• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Military Soldier Questions Obama's Eligibility To Be President

Luminous

non-existential luminary
I propose an amendment to take that natural born crap out of the constitution, i am not natural born and i have seen that i am more patriotic than some natural borns. being natural born has absolutely no bearing on your love of country, understanding of country, or anything else that matters.

Alceste

Vagabond
If this is truly his BC then the case is closed. If not well then there will always be a question.

I was going to stay out of it, but the curiosity is killing me... what's the going "theory" about where Obama got a "fake" Hawaiian birth certificate? And where was he actually born, according to the tabloids?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Is Obama a "Natural Born Citizen" as required by the US Constitution to hold the office of President?
Natural Born Citizen Defined: A person must be a native born citizen of the United States born on US soil and one of his or her parents is natural born or naturalized OR if born on foreign soil must be the son or daughter of a native born citizen of the United States And subject to US Jurisdiction.

2nd U.S. soldier in Iraq challenges eligibility

Interesting essay on "natural born" citizen.
Defining Natural-Born Citizen - The Federalist Blog

He is'nt my President but he was duly elected fair and square and this is just some racist nuts clutching at straws,surely only weak minded people like the KKK would think this way.

Napoleon

This is punishable by court-martial, dishonorable discharge, and possibly even the death penalty under the UCMJ.

Smoke

Done here.
This is punishable by court-martial, dishonorable discharge, and possibly even the death penalty under the UCMJ.
The UCMJ frequently allows great latitude. The phrase "shall be punished as a court-martial may direct" occurs in the UCMJ about as often as "and it came to pass" occurs in the Book of Mormon.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
The UCMJ frequently allows great latitude. The phrase "shall be punished as a court-martial may direct" occurs in the UCMJ about as often as "and it came to pass" occurs in the Book of Mormon.
Your kidding?
That is the biggest hurdle I had to overcome when reading The Book of Mormon, all the 'and it came to pass's

I lost count at 153 times.
And I know I didn't get them all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Napoleon

Calling the President a "usurper" and "impostor" is punishable under Article 88 of the UCMJ and the fact that he signed a document in which he, essentially, declares that he will not follow orders from the President and agrees to be a plaintiff in a lawsuit which ultimately seeks to overthrow the President constitutes sedition as per Articles 80 and 94. We all know the punishment for sedition is death but I believe we can agree that he probably won't be prosecuted unless he takes it a step further.

The Associated Press said:
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]State declares Obama birth certificate genuine[/FONT] [FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]
Friday October 31, 2008 10:46 PM
[/FONT]

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif] HONOLULU (AP) - State officials say there's no doubt Barack Obama was born in Hawaii. [/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Health Department Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino said Friday she and the registrar of vital statistics, Alvin Onaka, have personally verified that the health department holds Obama's original birth certificate. [/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Fukino says that no state official, including Republican Gov. Linda Lingle, ever instructed that Obama's certificate be handled differently.[/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]She says state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest. [/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Some Obama critics claim he was not born in the US. [/FONT][FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Earlier Friday, a southwest Ohio magistrate rejected a challenge to Obama's citizenship. Judges in Seattle and Philadelphia recently dismissed similar suits. [/FONT]
State declares Obama birth certificate genuine | World Latest | guardian.co.uk

FactCheck.org said:
The truth about Obama's birth certificate.

Summary

In June, the Obama campaign released a digitally scanned image of his birth certificate to quell speculative charges that he might not be a natural-born citizen. But the image prompted more blog-based skepticism about the document's authenticity. And recently, author Jerome Corsi, whose book attacks Obama, said in a TV interview that the birth certificate the campaign has is "fake."

We beg to differ. FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.

Update, Nov. 1: The director of Hawaii’s Department of Health confirmed Oct. 31 that Obama was born in Honolulu.
FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

Click on these links to view photos of Obama's birth certificate, highlighting various details:
The Obama birth certificate, held by FactCheck writer Joe Miller
Hawaiian State Registrar Alvin T. Onaka's signature stamp
The raised seal
Blowup of text

Now that we've resolved the "question" raised by the "second military soldier", I have some natural follow-up questions:

How is it that a significant element of the American population has been duped by this utterly baseless rumor about Obama's birth certificate and citizenship? Who planted it in the first place, and how could they have not known their allegations were a baseless distraction from the serious issues our country faces? How should we regard any statements such people make in the future? What other allegations/issues/"facts" coming from such people should now be suspected as lies?

