• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

See? Some people have a positive attitude

exchemist

Veteran Member
Some people see good in all the murders in Ukraine. Because of the energy factor. Isn't that something? Russo-Ukrainian war: How the conflict will change the way the world uses energy | New Scientist
This is a travesty of the article you are citing. Nobody "sees good in all the murders" - except Putin, perhaps.

What the article points out is that the sanctions (which are intended to put pressure on the murderers to rethink their plans) ) may lead countries to accelerate the conversion to renewable energy sources.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Ffs they're trying to bring the green stuff into the war. It's not timely.
It's very timely when your gas and oil supply is being cut off by a hostile authoritarian regime.

You Americans, of course, won't care, but then when have you ever cared about the problems of Europeans to begin with?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
It's very timely when your gas and oil supply is being cut off by a hostile authoritarian regime.

You Americans, of course, won't care, but then when have you ever cared about the problems of Europeans to begin with?
@Rival is from the UK. :D

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member

It just struck me as people pushing their agenda when folks are dying en masse. I don't disagree with the message necessarily, but they picked a really bad time to do it - I feel it's as though they're using a horrible situation to sell their product.

QuestioningMind

Some people see good in all the murders in Ukraine. Because of the energy factor. Isn't that something? Russo-Ukrainian war: How the conflict will change the way the world uses energy | New Scientist

What exactly is the purpose of this post? It sounds like you are attempting to demonize people who can find small positive side effects to horrendous tragedies. It's a common human response when people are desperate to find reasons why people haven't died and suffered in vain. When my aunt died in a car accident and ended up donating her organs to save the lives of other people no one thought it was 'good' that she died in the accident, but we did take comfort in knowing that something positive did occur because of our tragic loss.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It just struck me as people pushing their agenda when folks are dying en masse. I don't disagree with the message necessarily, but they picked a really bad time to do it - I feel it's as though they're using a horrible situation to sell their product.
I didn't expect anything less from people like that.

It does remind me however of weapons platform testing during periods of war.

exchemist

Veteran Member

I think Rival lives in Yorkshire. She's a bit Brexitty, but otherwise quite nice.:D

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member

Well, there's no denying it would be a welcome side-effect.

But I feel like such "hysterical" or "draconian" measures should have happened decades ago, as a response to science reports on the matter of climate. A nice side-effect of that, would have been that a lot of authoritarian states wouldn't have been as rich as they are today to fuel their war machines.... :rolleyes:

And perhaps Russia wouldn't even have had the budget required to move into ukraine in the first place.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
It just struck me as people pushing their agenda when folks are dying en masse.
And yet neither the governments responsible for the sanctions, nor the political parties cheering Putin, nor the companies who are now trying their very best to circumvent existing green energy targets managed to draw your ire. Funny how that works.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
What I think about is the billions going to deal with this war instead of being used to help the transition to alternative energy.
Yup. But I believe and have faith that a better world is coming where there will be no more war and no more selfishness. Yup. I have no reason to doubt it. :) Take care. *Not sure about needing gasoline though...in the future...hopefully we'll see. :)