• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seems like Zakir Naik's goose has been cooked.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Actually, that is perhaps one of the most intelligent pieces I have seen of him.
You see YmirGF, we have a saying in Hindi "Hāthi ke do dānt, ek dikhāne ke, dusare khāne ke" (The elephant has two sets of teeth. One set for show, the other for eating). We are not fooled when he talks sweet.

Last edited:

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Two of the Dhaka terrorists were his followers. Reports say that other terrorists (in Bangladesh and in India) also followed him. His 'Peace TV' does not have a licence in India. The Information and Broadcasting ministry has asked police to check who are the channel owners who are streaming "Peace TV', and have asked them to confiscate their equipment if they do not stop streaming 'Peace TV'. Zakir Naik is presently out of India. When and if he comes back (it is possible that he may not return to India), he will be interrogated by the police. Police is checking his videos, speeches and writing to check if they promote terrorism or religious discord. For the last ten-years Congress/Sonia government had given him a free hand. Digvijay Singh, a Congress leader, even called Zakir Naik a messenger of peace. At the moment, Bombay police has strengthened security around his office to avoid any damage in case Hindu extremists try to attack it.

He tried to steal the legacy of Sh Deedat..However he is the opposite of Deedat in many ways..

I am not familiar with his speeches...However over the years in my inner-self, I always considered him to be a hypocrite..

It seems that he is also anti-Shiites and a sectarian man...

And keep in my that I normally use the phrase "it seems" when I am 99.99999 % sure of something...

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
It seems that he is also anti-Shiites and a sectarian man ..
I think you are right in saying that he is a hypocrite. He poses to be a Salafi because most of his funds come from Saudi Arabia. Such people can be any whichever suits them at any point of time. They are 'munāfiqun'.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You see YmirGF, we have a saying in Hindi "Hāthi ke do dānt, ek dikhāne ke, dusare khāne ke" (The elephant has two sets of teeth. One set for show, the other for eating). We are not fooled when he talks sweet.
Oh, I do understand that, Aupmanyav. You should try to understand that I wasn't meaning what he said was intelligent. I said it was perhaps the most intelligent piece I have seen him do. He spread the blame all around the media instead of taking responsibility for his own poor choice of words in a shallow attempt to SOUND intelligent. The hypocrisy of his statement is implying that the members of the Islamic State are not real Muslims when he KNOWS that according to Islamic jurisprudence no man can say who is and who is not a Muslim - but he does so anyway. He is, in a very real sense, putting his opinion on par with that of his god which is a tad over his pay grade and makes him simply look foolish. That so many Muslims think he is brilliant is a tragedy, disturbing and problematic.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, that makes him a kafir. :D

"Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has gone astray from His way, and He is most knowing of the [rightly] guided."
Surah Al-Qalam 68.7

Last edited:

Godobeyer

the word "Islam" means "submission" to God
Premium Member
He tried to steal the legacy of Sh Deedat..However he is the opposite of Deedat in many ways..

I am not familiar with his speeches...However over the years in my inner-self, I always considered him to be a hypocrite..

It seems that he is also anti-Shiites and a sectarian man...

And keep in my that I normally use the phrase "it seems" when I am 99.99999 % sure of something...
This is really disppoint me !

"He tries to steal legacy of Sh Deedat" lol

Deedat is his teacher , Zakir appreciated that so he made video document about that called "How Deedat Made Me Daaee"
Daaee: mean preacher.

Check out:

Where you find him hypocrite exactly ?

I do consider your tag religion (Shia Islam) as sign of sectarian and calling for sectarian!

Shia Islam

Premium Member
This is really disppoint me !

"He tries to steal legacy of Sh Deedat" lol

Deedat is his teacher , Zakir appreciated that so he made video document about that called "How Deedat Made Me Daaee"
Daaee: mean preacher.

Check out:

Where you find him hypocrite exactly ?

I do consider your tag religion (Shia Islam) as sign of sectarian and calling for sectarian!

As of my tag, I believe that Shia Isalm is the true Islam, However, this does not mean that I am sectarian...I believe that among all the religions there are pious people who are doing their best to fulfill the will of their lord, and also I believe that Muslims need to unite.

Now Deedat was a non-sectarian man who visited Iran, met Imam Khomeini and supported the Islamic revolution...I don't say that everyone who does not support Iran is bad..However this step showed that Deedat was not sectarian..

As of Zakir, he is known famous for being a sectarian anti-Shiites man. I must say that I don't listen to his speeches, because of his sectarian attitude toward Shiites...I used to listen to many other Sunni scholars..including Deedat

Also..Zakir has been given a reward by the Saudis...You know what type of scholars do they reward?!!

Years back, people in the UK pretested his visit to GB...This was due to his known sectarian mentality and may be his stance from terrorism...

