1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Bahaism be allowed to be practiced in Iran.

Discussion in 'General Religious Debates' started by Link, Jun 23, 2022 at 11:36 AM.

1. loverofhumanity

loverofhumanity Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,916
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    That’s the best advice you can give. To read the Books of Baha’u’llah He wrote Himself in Arabic. You will never get a truly accurate rendering of the Baha’i Faith from Baha’is or enemies of the Baha’i Faith. The just and fair thing is to read the original works of Baha’u’llah Himself then decide.

As to an attempted coup. That’s what enemies of the Faith say and so it’s noteworthy that you support a view that cannot be anything but false just like the fabricated hadiths against Muhammad accusing Him of terrible atrocities in order to thwart His growing popularity.

Still, in all fairness, whenever a person on RF has attempted to incite prejudice and hatred and spread false information against Prophet Muhammad and the Quran, I have, and I take Muhammad as my own witness, been the first to uphold and defend His sacredness, truth and integrity.

So if you find pleasure taking aim at us you are most welcome but know that whenever malicious attacks appear against Islam, we Baha’is will do our utmost to defend the truth even though you may detest us. It matters not. All that matters is God knows our hearts and whether we are evil or of good intention. And He is All Knowing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TagliatelliMonster

TagliatelliMonster Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +11,900
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Do you by any chance only get your intel from iranian and russian state owned media channels?
    It sounds like it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Link

Link Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,378
    Religion:
    Twelver seeker
    I don't mind hate. That's not the issue. I mind justifying oppression and working against national security of Iran and justifying oppression by oppressors by Quran and supporting Zionism through a messed up interpretation of Quran.

This is why it's national security. A Christian thinks we go to hell for not accepting trinity or Christ or whatever, we allow that to be practiced. We even have Christian delegates or representatives in Parliament as does other religions in Iran.

However, when you mix events (current) with interpretation that justifying harming national security and working against the oppressed people and giving strength and righteousness to oppressors hands against you, how can that be allowed. It's Jahr bel soo which Quran forbids and says doesn't allow that type speech to spoken in public.

4. Link

Link Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,378
    Religion:
    Twelver seeker
    So you guys are the only news now? Only source of info? But no, is the answer, documentaries made in US were also taken down by youtube and I got most of the info from intellectuals that are famous in US but not standards news.

5. TagliatelliMonster

Ratings:
    +11,900
    Religion:
    Atheist

...What you guys really teach I don't care anymore....

:rolleyes:

The "love" is just flowing from my screen...

Sheesh

• Like Like x 1
  6. Link

Link Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,378
    Religion:
    Twelver seeker
    Of course, do you pay attention to KKK racist philosophy and research it and hear it all day? When people justify oppression at the end of Colonialism and oppressors, yeah, I Don't care anymore.

7. George-ananda

George-ananda Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6,119
    Religion:
    Advaita and Spiritualist and Pantheist
    I think you have put some distorted interpretation on what they said. Bahai certainly respects Islam.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Link

Link Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,378
    Religion:
    Twelver seeker
    No, it's been a while I been hearing this, but never as extreme as yesterday from @InvestigateTruth and supported by @TransmutingSoul .

9. loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,916
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Link. The only truly accurate and authoritative information about the Baha’i viewpoints comes from the Writings of Baha’u’llah not individuals. We can have an opinion but we cannot say it is true unless it is written by Baha’u’llah Himself. So I would disregard any comment by myself or another Baha’i that cannot be supported by the Written Texts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. InvestigateTruth

InvestigateTruth Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,012
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    LINK, You should quote me in your OP

• Winner Winner x 5
  11. TagliatelliMonster

Ratings:
    +11,900
    Religion:
    Atheist
    To my knowledge, not a single "version" of islam is banished.

Plots to murder and hate speech intended to inspire/motivate violence are illegal yes.
    Whether these plots are made in mosques, synagogues, private basements, etc.

There are no laws against any religions.
    There are laws against terrorism, murder, crime,... and the organizing and plotting of such, regardless of the context they happen in.

To put it in terms you understand: you are allowed the be the biggest racist imaginable. But you are NOT allowed to refuse serving someone because their skin is a little darker.

The beliefs aren't banned or made illegal.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TransmutingSoul

TransmutingSoul Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,982
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    What I find interesting is that the Holy books contain many warnings, yet the believers never think those warnings may be applicable to their own stance.

If shown otherwise, they take it as an attack on their faith and lash out. In doing so they become the embodiment of what the Holy Book warns against, all the while offering they do it for God.

I see a person of faith, needs to look at self before condemning any others and no person can cast the first stone, so condemnation is not for humans, it is for God alone.

Regards Tony

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,916
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    Next time, I suggest you ask for actual Baha’i Writings on the topic.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Link

Link Well-Known Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,378
    Religion:
    Twelver seeker
    There is Islam as is and Islam as meant to be. I understand there is a difference. However, you guys give weight to that house of justice. I'll have to see if they interpret the Quran like @InvestigateTruth or not.

However, Khamainei (h) I don't think hates people and wants to forbid speech for sake of it. He is concerned with national security and US spends a lot of money on destroying the government of Iran through many agents (a lot of Iranians). So if Bahais themselves take a stance against Iran and Shiite Muslims, I see why he would forbid it at this time from being accepted as an official religion in Iran as opposed to a movement against Iranian security.

Maybe if interpretations change or Bahais take side of Iran and oppressed and Palestine in clear terms and show they won't work against national security of Iran, then perhaps.

I will research more into this. I'm going by what @InvestigateTruth said and @TransmutingSoul.

15. TagliatelliMonster

Ratings:
    +11,900
    Religion:
    Atheist
    Take the past 20-30 years.
    I have no idea what you mean by "shah time" and don't really care at this point either.
    If this religion is presently really so dangerous, then there should be plenty of events to choose from from the past 20-30 years.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Subduction Zone

Subduction Zone Veteran Member

Ratings:
    +33,946
    Religion:
    Atheist
    First off the Bahai faith is less of a cult than your faith.

If you think they are a cult then you are shouting that you are in one too.

Are you sure that you want to do that?

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. loverofhumanity

Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,916
    Religion:
    Baha'i Faith
    But I do sincerely wish to apologise for your being hurt because I am supposed to love and respect all religions and religionists but often I am not wise.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. TagliatelliMonster

Ratings:
    +11,900
    Religion:
    Atheist

Which I, again, only have your word for.
    Can you at least link the posts?

• Like Like x 1
  19. TransmutingSoul

TransmutingSoul Veteran Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7,982
    Religion:
    Baha'i
    Now, you will definitly have to quote what I said.

Regards Tony

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. TagliatelliMonster

Ratings:
    +11,900
    Religion:
    Atheist
    That's very vague. And I don't know what you mean by "you guys".

But in any case, I only asked because you seem to be very taken in by state owned propaganda.

• Like Like x 2