif
A printed copy is included in the book The Karma of Questions