• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PAUL MARKHAM

I have absolutely no idea what change will happen to convince mankind they need to change.

I think it is naive to consider that weapons are not being developed to carry out such an act of unthinkable terror. After all, that mentality produced an atom bomb.

Ever since then the race has been on to be more war equipped than any other Nation.

Baha'u'llah made it easy before it all started. He gave the remedy before we started world wars. So he knew we would reject that offer so offered this as the next step.

Regards Tony
Dropping two Atomic Bombs on Japan saved lives. Because the death toll would have been far higher if a conventional war were fought.

Having such powerful weapons has ensured the major powers don't ever go to war against each other again.

We do have weapons that are as awful and no one uses them. Chemical and Biological weapons. The threat of retaliation keeps those weapons from being used in World Wars.

The problem with Baha'u'llah method of solutions is they're unworkable.
  1. ■The oneness of God
  2. ■The essential unity of religion
  3. ■The unity of mankind
  4. ■Harmony of religion and science
  5. ■Independent investigation of truth
  6. ■The need for universal compulsory education
  7. ■The need for a universal auxiliary language
  8. ■Obedience to government and non-involvement in partisan politics
Are the above a call for one religion, government, education, language a call for the best one currently available or the Baha'is view?

Would one religion such as Christianity, language such as English and so satisfy Baha'is?

Obedience to government means no one can object to what the government decrees, even if it's lock up all Baha'is.

The biggest problem with this thinking is shown in the way other attempts of a one-world government have faired. Bringing together hugely different cultures, economies, people will fail. It's impossible to govern China and Malta or US and Yeman, etc. Having one religion, god, mankind, language, etc requires that.

On the face of it it looks like it was tried, Germany in the 30s and 40s, Russia for most of the 20th century for instance. There are other examples, N. Korea, Cambodia, etc.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Dates are really only uncovered after the events, sometimes they can be seen in the times just before the event. 1844 was such a foreseen date.

The end of World war One and the Battle of Megiddo was seen by General Allenby to be the battle of Armageddon.

The JW beleive world war one was that battle Eschatology of Jehovah's Witnesses - Wikipedia

What they do not know is that in that battle General Allenby had an order to save Abdul'baha, to which he did.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dropping two Atomic Bombs on Japan saved lives. Because the death toll would have been far higher if a conventional war were fought.

Having such powerful weapons has ensured the major powers don't ever go to war against each other again.

History also records that it was not necessary, the war was already won.

No person of any Faith can consider wholesale slaughter of innocence people acceptable.

That is why Baha'u'llah has shown us we are one people with One God.

Anything is possible, until we consider what Baha'u'llah offered is the path we need to pursue.

That is for all to consider, Regards Tony

PAUL MARKHAM

Dates are really only uncovered after the events, sometimes they can be seen in the times just before the event. 1844 was such a foreseen date.

The end of World war One and the Battle of Megiddo was seen by General Allenby to be the battle of Armageddon.

The JW beleive world war one was that battle Eschatology of Jehovah's Witnesses - Wikipedia

What they do not know is that in that battle General Allenby had an order to save Abdul'baha, to which he did.

Regards Tony
I'm pointing out the false prophecies of the "End of Times, "Armageddon" and you keep avoiding that claiming something else.

Who cares what the JW think on this, they have a history of getting it wrong.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm pointing out the false prophecies of the "End of Times, "Armageddon" and you keep avoiding that claiming something else.

Who cares what the JW think on this, they have a history of getting it wrong.

While you consider all is false, that is all you will find, that is confirmation bias.

We have to find a balance, look at both sides and then hold fast to what is good.

Regards Tony

PAUL MARKHAM

History also records that it was not necessary, the war was already won.

No person of any Faith can consider wholesale slaughter of innocence people acceptable.

That is why Baha'u'llah has shown us we are one people with One God.

Anything is possible, until we consider what Baha'u'llah offered is the path we need to pursue.

That is for all to consider, Regards Tony
You need to read better History Books. https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...&ved=0ahUKEwjR6e7t39DsAhUvposKHVK-AwUQ4dUDCA0

Clearly, you are wrong on this.

And on this. Japan would have kept fighting to the bitter end. They had already demonstrated a willingness to die rather than surrender, a willingness to lose high numbers of troops in trying to take a position. Invading Japan's smallest Island demonstrated te civilians willingness to die.

INVASION OF JAPAN? AMERICANS RECALL DREAD OF THE MILITARY AND CIVILIAN TOLL (Published 1985)

Even Hitler refused to give up and told his citizens to die fighting, then he shot himself. The war in Europe was all but over long before. Didn't stop the bloodshed and fighting to continue.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Sorry, you misunderstood me. I meant the "End of Times" or Armegodon, etc. Not a date we lived through.
Sorry I misunderstood you. Baha'is do not believe in a "End of Times" or Armageddon.

We believe that end of times means the end of an old age and the beginning of a new age, which was ushered in by the Bab in 1844. Moreover, we do not believe the world will be destroyed.

PAUL MARKHAM

While you consider all is false, that is all you will find, that is confirmation bias.

We have to find a balance, look at both sides and then hold fast to what is good.

Regards Tony
The End of times means. The end time (also called end times, end of time, end of days, last days, final days, doomsday, or eschaton) is a future described variously in the eschatologies of several world religions (both Abrahamic and non-Abrahamic), which teach that world events will reach a climax.

