• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Alec Baldwin Be Charged With a Crime?

Should Alec Baldwin Be Charged With A Crime?

• Total voters

Bodie

Alec Baldwin use to do the best Trump impersonation for SNL. That is a sin that Trumpistas cannot forgive. Therefore they are abusing this personal tragedy.

So holding someone responsible in some way for causing death intentionally or unintentionally is somehow an abuse of a tragedy?

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
The OP lacks authority to persecute Baldwin.
How is Baldwin enduring any kind of injustice?
Bear in mind he's not been arrested or charged,
& he was in charge of that **** show that resulted
in death & injury from irresponsible gun handling.

I think if you are handling a gun you are ultimately the one responsible for what happens with it.
Not a good idea to rely on others for gun safety.
Anyway why the hell was he pointing it at a cinematographer? o_O

Suave

Simulated character
Sure. I think it all began here:

Donald Trump Jr. is now looking to profit from the Alec Baldwin shooting tragedy by selling T-shirts that state: Guns don't kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people. How disgusting is that!

Guns-Dont-Kill-People-Alec-Baldwin-Kills-People-T-Shirt-800x800.jpg

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Of course the investigation is ongoing but in the end no matter who gave him the firearm or who told him what he was the one holding the firearm and was personally responsible for making sure it was unloaded. As unfortunate as it is yes he does bear some responsibility in this IMO, much like a drunk driver that accidentally kills someone.

"All options are on the table," District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said of any potential charges. "No one has been ruled out at this point."
Presenting the department's initial findings, Sante Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said: "We suspect there were other live rounds found on set.
"

Alec Baldwin shooting: Criminal charges may be filed, prosecutor says - BBC News

"ALWAYS Keep The Gun Pointed In A Safe Direction

ALWAYS Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Ready To Shoot

ALWAYS Keep The Gun Unloaded Until Ready To Use

If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does."

NRA Gun Safety Rules | NRA Explore

***Please describe why you think he should or should not be charged***

I don't know really until there's more information. Still I suspect Baldwin bears a lion's share of responsibility.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I think if you are handling a gun you are ultimately the one responsible for what happens with it.
It seems that pointing it at the camera was
part of rehearsal....seems....entirely unsure.

Suave

Simulated character

I'd never point my .357 magnum revolver at anybody, unless I intended to pull the trigger to shoot at my target. But, that's just me! Perhaps other people play around too much with their firearms.

Bodie

Donald Trump Jr. is now looking to profit from the Alec Baldwin shooting tragedy by selling T-shirts that state: Guns don't kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people. How disgusting is that!

Alec Baldwin is starring in a movie that glorifies the misuse of firearms
womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member

Guns-Dont-Kill-People-Alec-Baldwin-Kills-People-T-Shirt-800x800.jpg

Do you have a link to Trump JR's website selling these shirts.
Seems kind of odd for the millionaire son of the president would be in the business of selling t-shirts.
Maybe but odd.

Bodie

Apparently it is against forum rules to call a thread mocking the victim of a tragedy and the people involved "goulish". I'll settle for "tasteless and cringeworthy", then.

Whatever fills those balloons you make animal balloons out of

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
So holding someone responsible in some way for causing death intentionally or unintentionally is somehow an abuse of a tragedy?
Can you point to where and in what way you are "holding" anybody "responsible", perhaps adding whom you are "holding responsible" and for what? It's alright to be specific.

Bodie

Can you point to where and in what way you are "holding" anybody "responsible", perhaps adding whom you are "holding responsible" and for what? It's alright to be specific.

I have already stated what my view is, IMO Alec Baldwin does have some responsibility in this since he was the one who had the firearm regardless of who said what or who handed it to him but I am no cop, lawyer, or DA.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I have already stated what my view is, IMO Alec Baldwin does have some responsibility in this since he was the one who had the firearm regardless of who said what or who handed it to him but I am no cop, lawyer, or DA.
So irreverent joke posts on an internet forum are your version of "holding people accountable"?

What exactly are you seeking to accomplish with that method?