• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Some people just can't take the competition. ;)

Speaking of competition, the Baha'i religion doesn't even make itself into the "Major Religion" category. With at best only 5 million followers worldwide, of a total world population of over 7.8 BILLION people.

Ouch!

PAUL MARKHAM

Nobody except God knows all those details now. Why does not matter exactly what is going to happen in the future?

Science cannot thwart the Will of God, nothing can.
So why do men keep telling us what's going to happen because of god? It's nice to know you don't have an answer.

Science has thwarted what men have written about god all the time. As you've stated god doesn't speak to anyone. even hs messengers can't tell us how they got the messages.

PAUL MARKHAM

Speaking of competition, the Baha'i religion doesn't even make itself into the "Major Religion" category. With at best only 5 million followers worldwide, of a total world population of over 7.8 BILLION people.

Ouch!
Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist 1.2 billion

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Baha'is can't even rival non-believers. We have them beaten by 1. 95 billion.
However, numbers really don't matter at all...

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member

Ouch!
In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

This type of argument is known by several names,[1] including appeal to the masses, appeal to belief, appeal to the majority, appeal to democracy, appeal to popularity, argument by consensus, consensus fallacy, authority of the many, bandwagon fallacy, voxpopuli,[2] and in Latin as argumentum ad numerum ("appeal to the number"), fickle crowd syndrome, and consensus gentium ("agreement of the clans"). It is also the basis of a number of social phenomena, including communal reinforcement and the bandwagon effect. The Chinese proverb "three men make a tiger" concerns the same idea. Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia

The converse of this is that if many or most people do not believe it, it cannot be so, and that is fallacious.

The Narrow Way

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

PAUL MARKHAM

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Just shows how few believe your message.

Unless you think everyone who believes is a god will get to the next life?

I believe when I die, everything gets switched off. It's hard to prove something that doesn't exist, doesn't exist. All that can be proven is the BS written about it.

Matthew writing to back up the myth isn't proof. Did he visit the gate?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Yes, most religions use such exclusiveness tactics to appeal to peoples ego.

I've never understood it personally. I understand it on a fan level, like in sports where one small town has a fake hate on for another small town's team, but that's all more or less in good clean fun. I think it shows a lot of insecurity, psychologically. Sometimes it's useful to know a person's tribe, just because you might want to know more about that person, or ask the right questions. But to have to look at everyone you meet as 'with me' or 'against me' that's gotta be hard on the psyche. You're suspicious of 'the enemy' all the time, and they're not even the enemy.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've never understood it personally. I understand it on a fan level, like in sports where one small town has a fake hate on for another small town's team, but that's all more or less in good clean fun. I think it shows a lot of insecurity, psychologically. Sometimes it's useful to know a person's tribe, just because you might want to know more about that person, or ask the right questions. But to have to look at everyone you meet as 'with me' or 'against me' that's gotta be hard on the psyche. You're suspicious of 'the enemy' all the time, and they're not even the enemy.

I do not see it being exclusive, we see all people go on to the next life. All Faiths have a path we must take to be more than we are, the best we can be.

I do see a progression of knowledge in that potential.

Regards Tony

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Just shows how few believe your message.
Why would it matter? A message is either true or false. How many people believe it has no bearing on that.
Unless you think everyone who believes is a god will get to the next life?
Not only do I believe that all believers will get there, I believe that all nonbelievers will get there.
What will happen after that I cannot say since it has not been revealed.

“Know thou that every hearing ear, if kept pure and undefiled, must, at all times and from every direction, hearken to the voice that uttereth these holy words: “Verily, we are God’s, and to Him shall we return.” The mysteries of man’s physical death and of his return have not been divulged, and still remain unread.” Gleanings From the Writings of Bahá’u’lláh, p. 345
I believe when I die, everything gets switched off. It's hard to prove something that doesn't exist, doesn't exist. All that can be proven is the BS written about it.
No, you cannot prove that, all you can do is believe that.
Matthew writing to back up the myth isn't proof. Did he visit the gate?
No, of course it is not proof, but Jesus knew about the narrow gate because God told Him about it.

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe
Yes, most religions use such exclusiveness tactics to appeal to peoples ego.

From that statement I believe that you have spiritually evolved to where you don't "get it" or need to feel "superior" to others. And I fully agree with everything you just stated. In fact that pretty much covers my thoughts on all this HATE being on the increase in America. What a soul draining way to live one's life.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
From that statement I believe that you have spiritually evolved to where you don't "get it" or need to feel "superior" to others. And I fully agree with everything you just stated. In fact that pretty much covers my thoughts on all this HATE being on the increase in America. What a soul draining way to live one's life.
OUCH!!!

Now THAT will surely make the self-appointed Baha'i "My religion is better than your na, na, religion.", weep.

I hope you understand that those thoughts are self projection.

Nothing offered here has anything to do with hate.

Nothing offered here has anything to do with my Faith is better than yours.

It has all to do with what is the truth underpinning all faith. None of us have that answer, so it is about where we choose to look.

Regards Tony

Ancient Soul

The Spiritual Universe

In argumentation theory, an argumentum ad populum (Latin for "appeal to the people") is a fallacious argument that concludes that a proposition is true because many or most people believe it: "If many believe so, it is so."

This type of argument is known by several names,[1] including appeal to the masses, appeal to belief, appeal to the majority, appeal to democracy, appeal to popularity, argument by consensus, consensus fallacy, authority of the many, bandwagon fallacy, voxpopuli,[2] and in Latin as argumentum ad numerum ("appeal to the number"), fickle crowd syndrome, and consensus gentium ("agreement of the clans"). It is also the basis of a number of social phenomena, including communal reinforcement and the bandwagon effect. The Chinese proverb "three men make a tiger" concerns the same idea. Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia

The converse of this is that if many or most people do not believe it, it cannot be so, and that is fallacious.

The Narrow Way

13 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 Because[a] narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

If it doesn't matter so much, then why are you so all in a lather over the fact that hardly anybody follows this Baha'i religion, that is suppose to rule over all other religions?

Does the fact that this will never happen bother you?

The Narrow Way

Why THANK YOU for finally agreeing that all religions will lead to destruction, and me, just one person, who has found THE WAY, will go on to everlasting life!!!