• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Wave of Covid 19 In China?

exchemist

Veteran Member
It seems that the area of Jia in China is under lockdown in fear of another outbreak of coronavirus
County in China locks down amid concerns of potential second coronavirus wave
Chinese county goes into coronavirus lockdown amid fear of second wave

In addition it appears that China was lying about the facts concerning the coronavirus.
China lied about coronavirus, putting world in jeopardy, US intelligence agents say
Do you have a source other than Fox for the second one?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
It seems that the area of Jia in China is under lockdown in fear of another outbreak of coronavirus

In addition it appears that China was lying about the facts concerning the coronavirus.
China lied about coronavirus, putting world in jeopardy, US intelligence agents say

Yes, China lied big time about the number of cases and fatalities, and yes the coronavirus can locally flar up in a population that does not have the immunity, but no we do not have evidence yet of a second wave.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

I wouldn't trust fox to tell the right time. Do you have corobarating links that are not known for fake news, right wing sensationalism and misleading articles?

esmith

Veteran Member

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yes, China lied big time about the number of cases and fatalities, and yes the coronavirus can locally flar up in a population that does not have the immunity, but no we do not have evidence yet of a second wave.
I see this as unlikely, since the epidemic curve for other countries (edit: sorry - meant to say China) had matched the curve seen in other countries.

If China had been hiding a significant number of either cases or deaths, then their epidemic curves would have been significantly different from the trend we've seen in other countries; this isn't what happened.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
I see this as unlikely, since the epidemic curve for other countries had matched the curve seen in other countries.

If China had been hiding a significant number of either cases or deaths, then their epidemic curves would have been significantly different from the trend we've seen in other countries; this isn't what happened.

The curves vary, but they have significant similarities. I do believe China under reported deaths and cased, but this does not effect the curve. One significant evidence of an under reporting the extent of the virus is the shipments of burial urns to Wuhan was significantly more then the official reported number of fatalities.

There is an interesting factor that the immune system of the Chinese may be better adapted, because this variation coronavirus is endemic to China.

exchemist

Veteran Member
The curves vary, but they have significant similarities. I do believe China under reported deaths and cased, but this does not effect the curve. One significant evidence of an under reporting the extent of the virus is the shipments of burial urns to Wuhan was significantly more then the official reported number of fatalities.

There is an interesting factor that the immune system of the Chinese may be better adapted, because this variation coronavirus is endemic to China.
What evidence do you have for the last statement?

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
What evidence do you have for the last statement?

I did not say this was necessarily true, but 'may' be a possibility.

The history of viruses in the past for one. There is a distinct immunity to new flus in past generations that have had similar flus. Second, viruses like the coronavirus are endemic to their world and have a history of moving from host to host over time. Third immune systems are known to evolve with populations within regions.

74x12

It was obvious from the start that China was lying. Of course China lied. Why is the US Government acting surprised? If I knew, then how did they not know? They're acting ... Stop pretending that either the Chinese or American government is honest.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The New York Times is reporting the same thing. I'm not going there to post a link because of the limit on the number of free pages in a month. But a search will find it.

But it should not be any surprise that China lies. It's what they do because they're terrified of the truth.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
People who watch Fox in order to get news are like those who also read the National Enquirer and believe they're getting news. In reality, they don't want news but want confirmation bias and told that they are cute little conservatives.

Too bad that Trump and those that blindly believe him are not conservatives because Trump clearly does not reflect fiscal conservatism, nor political conservatism, nor social conservatism. Instead, what Trump's flock believe in is better called "Trumpism"-- a blind faith in one who is a hedonistic materialist, and that's just for starters.

esmith

Veteran Member
People who watch Fox in order to get news are like those who also read the National Enquirer and believe they're getting news. In reality, they don't want news but want confirmation bias and told that they are cute little conservatives.

Too bad that Trump and those that blindly believe him are not conservatives because Trump clearly does not reflect fiscal conservatism, nor political conservatism, nor social conservatism. Instead, what Trump's flock believe in is better called "Trumpism"-- a blind faith in one who is a hedonistic materialist, and that's just for starters.
So, then I must assume that you think China good, U.S. Government bad.
Seems like we have quite a few in the media than thinks that way also. Guess we know where you get your information.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
So, then I must assume that you think China good, U.S. Government bad.
Seems like we have quite a few in the media than thinks that way also. Guess we know where you get your information.

Bad assumption. As far as acting proactively and aggressively against the coronavirus both bad.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The curves vary, but they have significant similarities. I do believe China under reported deaths and cased, but this does not effect the curve.
Of course it would. Alter the number of deaths or cases and you alter measures that are based on these measures.

One significant evidence of an under reporting the extent of the virus is the shipments of burial urns to Wuhan was significantly more then the official reported number of fatalities.
That's ridiculous. Since when does preparing for a "worst case" imply that the worst case actually happened secretly?

It's endemic to Chinese bats, not people.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I did not say this was necessarily true, but 'may' be a possibility.

The history of viruses in the past for one. There is a distinct immunity to new flus in past generations that have had similar flus. Second, viruses like the coronavirus are endemic to their world and have a history of moving from host to host over time. Third immune systems are known to evolve with populations within regions.
Actually you said it "is" endemic, not "may be". But never mind, thanks for clarifying that this is just a speculation on your part.