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Years back, people in the UK pretested his visit to GB...This was due to his known sectarian mentality and may be his stance from terrorism...
And so they should have refused him entry to the UK. The problem with his words on terrorism is that what he is saying is contextual. He does say "innocents" to cover his butt, but it might be very helpful to understand what he means by using the word. He does NOT mean it the way it might sound on the surface and given his comments about America being the leading terrorist, and a democratic republic whose government is installed by the general population - the people who elected their government are NOT without blame and are therefore NOT innocent.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
As of my tag, I believe that Shia Isalm is the true Islam, However, this does not mean that I am sectarian...I believe that among all the religions there are pious people who are doing their best to fulfill the will of their lord, and also I believe that Muslims need to unite.

And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

http://quran.com/3/103

Shia/Sunni...etc are divided.
Now Deedat was a non-sectarian man who visited Iran, met Imam Khomeini and supported the Islamic revolution...I don't say that everyone who does not support Iran is bad..However this step showed that Deedat was not sectarian..
So everyone visit Iran is not sectarian!

As of Zakir, he is known famous for being a sectarian anti-Shiites man. I must say that I don't listen to his speeches, because of his sectarian attitude toward Shiites...I used to listen to many other Sunni scholars..including Deedat
He may debate or discuss or reject some Shia believe, that his onw right.

I don't believe " anti-" is right definition for debating religions.

Also..Zakir has been given a reward by the Saudis...You know what type of scholars do they reward?!!
Not all Muslims scholars are wahabis.

Some wahabis are fix their views ,and some remain.

Manny scholars Muslims (Shia or Sunni), maybe soon all Muslims are not welcome in West.

Shia Islam

Premium Member
And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

http://quran.com/3/103

Shia/Sunni...etc are divided.

So everyone visit Iran is not sectarian!

He may debate or discuss or reject some Shia believe, that his onw right.

I don't believe " anti-" is right definition for debating religions.

Not all Muslims scholars are wahabis.

Some wahabis are fix their views ,and some remain.

Manny scholars Muslims (Shia or Sunni), maybe soon all Muslims are not welcome in West.

In the video you shared he does not sound sectarian :)

As I said, although I used to listen to many Sunni scholars, I did not listen to him..

I am sure that many people described him as sectarian..

I am not sure where the truth in this matter lies..

Allah knows..

Godobeyer

Premium Member
In the video you shared he does not sound sectarian :)
I believe he is not sectarian , since he reject the divide .

maybe because he debated/reject Shia beliefs, as all others do.

I find that normal to discuss or o debate what you disagree with,it's different that sectarian view.

As I said, although I used to listen to many Sunni scholars, I did not listen to him..
Arabic scholars ?

Just curious is there "shia" scholar deny the subject for Shia/Sunni sects/labels ?
I mean who reject the sects, he said , I am not Shia Muslim , I am just Muslim

Allah knows..
Allah tell first :)

Indeed, those who have divided their religion and become sects - you, [O Muhammad], are not [associated] with them in anything. Their affair is only
to Allah ; then He will inform them about what they used to do.​

Shia Islam

Premium Member
Arabic scholars ?

Just curious is there "shia" scholar deny the subject for Shia/Sunni sects/labels ?
I mean who reject the sects, he said , I am not Shia Muslim , I am just Muslim

The latest Sunni scholars I used to listen to were non-Arabs..

The main ones were Deedat, Hamza Yousif, who I respect a lot, and Shaykh Ninowy. I posted a lecture of Shaykh Ninowy in our webpage:

http://www.religioninform.com/multimedia.html

As of the Arab Sunni lecturers, I used to listen to sheikh Mitwalli Al-Sharawi a lot.

And lately, I started to listen to the very moderate Sunni scholars: Adnan Ebrahim and Hasan Farhan Maliki. These two scholars are very popular among the Shiites.

Regarding the other point, which is related to the Shia stance from the Sunni/Shia Issues, This issue is not new. The Shiites have Hadiths informing them how to approach this issue:

Here is one of such Hdiths:

Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said:

عودوا مرضاهم، واشهدوا جنائزهم، واشهدوا لهم وعليهم، وصلوا معهم في مساجدهم

‘Console their sick ones, and witness their funerals, and testify for them and against them, and Pray with them in their Masjids’.

So Ahlulbayt (a.s.) want the Muslims to be united and reject any form of sectarianism.

Yes, we believe in spreading the teachings of AhlulBayt (a.s.) and their views. However, in the same time we call for Muslim Unity. As of the Shia/Sunni labels, It has been there from the beginning, and it will continue. However, this should not divide the Muslims.

Godobeyer

Premium Member
The latest Sunni scholars I used to listen to were non-Arabs..

The main ones were Deedat, Hamza Yousif, who I respect a lot, and Shaykh Ninowy. I posted a lecture of Shaykh Ninowy in our webpage:

http://www.religioninform.com/multimedia.html

As of the Arab Sunni lecturers, I used to listen to sheikh Mitwalli Al-Sharawi a lot.

And lately, I started to listen to the very moderate Sunni scholars: Adnan Ebrahim and Hasan Farhan Maliki. These two scholars are very popular among the Shiites.

