• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you think his prediction is close to the truth?

I think it relates to the whole world. It's called climate change and has happened many time before. The problem this time is the overpopulation and the exploitation of all resources. It could take a few 100 years or a few 1,000. The start is in plain sight.

His prediction is seasonal observation in America.

I really do not have much to say to people who's aim is to scoff at God and the Messengers. I am happy to leave them to a dillusion built of their own worldly mind.

For humanity to have any chance we need to embrace a mind greater than this material world.

When one reads what was offered and what would result from us rejection what we needed to do, the predictions transcended known futures and expected outcomes.

No one knew 2 world wars would take place before mankind attempted to make a universal effort to establish peace. In fact those predictions were laugh at.

I see God does not tell us of our fate in pristine detail, as that would take away a level of free will and God only wants our hearts by our fee will choice. But the future is written in Prophecy, that becomes clear when we find what God does want for us.

When a Faith loses its direction based in God's Will, then it is renewed, just like a seasonal prediction faith will be born, be nourished, grow, blossom, bear fruit eventually become old, barren and die to make way for the new.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So far all the End of times predictions have been wrong. List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia

But that won't stop nutters making more predictions. List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia

The problem is nature has a way of making these predictions true. List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia

These won't effect mankind, we will be long gone before these happen.

I think why we do not see these predictions unfolding is because we live in the here and now with our mind focused on relative worldly observation.

When Jesus talked about world conflict, a battle against light and darkness, no one had a vision of the early 1990's and a world war just about fulfil that vision. In fact the vision also had prophecy attached and had started to unfold only some sixty years earlier.

It is easy to say the predictions were not clear after the events.

Acrually I see if we do no learn from what happens when we choose darkness over light, we may as well not be here. Watching the news, that seems to concentrate on the darkest parts of our existence, there is no motivation found to be here.

Regards Tony

PAUL MARKHAM

His prediction is seasonal observation in America.

I really do not have much to say to people who's aim is to scoff at God and the Messengers. I am happy to leave them to a dillusion built of their own worldly mind.

For humanity to have any chance we need to embrace a mind greater than this material world.

When one reads what was offered and what would result from us rejection what we needed to do, the predictions transcended known futures and expected outcomes.

No one knew 2 world wars would take place before mankind attempted to make a universal effort to establish peace. In fact those predictions were laugh at.

I see God does not tell us of our fate in pristine detail, as that would take away a level of free will and God only wants our hearts by our fee will choice. But the future is written in Prophecy, that becomes clear when we find what God does want for us.

When a Faith loses its direction based in God's Will, then it is renewed, just like a seasonal prediction faith will be born, be nourished, grow, blossom, bear fruit eventually become old, barren and die to make way for the new.

Regards Tony
Since WW2 we've had a weapon that ensures no World War happens again. The Atomic Bomb. That's the reason and nothing to do with what any guru speaks of. Wars haven't stopped and don't look like they will. But they might get smaller because the little people who start them know they're on a hiding to nothing. Major Military Operations Since World War II

The danger of the US, Russia or China going to war against each other is small though.

PAUL MARKHAM

I think why we do not see these predictions unfolding is because we live in the here and now with our mind focused on relative worldly observation.

When Jesus talked about world conflict, a battle against light and darkness, no one had a vision of the early 1990's and a world war just about fulfil that vision. In fact the vision also had prophecy attached and had started to unfold only some sixty years earlier.

It is easy to say the predictions were not clear after the events.

Acrually I see if we do no learn from what happens when we choose darkness over light, we may as well not be here. Watching the news, that seems to concentrate on the darkest parts of our existence, there is no motivation found to be here.

Regards Tony
List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia

PAUL MARKHAM

But logically speaking, that does not mean that the Baha'i Faith made a mistake.

Just because others were wrong that does not mean all were wrong. One of us just could be right.
So give us an approximate date. Anything within a year will do.

I don't expect you to falter in your belief in Bahaullah. I'm only posting to show others. Such as hanging onto life on every planet in the universe. When we reach Mars and find no life there, will you give in or tell us because we found no life that doesn't mean it isn't there?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Another person believing we are in the end of times. So many made that mistake before. List of dates predicted for apocalyptic events - Wikipedia

As a Baha'i it is seen many of these events have happened. The refusal of humanity as a whole to embrace a message that would have saved us from the consequences of our wayward thoughts, has unfortunately opened the gates for further events, needed to reset a balance.

We have so polluted this world and so polluted our minds, that the balance of the scales will undoubtedly now topple bringing about a rapid change.

There is no timeline, but there will be more events to show change is needed, one of these events will again be Global.

It may very well be that the choice to use a nuclear arsenal. As America used them first, it may be that America is the next to face them.

Regards Tony

PAUL MARKHAM

As a Baha'i it is seen many of these events have happened. The refusal of humanity as a whole to embrace a message that would have saved us from the consequences of our wayward thoughts, has unfortunately opened the gates for further events, needed to reset a balance.

We have so polluted this world and so polluted our minds, that the balance of the scales will undoubtedly now topple bringing about a rapid change.

There is no timeline, but there will be more events to show change is needed, one of these events will again be Global.

It may very well be that the choice to use a nuclear arsenal. As America used them first, it may be that America is the next to face them.

