• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

See? Some people have a positive attitude

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Ffs they're trying to bring the green stuff into the war. It's not timely.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I guess it's easy to see the glass half-full when it's someone else's glass that's half-empty. Or utterly shattered.
Did anyone actually say they saw the glass as half full?

Or is it simply a conservative right wing lie being accepted uncritically and propagated?

In my opinion.

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
Where in the article does it say it saw good in all the murders in Ukraine?

Or is this just right wing conservative Christian lies?

In my opinion.
It doesn't use that phrase. But it's clear that they're saying something good will come out of it. If you don't see that, ok, have a real good day as you contemplate things.

YoursTrue

Did anyone actually say they saw the glass as half full?

Or is it simply a conservative right wing lie being accepted uncritically and propagated?

In my opinion.
I am amazed you see the idea put forth in the article as a political ploy. What is so obvious to some just isn't to others. :) Anyway, have a good evening.

danieldemol

Premium Member
It doesn't use that phrase. But it's clear that they're saying something good will come out of it. If you don't see that, ok, have a real good day as you contemplate things.
The way I see it is that they are saying change will come out of the petrol shortage, not that there is good in the murder of Ukrainians.

In my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
I am amazed you see the idea put forth in the article as a political ploy. What is so obvious to some just isn't to others. :) Anyway, have a good evening.
I do not see the idea put forward in the article as being a political ploy, I see the interpretive spin being placed on the article as being unjustified as the article does not even hint at the murder of Ukrainians as containing some good.

In my opinion.

YoursTrue

Its not timely to the extent it should have been prepared for long before the war, but relevant to the extent that the war has given us a taste of the fossil fuel crisis we will inevitably have to face.

In my opinion.
So the men, women, and children not allowed to live a so-called normal life because they were murdered lead to something good? Maybe they can mention that at their funerals, that their deaths will help the world with the energy debacle.

YoursTrue

The way I see it is that they are saying change will come out of the petrol shortage, not that there is good in the murder of Ukrainians.

In my opinion.
ok, that's the way you see it. Do you really think it couldn't have been solved before this? (not that it helps but there's an expression -- 'knock it off.')

danieldemol

Premium Member
So the men, women, and children not allowed to live a so-called normal life because they were murdered lead to something good? Maybe they can mention that at their funerals, that their deaths will help the world with the energy debacle.
Neither the article nor i suggested that the murder in Ukraine led to something good.
In fact the only thing discussed from what I managed to glean was that the petrol shortage will lead to change in the way we use energy.

Just to repeat, none of that is mentioning murder or that such murder contains "some good"

In my opinion.

danieldemol

Premium Member
ok, that's the way you see it. Do you really think it couldn't have been solved before this? (not that it helps but there's an expression -- 'knock it off.')
I think the problem could have been mitigated to an extent had there been the political will to do so.

In my opinion.

Dan From Smithville

What we've got here is failure to communicate.
Staff member
Premium Member
Are you unaware of the changes that came out of World War II and how they effected the world? Is anyone that recognizes them saying they are glad all thode people died? Or are they recognizing that conflict drove changes?

I don't see the spin you are claiming and that your view is how I should interpret the article.