Regarding the other point, which is related to the Shia stance from the Sunni/Shia Issues, This issue is not new. The Shiites have Hadiths informing them how to approach this issue:

Here is one of such Hdiths:

Imam Sadiq (a.s.) said:

عودوا مرضاهم، واشهدوا جنائزهم، واشهدوا لهم وعليهم، وصلوا معهم في مساجدهم

‘Console their sick ones, and witness their funerals, and testify for them and against them, and Pray with them in their Masjids’.

So Ahlulbayt (a.s.) want the Muslims to be united and reject any form of sectarianism.

Yes, we believe in spreading the teachings of AhlulBayt (a.s.) and their views. However, in the same time we call for Muslim Unity. As of the Shia/Sunni labels, It has been there from the beginning, and it will continue. However, this should not divide the Muslims.
I wish that you know Arabic , there is two great scholars 1-Dr Adnan Ibrahim...and 2-al-Shiekh Omar Abd alkafi

Do you pray in "sunni" mosques , does all Shias practice that "hadith" ?

I never heard that Shia scholar said , there is no Shia or Sunni in Quran! as many "sunni" scholars said,including Dr Zakir, why ?

So how you claim that some shia scholar teaching for unity not divide, in same time they said we Shia !!! is this make sense ?

It's like said to Allah , I knew/respect that YOU said DON'T DIVIDE , but I prefer shia/sunni...etc-Muslim.

Sorry brother this is insane.

Last edited:

Shia Islam

Premium Member
Do you pray in "sunni" mosques , does all Shias practice that "hadith" ?

I never heard that Shia scholar said , there is no Shia or Sunni in Quran! as many "sunni" scholars said,including Dr Zakir, why ?

So how you claim that some shia scholar teaching for unity not divide, in same time they said we Shia !!! is this make sense ?

It's like said to Allah , I knew/respect that YOU said DON'T DIVIDE , but I prefer shia/sunni...etc-Muslim.

Sorry brother this is insane.

Following a Madhab (school) is something that is essential according to most of the Muslim scholars, whether they are Shiites or Sunnis..

Then, we believe that the Umayyads and the Abbasids and all the other tyrants who ruled over the Muslims were able to affluence how most Muslims understand Islam...

The Shiites were in the opposition, so they maintained their independence..

So it is our duty to propagate the idea of reclaiming the original teachings of Islam among Muslims...And the essential part of this is to propagate the idea of following Ahlulbayt..

Godobeyer

Premium Member
Following a Madhab (school) is something that is essential according to most of the Muslim scholars, whether they are Shiites or Sunnis..

Then, we believe that the Umayyads and the Abbasids and all the other tyrants who ruled over the Muslims were able to affluence how most Muslims understand Islam...

The Shiites were in the opposition, so they maintained their independence..

So it is our duty to propagate the idea of reclaiming the original teachings of Islam among Muslims...And the essential part of this is to propagate the idea of following Ahlulbayt..

No, it's not essential to label you , or make from your self a sect.
There is one Madhab called Islam, which is follow Allah and His prophet Muhamad (pbuh).

Sects in Islam is forbiden. disagreement in small details does not change the fact that all we are Muslims.

Last edited:

ronki23

Does Dr Naik actually support Pakistan? Where does he actually say this?

Also, what has Naik said that is deemed as hate speech. The only thing I recall is that he says “If he is fighting the enemies of Islam, I’m for him” … “If he is terrorizing America, the biggest terrorist, then I am with him” … “If he is terrorising a terrorist, he’s following Islam!”

But he himself said it was taken out of context

"“I have said that the Quran explicitly says in Chapter 5 that when a person kills another human being, of any religion, it is as though he has killed the whole of humanity. And when a man protects another from being killed, it is as though he has saved all of humanity… Why does the media give only half of my quote? I have said that for a thief, a policeman is a terrorist. And people should be terrorists against anti-social elements. The media misrepresents what I said, so i stopped saying this at my lectures.”"

By the way @Aupmanyav , why hasn't Modi been investigated alongside Bajrang Dal and VHP for 2002 in Gujarat? We know that Supreme Court of India is corrupt and didn't Babubhai Patel say Modi told them to punish innocent Muslims? I am by no means a fan of Islam but Hindus shouldn't think that they are without sin; you only need to look at the 1984 Delhi / Punjab riots, 2002 in Gujarat, Assam, Nagaland, Bodoland, Manipur,etc. It's called 'Saffron Terror'

ronki23

Naik is a fugitive criminal for us. If he has not done anything unlawful, he should come to India and present his case in the courts.

Bilkis Bano case: Story of brutality and 15-year-long wait for justice
It took time, but the Courts did not forget the culprits.

Why is Naik a criminal? Has he said anything pro Pakistan or anti Indian? Does he not have the right to freedom of speech?

The only reason I dislike him is he thinks he knows Hinduism/Sikhism/Buddhism and claims the followers are fools

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That shows how foolish he is. No dearth of such people. So Mohammad visited heaven riding a white beast and met Jesus and other prophets?