• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should all countries adopt a 2nd Amendment (Right To Bear Arms)?

Should all countries adopt a 2nd Amendment (Right To Bear Arms)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber & Business Owner
So why is it that only Americans feel this need to protect themselves from some nebulous threat? Maybe if there were fewer guns around there would be less paranoia.
Q: Why do Europeans, Australians, Chinese, &al not feel this threat from their neighbors?

Government? If the government wanted to get you, your AR-15 wouldn't stop them.
ADL? BLM? How are idealistic advocates of peace, justice and human rights a threat to you?
(spin on history)
Like many other things White Bread America saw black people doing it, so they complained, got scared, banned it, but because they saw the Black Man do it White Bread was able to imagine himself doing it, thought it was cool, amd like his god looking his creation he looked at what he saw and was pleased.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As a US citizen, I don't presume to know what the peoples of other nations should do.
Unable to abstract?
Do you vote? What historical precedents do you base your opinions on?
Dosn't dismissing history lead to repeating mistakes?

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
Unable to abstract?
Do you vote? What historical precedents do you base your opinions on?
Dosn't dismissing history lead to repeating mistakes?
No, I'm able to abstract. If you'd like to engage, we can. I just don't usually think about what other nations are doing or ought to be doing. We have plenty of problems to deal with here in the US.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
No, I'm able to abstract. If you'd like to engage, we can. I just don't usually think about what other nations are doing or ought to be doing. We have plenty of problems to deal with here in the US.
...Which would benefit from the experiences of other countries, in past times, with the same or similar problems.
Lets not repeat their -- our our -- mistakes.

Unfettered

A striving disciple of Jesus Christ
...Which would benefit from the experiences of other countries, in past times, with the same or similar problems.
Lets not repeat their -- our our -- mistakes.
If someone from another country asks my opinion about what his country should do, I'd talk about it. Otherwise, well, I've already said my piece here. :)

Flankerl

I very much enjoy not living in a country where every idiot has a gun to shoot up a place.
Humanity has done a field test on that and the area failed spectacularly.
But it's okay if you take into account that they want it that way.
Bit sad about the Kindergarten kids dying but oh well.

Shadow Wolf

Even though all people have a right to defend themselves, some governments are afraid that people will stand up for themselves.
Amymore, please. Let the beardnecked Yeehawdist and dumbass militias go up against Uncle Sam. Just let it happen.
I won't shed a tear when the survivors realize how wrong they were to think their precious guns would lwt them fight the state.

Shadow Wolf

I very much enjoy not living in a country where every idiot has a gun to shoot up a place.
Humanity has done a field test on that and the area failed spectacularly.
But it's okay if you take into account that they want it that way.
Bit sad about the Kindergarten kids dying but oh well.
Actually, lots of us don't want it this way. Those who think life is like a Rambo movie or think invasions happen like they do in Red Dawn are the ones who want it.
The rest of us are sick and tired of it, lots of to the pointof throwing the NRA against the wall for being a major part of the problem.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
In the USA we keep our guns to protect ourselves and the people we love. We need to protect ourselves from corrupt governments, and dangerous groups like the ADL and BLM.
How's that working out for you?

ow, right.... not very well.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
How's that working out for you?

ow, right.... not very well.
There is room for improvement.
I wouldn't give up an important constitutional
right that's useful for self defense.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
There is room for improvement.
I wouldn't give up an important constitutional
right that's useful for self defense.
But is it actually useful?

Every statistic about it shows it only accomplishes the exact opposite of it is supposed to accomplish.
There's not less gun violence, there's more.
There's not less homicide, there's more.

So HOW is it actually useful?