• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexiest Accent

+Xausted

:D
I've often asked taht question. Do Europeans think the American accent is sexy? I was told that the Americans have bastardized the language so much that it almost sounds lugly. I was also told it depends on where you're from. Such as, is a New Jersey accent better or worse than say, a Texas accent.
sext isnt the word i would use....irratating maybe, but certainly not sexy....
I think English accents are pretty sexy.
why thankyou:D

Panda

42?
Premium Member
:D
sext isnt the word i would use....irratating maybe, but certainly not sexy....
I think English accents are pretty sexy.
why thankyou:D

What type of English accent? Some are nice, others make me want to throttle the person because their accent is so annoying.
I like Irish or French accents

+Xausted

What type of English accent? Some are nice, others make me want to throttle the person because their accent is so annoying.
I like Irish or French accents
yeah, to be honest, mine is one of those eccents. :cool:
i feel like that about newcastle, liverpool, manchester accents and those fake posh accents that people do.
i used to love the french accent until i had a french lecturer.....cant seem to see it as sexy now anymore

Hexaqua_David(II)

yeah, to be honest, mine is one of those eccents. :cool:
i feel like that about newcastle, liverpool, manchester accents and those fake posh accents that people do.
i used to love the french accent until i had a french lecturer.....cant seem to see it as sexy now anymore

You suck! I'm from Manchester and my accent isn't annoying. Funny thing is I sound half Scouse and half Mancunian. People from Liverpool think I'm from Manchester and visa versa!

Anyway, I like Irish accents the most. I once sat next to a woman at my place of work for 3 months. She was Irish and I could get no work done while listening to her talking to her friends!

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
You suck! I'm from Manchester and my accent isn't annoying. Funny thing is I sound half Scouse and half Mancunian. People from Liverpool think I'm from Manchester and visa versa!

Anyway, I like Irish accents the most. I once sat next to a woman at my place of work for 3 months. She was Irish and I could get no work done while listening to her talking to her friends!
I imagine you would have been sitting there looking exactly like the monkey in your avatar just listening. :D

Magic Man

Reaper of Conversation
i would like to say i am hurt, but i have seen your photo so i know on the scale of unattractrive you beat me hands down.................bring it on:D

So, what does it say about you that you don't even want to post a photo of yourself?

Hyzenthlay

The Fifth Marauder
I adore the Australian accent. Half the fun of watching "Crocodile Hunter" was hearing Steve Irwin talk. *sigh* I had such a crush on him though of course not just for that. French accents don't do anything for me since I had a heck of a time my last trip to Paris, but I think the British accent is adorable. Certainly, that has nothing to do with the fact that I've picked it up... ;)

stacey bo bacey

oh no you di'int
What do people think of American accents?

I've heard from the Spanish people at my work that we have ugly accents, haha! And this Australian guy I met the other night said we sound ugly, too...so uhh I guess we sound bad!

But there are accents within America that are endearing. I'm just trying to realize how "American" sounds. I know I never will be able to but I just wanna know how annoying we are!

Gentoo

The Feisty Penguin
I love almost any accent.. but the one that really gets me going is Arabic. Mmmm..... :)

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Irish, Irish, oh my Goddess, IRISH!
Most of the people I know with Irish accents are my relatives, so I think I've built up the idea that "Irish" = "family", which kinda kills the sexiness aspect of the accent for me.

I think stephenw was right about the French accent.

methylatedghosts

Can't brain. Has dumb.
I adore the Australian accent. Half the fun of watching "Crocodile Hunter" was hearing Steve Irwin talk. *sigh* I had such a crush on him though of course not just for that. French accents don't do anything for me since I had a heck of a time my last trip to Paris, but I think the British accent is adorable. Certainly, that has nothing to do with the fact that I've picked it up... ;)

Eh... some Aus accents can be very very irritating.

But I'm probably biased, being from NZ though :p

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
This steams from the Ethnic Heritage thread. IMO sexiness comes from the accent, so what is the sexiest accent for a person not from your own country to have? I like the Irish accent. You put an Irish woman who is a 5, throw in the accent and she goes directly to a 10. Others?

This reminds me of one of th most embarassing events I have been through;

I was working in a Bank, and was told that I was being transferred to a new branch.

On the first morning there, I arrived, was asked to identify myself, and went in (my name is Michel Hiernaux). As I went in, I was aware of a whole group of young girls and women hiding behind one of the doors to the main inside of the branch, and a kind of giggling...they all disappeared and went quiet.

After a couple of days, I asked one of the guys about what had happened...

"Simple", he said,"When we heard we were getting a guy with your name, all the female staff decided that you must be French, tall dark and handsome.....then they saw you".......:eek:

I don't think I'll quite get over that.....