• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

seeking christianity

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The gospels were written 25 to 50 years after the crucifixion.
Can you believe in the message of the Christ without the miracles? Do you need walking on water and raising people from the dead or casting out "demons" to get the message?

To which message are you referring because the message about having control over weather phenomenon and resurrecting people, etc. would need eye witness accounts.
Only the people Jesus cured in private did Jesus instruct them Not to tell others because Jesus did Not want hear-say accounts but only eye-witness accounts about his works bringing praise to his God.
People actually seeing Jesus perform miracles would help 1st-century Christianity get off to a flying start.
Genuine followers would spread the message of Daniel 2:44 just as Jesus instructed at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
They would tell others why God's kingdom was a priority to Jesus over healing everyone on Earth - Luke 4:43.
This is because regulating weather, resurrecting the dead, and the global healing of earth's nations will take place during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, his millennium-long day of governing over Earth.
Not only will there be ' healing ' for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2 but even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
So, Jesus was giving a preview, a coming attraction of what he will be doing internationally in the soon coming future.

sooda

Veteran Member
To which message are you referring because the message about having control over weather phenomenon and resurrecting people, etc. would need eye witness accounts.
Only the people Jesus cured in private did Jesus instruct them Not to tell others because Jesus did Not want hear-say accounts but only eye-witness accounts about his works bringing praise to his God.
People actually seeing Jesus perform miracles would help 1st-century Christianity get off to a flying start.
Genuine followers would spread the message of Daniel 2:44 just as Jesus instructed at Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:8.
They would tell others why God's kingdom was a priority to Jesus over healing everyone on Earth - Luke 4:43.
This is because regulating weather, resurrecting the dead, and the global healing of earth's nations will take place during Jesus' 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth, his millennium-long day of governing over Earth.
Not only will there be ' healing ' for earth's nations as per Revelation 22:2 but even ' enemy death ' will be No more on Earth as per 1 Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
So, Jesus was giving a preview, a coming attraction of what he will be doing internationally in the soon coming future.

There is no Daniel. He was an ancient and popular literary device from the north coast Canaanites that the Hebrews used.. That's why Daniel appears to live and prophesy over 900 years. Be careful of futurism here. Its misleading.

shmogie

You did not "provoke". Suggesting i am just being
emotional is, btw, also dismissive.

As fur gnats, I know the bible
better than most christians.

What I said about islam is exactly to your pascal - point,
and not taking chances, though you ignored or chose not
to see it. To them. Allah is real and the biggest deal
of all. So they choose, you choose something else,
I choose to note the spectrum of beliefs.

If you think in black and white then you do.
Binary thinking and religious fundamentalism
go together.

Analytical and cynical are as I said, nowhere relatted,
if they seem so to you, your usage of one or both words
is off. I thought that of some relevance to your saying
you used to think like me.

It could be frustrating if I try to say things to which
you either do not respond at all, or handwave
via (inapt) bible phrase, / otherwise dismiss.

Lets quit for now if so, for now. I am feeling
a tad snipoy / jetlagged, so a bit less toleran
than at some other times-
and, I actually want to be on good terms.
We are on good terms !

Sure, everyone believes what they believe, and believe it is the truth.

I don´t confuse cynicism with critical thinking. Though I think there can be cynical critical thinking.

I came to believe what I believe because of critical thinking and analysis, I was educated, trained, ad worked in a field that one does not survive without the ability to think critically and objectively.

Knowledge of the discipline of logic was an asset as well.