• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

seeking christianity

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
It's My Birthday!
Spiritual water ... the holy Spirit. This is not a (physical) water baptism.

There is evidence of speaking in other languages by the holy Spirit, but obviously even that can be faked and often is. So, basically the real knowledge is between you and God. You know when you have received the holy Spirit.
What is spiritual water?

And you didn't address my other question. How can you objectively differentiate someone that received such baptism from someone that didn't?

shmogie

While I am in some ways too emotional, I
am also maybe too analytical. I see things
as probabilities or shades of grey, and
am hard pressed to find an "absolute".
Yes, I understand. Before becoming a Christian, I was the same. I would also add that I was a cynic to the highest degree, cynicism still plagues me at times.
I finally came to the conclusion, after exposure to general philosophy, that there are absolutes, ultimate truths and for our own good we should search them out.

From my work I know that evidence can be a tricky thing, subject to things like quality, truth, and rules.
Yet, once admitted, the jury decides the value of it.

I think part of my problem was that I did not want to be a juror in that trial, but finally I realized I had to.

So, for me the trial is over, the verdict is in, and I believe what I believe.

The gret Christian philosopher, Blaise Pascal put it very clearly when addressing the non believer, ¨ if I am wrong, I lose nothing, if you are wrong, you lose everything"

Diamond

It didn't exactly stand on its own feet. Instead, it was carried along by the blind faith of the followers.
The only reason the story of christianity is alive, is because its followers keep it alive.

Not exactly

What Does the Bible Say About Witches?

The bible unambigously calls for the death of sorceress, mediums, necromancers,... aka "witches" in plenty of places.

The bible is full of who they say is sinful or who won't get to heaven.no proof to the bible scriptures Most people don't even know about Witches,they go by what the bible says or what they have been told or see movies. What you believe may not be true!!

Diamond

¨ I am the way, the truth, and the life, no man comes to the Father but by Me¨

There is the truth, it cannot be any clearer.
and so says the bible that no one can prove and also I don't have to go through Jesus to get to God,I go straight to God

Diamond

I was a Christian till I realized that the bible is just pass me down or hearsay fiction,and the way y'all treat others and other religions, it's really nothing to brag about at all

Spartan

I was a Christian till I realized that the bible is just pass me down or hearsay fiction,and the way y'all treat others and other religions, it's really nothing to brag about at all

I've researched the Bible for over forty years and the Gospels are not fiction. If you think they are show me ONE person, place, or event in the Gospels that has been proven to be fictitious? Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case.

shmogie

How do I treat others ? Obviously you never researched the origin, history, or validity of the Bible. If you had, you probably would not have come to the conclusions you did.

I can give you an excellent reading list, but you aren´t interested.

I suspect that you wanted to do what you wanted to do, and Christian behavior interfered with that.

Diamond

There's no such thing as witches.
Or "mediums". Or "necromancers". Or "sorcerers".

And those who claim to be such anyway and really believe it, belong in a mental hospital - not on death row.

Go ask your questions in Nigeria, where christians are still hunting and killing "witches".
Wiches,mediums as well others t
I've researched the Bible for over forty years and the Gospels are not fiction. If you think they are show me ONE person, place, or event in the Gospels that has been proven to be fictitious? Cite the pertinent scripture(s) and make your case.
I can't send you anything cause I don't read it,I listen to people who do and the paster said

Zita

Solitary Eclectic Witch
So under christianity, it is forbidden to have justice served for any kind of wrongdoing?

As I said, the bible is unambigous on this particular matter. It says, crystal clear: kill them.
not just this its always killing up people for who they are, if not what the says.that's nothing new

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
If it would have been up to people like me, then nobody would have been burned alive, under no circumstances, no matter what those people's crimes were.

Sounds ^ above ^ like God agrees with you because this is how He feels as per Jeremiah 32:35; 2 Chronicles 28:3

Last edited:

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think the world would be a better place when people would stop believing things on bad or no evidence.
And that would pretty much mean the end of all religions.
To me, that means the end of all false religions
The end of the fake ' weed/tares ' Christians and the many who simply call Jesus as Lord but prove false - Matthew chapter 7
What will be left are the genuine ' wheat ' Christians who will become part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I am wondering what part of Scripture is hearsay fiction.
True, MANY come in Jesus' name and prove false just as Jesus said at Matthew 7:21-23.
The way true or genuine Christians would act is described by Jesus' New commandment found at John 13:34-35.
The soon coming ' time of separating ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 is Not fiction.

Diamond

How do I treat others ? Obviously you never researched the origin, history, or validity of the Bible. If you had, you probably would not have come to the conclusions you did.

I can give you an excellent reading list, but you aren´t interested.

I suspect that you wanted to do what you wanted to do, and Christian behavior interfered with that.
well you wrong at that time I was doing as the bible said and it made no sense and coul
I am wondering what part of Scripture is hearsay fiction.
True, MANY come in Jesus' name and prove false just as Jesus said at Matthew 7:21-23.
all scriptures are fiction till you prove what is written
The way true or genuine Christians would act is described by Jesus' New commandment found at John 13:34-35.
The soon coming ' time of separating ' on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 is Not fiction.