Regards Tony
Glad to have you reading my posts. So here goes again.

Did Bahaullah get one visit from god and took it to mean he could write 15,000 tablets?

Is the belief of Oneness with god, religion, language, education etc. Tied to the best one currently around or Baha'ism?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Since WW2 we've had a weapon that ensures no World War happens again. The Atomic Bomb. That's the reason and nothing to do with what any guru speaks of. Wars haven't stopped and don't look like they will. But they might get smaller because the little people who start them know they're on a hiding to nothing. Major Military Operations Since World War II

The danger of the US, Russia or China going to war against each other is small though.

That is dilusional to consider no one will use the Atom Bomb again. After all America used it.

It.could be cyber attacks are designed to achieve the aim of shutting down the majority of American defences, just enough to allow an enemy to wreak havoc on America with America not have the ability to offer much defense.

America was also the first to use cyber attacks as a weapon. Q

There is an old saying, you reap what you sow.

Regards Tony

PAUL MARKHAM

That is dilusional to consider no one will use the Atom Bomb again. After all America used it.

It.could be cyber attacks are designed to achieve the aim of shutting down the majority of American defences, just enough to allow an enemy to wreak havoc on America with America not have the ability to offer much defense.

America was also the first to use cyber attacks as a weapon. Q

There is an old saying, you reap what you sow.

Regards Tony
We start using Atom Bombs then your end of times becomes fact. The only part that's wrong is anyone getting resurrected, going to heaven, becoming a spirit, etc.

Your notion of someone jamming the system is naive, examine the safeguards in place to prevent that.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Glad to have you reading my posts. So here goes again.

Did Bahaullah get one visit from god and took it to mean he could write 15,000 tablets?

Is the belief of Oneness with god, religion, language, education etc. Tied to the best one currently around or Baha'ism?

Baha'u'llah has said that whenever he needed to know there appeared in front of him the Tablet to which he revealed. But that is but one part, it is a big subject on its own.

Baha'u'llah offered.

"Thou knowest full well that We perused not the books which men possess and We acquired not the learning current amongst them, and yet whenever We desire to quote the sayings of the learned and of the wise, presently there will appear before the face of thy Lord in the form of a tablet all that which hath appeared in the world and is revealed in the Holy Books and Scriptures. Thus do We set down in writing that which the eye perceiveth. Verily His knowledge encompasseth the earth and the heavens.. "
Regards Tony

PAUL MARKHAM

Baha'u'llah has said that whenever he needed to know there appeared in front of him the Tablet to which he revealed. But that is but one part, it is a big subject on its own.

Baha'u'llah offered.

"Thou knowest full well that We perused not the books which men possess and We acquired not the learning current amongst them, and yet whenever We desire to quote the sayings of the learned and of the wise, presently there will appear before the face of thy Lord in the form of a tablet all that which hath appeared in the world and is revealed in the Holy Books and Scriptures. Thus do We set down in writing that which the eye perceiveth. Verily His knowledge encompasseth the earth and the heavens.. "
Regards Tony
Thank you for answering.

So when he needed to know. The other times he got nothing.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We start using Atom Bombs then your end of times becomes fact. The only part that's wrong is anyone getting resurrected, going to heaven, becoming a spirit, etc.

Your notion of someone jamming the system is naive, examine the safeguards in place to prevent that.

I have absolutely no idea what change will happen to convince mankind they need to change.

I think it is naive to consider that weapons are not being developed to carry out such an act of unthinkable terror. After all, that mentality produced an atom bomb.

Ever since then the nations have been on the path to be more war equipped than any other Nation.

Baha'u'llah made it easy before it all started. He gave the remedy before we started world wars. So he knew we would reject that offer so offered this as the next step.

".. The Great Being, wishing to reveal the prerequisites of the peace and tranquillity of the world and the advancement of its peoples, hath written: The time must come when the imperative necessity for the holding of a vast, an all-embracing assemblage of men will be universally realized. The rulers and kings of the earth must needs attend it, and, participating in its deliberations, must consider such ways and means as will lay the foundations of the world’s Great Peace amongst men. Such a peace demandeth that the Great Powers should resolve, for the sake of the tranquillity of the peoples of the earth, to be fully reconciled among themselves. Should any king take up arms against another, all should unitedly arise and prevent him. If this be done, the nations of the world will no longer require any armaments, except for the purpose of preserving the security of their realms and of maintaining internal order within their territories. This will ensure the peace and composure of every people, government and nation. We fain would hope that the kings and rulers of the earth, the mirrors of the gracious and almighty name of God, may attain unto this station, and shield mankind from the onslaught of tyranny... "

Regards Tony

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you for answering.

So when he needed to know. The other times he got nothing.

As I said the subject has many other aspects.

There is much written. This is one person's thoughts on the quote I posted in the last reply;

"... From this, Stockman identifies two processes of revelation: the one in which Bahá'u'lláh reads from the tablet that appears before him when he wants to quote the learned and wise, and the one that is already taking place in the revealing of the tablet in which Bahá'u'lláh wishes to place the quote. Stockman describes these two types of revelation as "one that comes directly from God and one that allows Bahá'u'lláh to utilize earthly sources of knowledge in a divine way."

Personally I would not limit it in such a way, I would be more inclined to read what Baha'u'llah has said about Revelation.

Regards Tony