Then you get to come back because you've been a devout believer or go to the spirit world.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I have posted
You need to read better History Books. https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk016nR4Ia4uGygEesawzPF4AHKzHww:1603663440891&ei=UPaVX9GBNq_MrgTS_I4o&q=How+far+had+US+troops+got+in+invading+japan&oq=How+far+had+US+troops+got+in+invading+japan&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQDDoECAAQR1DUuAJYt98CYNL2AmgAcAJ4AIABkgGIAYgCkgEDMC4ymAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdpesgBCMABAQ&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjR6e7t39DsAhUvposKHVK-AwUQ4dUDCA0

Clearly, you are wrong on this.

And on this. Japan would have kept fighting to the bitter end. They had already demonstrated a willingness to die rather than surrender, a willingness to lose high numbers of troops in trying to take a position. Invading Japan's smallest Island demonstrated te civilians willingness to die.

INVASION OF JAPAN? AMERICANS RECALL DREAD OF THE MILITARY AND CIVILIAN TOLL (Published 1985)

Even Hitler refused to give up and told his citizens to die fighting, then he shot himself. The war in Europe was all but over long before. Didn't stop the bloodshed and fighting to continue.

Confirmation Bias as you will find just as many showing the war was over before the bombs were dropped.

Were the Atomic Bombings Necessary?.

I do understand that Americans would like to justify such actions.

I think America could have come In earlier and maybe not suffered the injustice of pearl harbour.

Again, all this just proves what Baha'u'llah offers was God sent.

Regards Tony

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

PAUL MARKHAM

How do you know that? You are basing your opinions upon what you see in the present and what happened in the past, without looking to the future and the potential of mankind.
So tell us how they can work. Don't just say a New Race of Man because that doesn't mean anything. What type of race, world, population, environment, etc.

What if science trumps belief, the government decide little faiths like Mormons, JS, 7 Dayers, Baha'isn are not needed

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

We do have weapons that are as awful and no one uses them. Chemical and Biological weapons. The threat of retaliation keeps those weapons from being used in World Wars.

The problem with Baha'u'llah method of solutions is they're unworkable.
  1. ■The oneness of God
  2. ■The essential unity of religion
  3. ■The unity of mankind
  4. ■Harmony of religion and science
  5. ■Independent investigation of truth
  6. ■The need for universal compulsory education
  7. ■The need for a universal auxiliary language
  8. ■Obedience to government and non-involvement in partisan politics
Are the above a call for one religion, government, education, language a call for the best one currently available or the Baha'is view?

Would one religion such as Christianity, language such as English and so satisfy Baha'is?

Obedience to government means no one can object to what the government decrees, even if it's lock up all Baha'is.

The biggest problem with this thinking is shown in the way other attempts of a one-world government have faired. Bringing together hugely different cultures, economies, people will fail. It's impossible to govern China and Malta or US and Yeman, etc. Having one religion, god, mankind, language, etc requires that.

On the face of it it looks like it was tried, Germany in the 30s and 40s, Russia for most of the 20th century for instance. There are other examples, N. Korea, Cambodia, etc.

So tell us how they can work. Don't just say a New Race of Man because that doesn't mean anything. What type of race, world, population, environment, etc.

What if science trumps belief, the government decide little faiths like Mormons, JS, 7 Dayers, Baha'isn are not needed

One of your posts contained the answers to which you said were unworkable.

I disagree and actually see they work on a global scale.

The more that see they do work, the more we move away from war and age old predudices.

Regards Tony

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Geez...

You STILL peddling all this bombastic Baha'u'llah "foretelling"?

The quotes you presented, are as always, so vague that it could mean lots of things during lots of time periods in human history. So typical of cult leader wannabes.

Ok, I'll give it the vague bombastic Bahá’u’lláh try at foretelling:

Soon a coldness will sweep across America and the trees will be barren of their leaves. Many of the lands creatures will go into hiding and fall into a deep sleep. They will not be seen again until the land becomes warm again after a season. And BEHOLD! There will be brought many deaths, and sufferings, and anguish sometime, someday, mark the hour for it to happen! I have foretold this on this very day!

I am afraid you do not know what the implications are, of making such statements.

Regards Tony

LOL!

I'm soooooooooo scared...

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Indeed. Setting up 'us versus them', or 'we're better than you, because we're newer,' never helps. Prejudices are slowly being eliminated, including prejudices against gays, which Bahai's work on maintaining, not eliminating.

Yes, most religions use such exclusiveness tactics to appeal to peoples ego.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Nobody except God knows all those details now. Why does not matter exactly what is going to happen in the future?
Science cannot thwart the Will of God, nothing can.

PAUL MARKHAM

One of your posts contained the answers to which you said were unworkable.

I disagree and actually see they work on a global scale.

The more that see they do work, the more we move away from war and age old predudices.

Regards Tony
List of ongoing armed conflicts - Wikipedia
Any slowing down of conflict has nothing to do with Bahaullah and his peace plan.

You failed to answer my points on the peace plan, you can now. How does one rule with government countries as different as China and Malta, US and Yemen, etc.

What one religion will prevail, Christianity, etc.

Christianity2.4 billion31.1%
Islam1.9 billion24.9%
Hinduism1.2 billion15.6%Secular/
Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist1.2 billion15.2%

What if science trumps belief?
What education system will we adopt?
Who will decide what is the truth?
What language do we adopt? English is the largest language in the world.
Obedience to government and dropping partisan politics? Does that mean no opposition to the world government? How closely did Bahaullah follow that one?

Don't bother to reply with a New Race. Because it means nothing. What kind of new race is a better idea.