I know at least part of the answer....Fox News paraded one puppet in front of the public, a man named Jerome Corsi. Corsi co-authored the now utterly debunked 2004 book 'Unfit for Command', which defamed Senator John Kerry. His co-author was the head of 'Swiftvets and POWs for Truth', one of those 'nonpartisan' groups which in fact is funded and closely connected with the Republican party (and the Bush campaign in 2004).

For the 2008 election, Corsi authored 'The Obama Nation' and appeared on Hannity & Colmes where he was given lots of uninterrupted, unchallenged time to expose the 'real' Barack Obama--including the utterly baseless "issue" of his citizenship. In a subsequent episode of 'Hannity & Colmes', Sean Hannity proudly announces "We launched it [Jerome Corsi's book] right here on Hannity & Colmes." The book became a #1 New York Times bestseller, although this was largely due to bulk sales, which many suspect were orchestrated by conservative groups to give the book undue publicity.

Once the seed was planted, a misguided, misinformed section of the (conservative) public perpetuated it with chain emails and blogs, even as the rumors were dismissed and disproved in the mainstream media.

So, let's follow the chain of people responsible for spreading these utterly baseless distractions, from bottom to top:

• Average citizens who are misinformed
    • like Zippy and the "second military soldier"

• The cultural managers who misinform citizens
    • like Jerome Corsi and Sean Hannity

• The right-wing media which publishes the cultural managers' books
    • like right-wing book publisher Regnery Publishing
      • published 'Unfit for Command' and 'The Obama Nation', also publishes books by Newt Gingrich, Ann Coulter, etc.
    • like right-wing website World Net Daily and its book publisher, WND Books
      • published books by Jerome Corsi, among others
    • like right-wing channel Fox News

• The rich & powerful who own and support the right-wing media
    • like billionaire Rupert Murdoch, who made his fortune in the tabloid industry; owner of Fox News who stated he has used his media empire to try to shape public opinion on issues like the Iraq War
      • Unfortunately, as Mr. Murdoch states, he and his enormous worldwide conglomerate of newspapers, film and TV channels were ultimately unsuccessful, as the "public...has grown very very tired of the whole enterprise [of the Iraq war]"...probably because the public has to fight, die, and pay for the "whole enterprise".

• like Thomas A. Fuentes, a director of Eagle Publishing, the parent company of Regnery Publishing
      • According to Regnery's website, he is [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Senior Vice President, Tait & Associates, Inc., [/SIZE][/FONT]and Director of Fleetwood Enterprises, Inc. In addition, he is a Director of the Claremont Institute and Chairman of the Republican Party of Orange County, California. He is the former Director of Communications of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange County.

• like Richard Mellon Scaife, US billionaire, newspaper publisher, and heir to an enormous banking and gulf oil fortune
      • who directed and funded The Scaife Foundations,
        • which funds many conservative think-tanks, including the Western Journalism Center
          • which has a for-profit arm called World Net Daily
So....we have the rich and powerful supporting right-wing cultural/media organizations, with the express purpose of misleading, confusing, and distracting average citizens. You can tell how little respect these elite business/media owners have for average people like us, when they deem it acceptable to lie to us in order to affect how we vote/participate in the government which rules us. And their propaganda campaign has had some success...not just on this issue but others...remember much of our population doesn't "believe in" global warming, and something like 11% of Americans thought Obama was Muslim (which shouldn't have mattered anyway).

Now what does this say about the dissemination of accurate information to all our citizens, and what does that say about the state of democracy in our country?

Last edited:

Smoke

Done here.
Now what does this say about the dissemination of accurate information to all our citizens, and what does that say about the state of democracy in our country?
Pretty scary, isn't it?

But at least we've gained the phrase "military soldier." That's some consolation.

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
Is Obama a "Natural Born Citizen" as required by the US Constitution to hold the office of President?
Natural Born Citizen Defined: A person must be a native born citizen of the United States born on US soil and one of his or her parents is natural born or naturalized OR if born on foreign soil must be the son or daughter of a native born citizen of the United States And subject to US Jurisdiction.

2nd U.S. soldier in Iraq challenges eligibility

Interesting essay on "natural born" citizen.
Defining Natural-Born Citizen - The Federalist Blog
This argument has already been tried Zippy. Someone on RF was hawking this "scandal" before the election. Honestly, this is sad.

The Supreme Court has already stated that the President is a natural-born citizen. If people want to challenge him on his policies, that's fine, but this just looks like more fringe stupidity.
I beg to differ. It's smack dab in the middle of stupid. Nothing fringe about it. :p