• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Simple question': How are you?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
How mother and father might be, they could maybe answer, if asked. Now how is householder-daughter, putting both away what is not her, her business, not really under her control.
I hate my dad for doing that to my mom again. I tried to set things aside, and he did that. I won't forgive the same thing twice.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Howwho are you?
Me - doesn't change the fact my dad basically bragged to me that he hasn't changed once he got away from my mom (I have been able to develop a relationship with her - it's still rough but I've come to accept she has been emotionally very heavily scared by her own profound hardships).
I do feel better though having gotten to rant some. I really did want to set things in the past with my dad and try to have a relationship with him, but while he was visiting me his behaviors then are a part of the reason I remember so little of my childhood and have repressed so much of it. I can't even recall what age I was when my dad left and my parents divorced, but whatever age I was my dad made me feel like it.
It's a bit hard though, because my mom is definitely matriarch, with my dad really getting no respect as a family authority in family issues (he's stepdad to my siblings). And my brother and I tend to not like people treating our mom poorly or saying bad things about her. But it's very tricky, because I hate lying to protect others, I promised myself Im done doing it, and here my dad is forcing me into a position of keeping a secret I did not want to know or ask to know, and being honest causing a very bad situation.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Sure, although it looks like that? My person mother used to say when still a child and angry: "bite into your button" Maybe householder-daughter gives it a try. And then maybe she likes to answer.
It's more that, as you said earlier, it's not my business. I didn't want to know. Why would I even want to? But he dropped it on me anyways and wouldn't shut up about his queen the entire time he was there. Ignorance was bliss.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Because it wasn't, isn't for sure. Why asking if so? How are you now, Brahman SalixIncendium?

*smiles* Good and bad, as I see it my friend, are little more than constructs of the ego. So I'll ask again, why is contentedness not good? Furthermore, how do you know my reply wasn't "for sure?"

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Interesting question, as it's morphed from its meaning to a common greeting, meaningless, a cordial phrase. 'Have you had your rice today?' 'What's up?' In order to take it back to its original, one has to stare the person in the eyes and say it very slowly ... "How ... are ... you?

I believe the world is in a perfect state ... of evolution.