• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Alec Baldwin Be Charged With a Crime?

Should Alec Baldwin Be Charged With A Crime?

• Total voters

Bodie

Of course the investigation is ongoing but in the end no matter who gave him the firearm or who told him what he was the one holding the firearm and was personally responsible for making sure it was unloaded. As unfortunate as it is yes he does bear some responsibility in this IMO, much like a drunk driver that accidentally kills someone.

"All options are on the table," District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said of any potential charges. "No one has been ruled out at this point."
Presenting the department's initial findings, Sante Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said: "We suspect there were other live rounds found on set.
"

Alec Baldwin shooting: Criminal charges may be filed, prosecutor says - BBC News

"ALWAYS Keep The Gun Pointed In A Safe Direction

ALWAYS Keep Your Finger Off The Trigger Until Ready To Shoot

ALWAYS Keep The Gun Unloaded Until Ready To Use

If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does."

NRA Gun Safety Rules | NRA Explore

***Please describe why you think he should or should not be charged***

Last edited:

Lain

Of course the investigation is ongoing but in the end no matter who gave him the firearm or who told him what he was the one holding the firearm and was personally responsible for making sure it was unloaded. As unfortunate as it is yes he does bear some responsibility in this IMO, much like a drunk driver that accidentally kills someone.

"All options are on the table," District Attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies said of any potential charges. "No one has been ruled out at this point."
Presenting the department's initial findings, Sante Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza said: "We suspect there were other live rounds found on set.
"

Alec Baldwin shooting: Criminal charges may be filed, prosecutor says - BBC News

If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does."

This is one of the cases where I think I am just deficient in my understanding of situations and happenings behind everyone else. I think he should be left alone and at most just compensate the family of the person who died and the person who was injured (that is not the family of that latter person but only the person themselves). It just seems like some weird bloodthirstiness people have about him and I have no idea why. Mistakes happen. How would charging him make him a better person? It seems to me that if any lesson on gun safety was to be learned it has already been learned by him and I doubt this will ever happen again (that is him accidentally doing this), so there is no benefit in pursuing the matter further.

All my opinion of course.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is one of the cases where I think I am just deficient in my understanding of situations and happenings behind everyone else. I think he should be left alone and at most just compensate the family of the person who died and the person who was injured (that is not the family of that latter person but only the person themselves). It just seems like some weird bloodthirstiness people have about him and I have no idea why. Mistakes happen. How would charging him make him a better person? It seems to me that if any lesson on gun safety was to be learned it has already been learned by him and I doubt this will ever happen again (that is him accidentally doing this), so there is no benefit in pursuing the matter further.

All my opinion of course.
Alec Baldwin use to do the best Trump impersonation for SNL. That is a sin that Trumpistas cannot forgive. Therefore they are abusing this personal tragedy.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

"

is Mr, Balwin member of the association requiting that? And is
that a requirement according to law?

Ciao

- viole

Suave

Simulated character

"

Involuntary manslaughter, no jail time, but paid restitution in the amount of life-time earnings of a top salaried cinematographer to his slaughtered victims' closest family member. this award amounting to four million dollars! This will send a strong message that actors who recklessly mishandle dangerous props lethal to on-set-film-crew members will be held financially accountable. Alec Baldiwn's net worth is estimated to be worth $60 million, so he could afford to pay out $4 million.

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion

"

I have no idea, and it doesn't matter what I think.

exchemist

Veteran Member

"

I don't think it is reasonable to expect an actor on set to go through the safety procedures. He is, after all supposed to be acting and has every reasonable expectation of being given an acting prop rather than a live weapon. But the film company and very likely the armourer, and the slapdash director who handed him the firearm, should be done for whatever the US equivalent is for criminal negligence.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I also heard that several union members had earlier protested the safety conditions on the set and were promptly fired and replaced with non-union members.
That one possible cause for the accident was the use of non-union members who lacked training in the safety protocols.
Alec Baldwin's fatal film set shooting followed union workers' outcry over safety issues

I read that as well. It appears there were concerns due to other "cold" guns being fired and actually being loaded. Not sure if Alec Baldwin would be responsible for this, but I admit, I voted "no" but certainly may change my mind with new information.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Wow! That would be a lot of videos to link. We were discussing the rather obvious hatred of Baldwin by the OP, right?
The OP lacks authority to persecute Baldwin.
How is Baldwin enduring any kind of injustice?
Bear in mind he's not been arrested or charged,
& he was in charge of that **** show that resulted
in death & injury from irresponsible gun handling.