• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seems like Zakir Naik's goose has been cooked.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Say what? Hitler was a Hindu? o_O:confused::oops::rolleyes:
No he wasn't obviously. But one of his right hand men, Himmler, misused the Bhagavad Gita, claiming it was a righteous war as was the Mahabharata War, and misused it to portray Hitler as a modern day Arjuna. That's where they get this stuff from. Rather distorted, to put it mildly.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
No he wasn't obviously. But one of his right hand men, Himmler, misused the Bhagavad Gita, claiming it was a righteous war as was the Mahabharata War, and misused it to portray Hitler as a modern day Arjuna. That's where they get this stuff from. Rather distorted, to put it mildly.
Distorted is putting it mildly. What you say does ring a distant bell however. I can't imagine that anyone took Himmler seriously with such a claim. It's not likely Hitler even did, but is sounded good.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
It should be illegal to subscribe to any illegal channel, and if the government gets going on this, I think it will perhaps cut down on some of the hatred. Unfortunately, there is just too much hatred all around, and its a monumental task. Still, we have to try. Glad some other governments (including mine) have banned he and his ilk from their countries. Not sure if Mr. Naik will be going home now. If he feels his arrest is immanent, he may stay in a 'friendlier' place.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'm not aware of Himmler's relationship with the Bhagavad Gita. Source, please? I'm honestly curious.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
You really are doing a huge disservice to Islam and Muslims.

And a real service for the rest of us. Using Zakir as the sole source of 'correct' information teaches the rest of us just how silly it can all get. "Don't be fooled." Please lol

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I knew that some of the Nazis had an obsession with India and Tibet, but I wasn't aware that Himmler was into Hindu stuff like he was into Norse stuff. Interesting. Thanks.

Seems to me that minds like that, not really all that compassionate, will hunt down any and all stuff that would somehow back up their own perverted sense of humanity. Not at all unlike being very selective with the quotes of any of the world's religious scriptures. Sad.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You can't claim without prove. There is nothing illegal can last. In fact, he didn't say anything appear to be hate. Zakir naik never preached bombing. So who sin will be responsible for his own. Sharukah Khan is also his follower and Hinduism love him.
Hitler was Hindu follower. Should we blame Hindu for his crimes.
The Central and State government has begun the investigation. This became necessary because two terrorists of the Dhaka massacre were had attended his program. Zakir Naik has not yet been termed as a terrorist. When and if he comes to India, he would be interrogated. His videos, speeches and writings are being checked. In case the police find anything objectionable, they will institute a case and the Courts will decide on it. If Zakir Naik cannot spend money on his defence/lawyers, Indian courts will provide him legal assistance. So, he has nothing to worry about.

I do not think there are many Hindus who love him. And Hitler was a Catholic Christian. As for beaming 'Peqce TV', it does not have a licence in India. Channels will not be able to beam it. If they do, their licence will be revoked and whatever is the punishment in law, that will be awarded to them. Although the channels affected by the order have all the freedom to approach the courts. In all these things, what is legal will be done. India is a law-abiding country.

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The government as asked the ED (Enforcement Directorate, as it is called here) to check on Zakir's finances. There are rules regarding acceptance and utilization of foreign money. ED will check if Zakir has a clean state there. He is supposed to have received some 12 million USD. He may have kept the money outside India.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Won't be difficult in India. Could be so in Bangladesh. But Bangladesh government recently arrested some 5,000 suspects. They are not taking it lightly. This is because terrorist activity affects their textile industry and that can derail their economy and current government.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Won't be difficult in India.
But so far it has been. This recent news is just a call to enforce already existing laws, no? So how long have the laws been in place, but not enforced. Congress didn't help of course, and Modi\s government may need time, but the tide is changing I think. As for Bangladesh, the problem is a problem when it's Muslim on Muslim. The Bangladeshi government and media has chronically turned a blind eye to persecution and genocide of Hindus. The latest reported 'incident' involved westerners, so naturally it drew attention.